Photo

115 Lb, 22 Year Old Female On Accutane For The 1St Time!

accutane acne scarring hyperpigmentation low-dose long-term

113 replies to this topic

#41 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:22 AM

Can anyone recommend a good non-comedogenic face powder for dry skin?

#42 Guest_GetMeTheResults_*

Guest_GetMeTheResults_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:37 AM

I would try BareMinerals, sephora has a starter kit exclusive for only online customers for $25 :)

If you want something more affordable try Neutrogena's powders.

#43 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:39 AM

I've heard BareMinerals breaks people out! Because of the bismuth whatevs!

Do you have any other suggestions? Preferably more high-end, rather than drugstore?

#44 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:17 AM

I'm so disappointed in myself. Before I started Accutane, I was doing so much research on it and would read about how people got so drunk while on Accutane, and think to myself: "How can people be so stupid?.... Like you're on such a serious drug, plus, why would you purposely sabotage your treatment?" Well... last weekend.. I didn't drink.. BUT.... I did mdma :| :|

I know. I know. I actually can't believe myself. I don't know what came over me.

I want more than anything, to have clear skin. Then I go put another dangerous drug in my body on Accutane.

I'm posting this on here because I don't know who to talk to about it. I don't feel like anyone else would understand.

#45 Emilylu

Emilylu

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

I'm almost the same as you... 24 yr old female, 112 lbs, first time on accutane. I am on my third week.... cheer.gif

How do I make my own posts and keep my own blog on here? Help please! :)

#46 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:24 PM

Click on "Accutane logs" and on the top right corner you'll see a button that says "Start a New Topic" :) !

UPDATE: DAY 92 AKA 3 months!!!!

Woooooo I can't believe it's been 3 months!! That's crazy to me. Before I know it, it'll be over with :) 

I'm so excited because my skin is looking better everyday. I've been having no problems whatsoever on the 30mg and I'm still going on the same dose.

I can't wait for the hyperpigmentation to completely fade away! :)

#47 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:34 AM

If you girls want something good to clean your makeup brushes with, try Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Soap! OMG wub.png I just cleaned my brushes with it for the first time, and I have NEVER seen my brushes so clean! cheer.gif

#48 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:29 AM

I've heard BareMinerals breaks people out! Because of the bismuth whatevs!

Do you have any other suggestions? Preferably more high-end, rather than drugstore?

what makeup did you end up using?

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#49 Sankofa1

Sankofa1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:36 AM

skin79 bb cream is really good and great coverage but I don't know your skin tone...

#50 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:00 AM

I just bought one from L'oreal only because L'oreal is my fav drugstore brand and I needed one at the moment to set my foundation as my other one ran out and I didn't have time to get to a Sephora and wanted to do research before I bought an expensive powder. I don't recommend this one or anything, I just bought it to use in the mean time.

I'm going to order this one from BECCA:

http://www.sephora.c..._requestid=2491#  

The description claims it can be used on sensitive and acne-prone skin. Then I'll just use the L'oreal one for touch-ups throughout the day.

skin79 bb cream is really good and great coverage but I don't know your skin tone...

I've heard good things about that BB cream! I have light skin with a yellow undertone! What do you think about Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream in comparison?

#51 Sankofa1

Sankofa1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:51 AM

I never used Liole..I know the girl from the youtube Accutane journey I forgot her name starts with an R uses that...but she uses a whole bunch of stuff too...

#52 Guest_GetMeTheResults_*

Guest_GetMeTheResults_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:02 PM

I just bought one from L'oreal only because L'oreal is my fav drugstore brand and I needed one at the moment to set my foundation as my other one ran out and I didn't have time to get to a Sephora and wanted to do research before I bought an expensive powder. I don't recommend this one or anything, I just bought it to use in the mean time.

I'm going to order this one from BECCA:

http://www.sephora.c..._requestid=2491#  

The description claims it can be used on sensitive and acne-prone skin. Then I'll just use the L'oreal one for touch-ups throughout the day.

I've heard good things about that BB cream! I have light skin with a yellow undertone! What do you think about Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream in comparison?
We have the same skin tone, and I noticed they don't have light beige with yellow undertone haha. I guess we are out of luck!!! Wtf our shade is always out of stock.

Lioele's BB cream seems to have a more natural color with a yellow undertone from what I've read from the reviews so I would go with that one

Edited by GetMeTheResults, 23 August 2014 - 10:03 PM.

#53 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:24 PM

Awesome! Thanks guys!

And I know, it was in stock the other day when I was just looking at it! Then I went to order it like the next day, and it was out of stock. I ordered the shade one up in Nude. If it's a bit dark, thats okay.. I'll just go easy on the bronzer.

I think I'm gonna go ahead and order the Lioele one :) !!

#54 Tyrionlannister

Tyrionlannister

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:50 PM

hey hello accutane. I'm 5 months into my treatment. just so you know, I've done MDMA, multiple times, LSD, mushrooms, weed every single day, ketamine, and some coke here and there. Haven't had any ill effects at all. i have stayed away from alcohol though.

it really only matters to stay away from alcohol on accutane because its so taxing on your liver. the fact you did MDMA once doesn't matter, you're fine. cheers!

#55 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:45 AM

That's good to hear! That makes me feel better!

Thanks! :)

I think mdma is hard on your liver too. I would stay away from it for the rest of your course.

Luckily, I haven't had any alcohol except like 2 sips of champagne and 2 sips of low-alcohol beer.

#56 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:54 PM

I got my period last night and I HAVE NO PIMPLES ON MY FACE. Just a couple of really small ones dying off, but that's it. Usually at this time, I would have like 10.

It's a miracle.

#57 Guest_GetMeTheResults_*

Guest_GetMeTheResults_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:00 PM

Oh, you had the "hormonal" acne? Did you take BCP for it before you got on Accutane?
I used to just get breakouts all the time lol, my period was not a factor at all!!!
It would have been nice to be able to predict a bad skin day though..

Drugs are bad, mkayyyyy :) (regarding your previous post)

Edited by GetMeTheResults, 05 September 2014 - 09:01 PM.

#58 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:27 PM

I had acne constantly, all the time. It just got worse during my period.

I did use Diane-35 for 6 months. It actually works really well, BUT I would need to stay on it for years.

And in regards to drugs, I know. Trust me. :P

Day 110: 40 mg

So I'm officially up to 40 mg :) I've been taking it for a few days now. Things could not be going better. I'm so happy I decided to go on Accutane. My skin is clearing up wonderfully, red marks are fading, my hair is literally clean and amazing all the time, my lips are somehow pouty and fuller, and I'm just so happy.

I absolutely love Accutane. :D :D :D :D

#59 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:41 PM

Does anyone else have serious issues with food? Like psychologically I mean. When I was younger, I used to think everything I ate would make me fat.. Now I feel like everything I eat will make me break out and I'm just like cxhskf9e47twihsfslkdnalkfhw%#)$uqrhdfSDFNDXVJXCZMNDSK!

#60 Guest_GetMeTheResults_*

Guest_GetMeTheResults_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:30 AM

I love accutane too, I wish they made a pill that you can take for the rest of your life with no side effects. It makes me so sad we haven't found a cure when so many people suffer from acne- be it mild or severe.

I actually enjoy my food now more, because I know I can rely on accutane. Nothing has really changed actually in my diet, I still eat healthy because I've been that way almost all my life, but taking accutane is such a psychological relief... I don't have to think about every little potential threat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users