Photo

115 Lb, 22 Year Old Female On Accutane For The 1St Time!

accutane acne scarring hyperpigmentation low-dose long-term

124 replies to this topic

#21 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:56 PM

Thank you Mandy! :) I came on here before to be like "I'm going for my blood test! Wish me luck!!" And then saw your comment, and felt like luck was on my side :)

Hopefully everything's good!! My dermatologist should contact me within a few days, so I'll let you guys know what she says.

#22 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:46 PM

So.... I think I'm getting a yeast infection. I'm pretty sure it's because of the Accutane because I haven't had one in forever. Also because I eat super healthy for the most part and avoid sugar. It really sucks that I barely have dry skin but I'm getting these more serious side effects.

I took a lukewarm/cool bath with epsom salts to help. I'm gonna go crazy with probiotics and hope for the best! 

Edited by Hello Accutane, 11 July 2014 - 07:55 PM.

#23 Guest_GetMeTheResults_*

Guest_GetMeTheResults_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

Try organic yogurt with live cultures and enzymes, read the back label which must state at least 3-4 cultures...

Also, have vitamin C to get rid of the infection faster and naturally.

Drink a lot of fluids too...

<3

Edited by GetMeTheResults, 13 July 2014 - 11:25 AM.

#24 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:04 PM

Thank you so much!!!! I actually eat homemade yogurt that my mom makes, but she doesn't use organic milk or anything. So I think I'm gonna pick up some organic yogurt too.

And Vitamin C is a good idea! Definitely gonna bump that up along with fluids!

#25 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:53 AM

I'm pretty sure Vitamin E supplements break me out - is this even possible?

#26 Guest_GetMeTheResults_*

Guest_GetMeTheResults_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:15 AM

I'm pretty sure Vitamin E supplements break me out - is this even possible?

Do u ingest them or do u break the capsule to apply the vitamin?

If you take them orally it should help you out, keep taking them.

I wouldn't apply it on my skin though

#27 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:32 AM

I take them orally, I don't think I could apply it on my face without getting 100 new pimples.

#28 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:54 AM

DAY 56:

Sooooooooooo.. It's almost been 2 months!! New things to report. My derm called me back regarding my liver enzymes and said they went back down to normal, so I could continue with 20mg a day. However, I haven't exactly been taking that. I haven't been feeling the greatest and it just kinda scares me putting more of this in my body feeling like this. Started experiencing aches and pains throughout my back, mostly upper back, lower back, shoulders and neck. Sometimes even like my upper arms. My friends and I went to see a movie last night, and it was almost unbearable sitting in that seat for 2 hours with the back pain. My yeast infection has been okay, but it's still there. It's going away, but really slowly. I feel like the Accutane is really messing with my body. :( For the past few days, I've had this pain like in my abdomen area, on the right side only, like above my hip bone. The last few days, it would sort of come and go, but last night I went to sleep with the pain, then woke up today with the pain, and it has persisted all day. Still hurts as I type this. This is pretty worrisome to me because I don't want anything to happen to my colon or something, because I could not live with this pain for the rest of my life. :| So I didn't take any Accutane today. I know I'm probably doing this so wrong, but I take 20mg's some days, only 10mg's other days and sometimes none at all. I just listen to my body, and do what feels right. I also don't take them at the same time everyday - are we supposed to be?

As far as my skin goes, I'm still getting pimples. Mostly whiteheads.. But only a few at a time. Like I'll have about 4 on my face, then as those disappear, I'll get a few more to replace them. And that's just how it goes. Besides the few whiteheads, my skin is super smooth. Like I went from having 70+ pimples on my face, to 4!!! Which is amazing. I'm so happy about that. But I'm just worried about what's going on inside my body. 

:( :( :( :( URGHHHHHHHHHH

#29 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:11 AM

Stop the accutane for a few days and see if the pain goes away.  Joint and back pain is typical but nothing should be described as unbearable so.....

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#30 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:13 PM

I didn't take any yesterday. I may take 10mg today.. Not sure yet. I'm mostly worried about the pain in my abdomen. It has subsided a lot today. I can still feel it, but it's very faint. I'm gonna sort of monitor to see if it worsens when I take my pills. As for my back, I have mild scoliosis which causes my back to hurt anyways, so that doubled up with the Accutane is the result of the back pain. Which is also feeling better today. I just can't sit in the same place for too long!

#31 Mandycandy

Mandycandy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:16 PM

Oh no sorry about the pain!! I don't think that's normal, you should probably call your Dr. :(

#32 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

I'm gonna let her know at my appointment next week. Hope everything's okay!!!!

#33 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

To be honest, I don't know if the pain is coming from my hip bone, or from my abdomen around that area. As weird as that sounds. Could it possibly be coming from my hip bone?

#34 Mandycandy

Mandycandy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

Maybe its just joint pain. Has it let up any?

#35 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:35 AM

I think it might be. I couldn't really tell when the pain was really bad, but as it decreased the pain was more localized and felt like it was coming from the bone. Soooo weird. It's completely gone now after not taking any Accutane for 2 days. I only took 10mg today and so far so good. I'll keep you guys posted on whether or not it comes back!

#36 Guest_GetMeTheResults_*

Guest_GetMeTheResults_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:26 AM

I feel like every person who is experiencing some kind of pain and is psychologically worried about his/her health should definitely reduce the dosage to something that can be easily maintained stress and pain free. So what it'll take longer time..

Stay strong <3

#37 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:17 PM

Thanks girl!

After taking 2 days off, I took 10mg the following day, then 20 after that, and 20 today. No pain! :)

It's so nice to have people who understand what I'm going through. <3 <3

#38 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

DAY 65:

Things are going good!! No breakouts on my forehead, suuuuuuuper smooth. Still have the scarring and hyperpigmentation but no acne! It's unbelievable. Still have some breakouts on my cheeks but they're not so bad. I'm so happy with how my skin is progressing!

Last night was the first time I really felt my lips get dry. I put Aquaphor on them before bed, and they were just fine this morning. My face isn't even all that dry either. I use Organic Argan Oil at night to moisturize my face and I think that helps a lot. No flaking! However, I am losing a bit more hair than usual. The good thing is that I have a TON of hair on my head so I don't think it will make a big difference.

Anyways, that's all for now smile.png

Edited by Hello Accutane, 25 July 2014 - 08:48 PM.

#39 Hello Accutane

Hello Accutane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:07 AM

Accutane is magic.

Day 72, Up to 30 mg :)

#40 Guest_GetMeTheResults_*

Guest_GetMeTheResults_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes