Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Are There So Many More Salicylic Acid Acne Products Over Bp Products In Stores?

6 posts in this topic

I feel like literally everything at drugstores, sephora, ulta, make up counters, etc. all use Salicylic Acid in their "acne fighting" products. I've seriously never found anything in Sephora that uses BP. I don't understand because SA has never done much for my face except really dry it out. I find BP to be WAY more effective at fighting zits and it can also be drying but personally never as drying as SA for me. I can only find a handful of BP products at drugstores whereas there are a TON of SA face washes and treatments and what not. It's really annoying and odd to me. I wonder if these companies know how superior BP is and they just continue using SA to give ppl limited results in hopes that they buy more of their products to do a job that simple BP could do. IDK it's strange to me.

Skin has been terrible since stopping Ortho Tri Cyclen birth control (breaking out constantly since Nov 2014). Hoping to start Accutane Fall of 2015.

Umm even if you do an internet search there isn't NEARLY as many options and that still doesn't make sense why they wouldn't sell BP products in stores.

I hate salicylic acid just so frustrating to see it in everything.

Skin has been terrible since stopping Ortho Tri Cyclen birth control (breaking out constantly since Nov 2014). Hoping to start Accutane Fall of 2015.

Acne bacteria grows reistent to BP, but not salicylic. Salicylic aids sloughing, BP only dries the skin, which can compound the issue.

• Clear Skin and Anxiety Maintenance Routine:
  • Supplements: Shi wei Bei Du Tang (powder by Sun Ten) and the Zhen Zhu An Chuang Pan (tablets by Guang Ci Tang) both for acne+ other Chinese mood stabilizers.
  • 20,000IU+ of Vitamin D/day (+ antioxidants and multi with minerals)
  • Diet: Ultra Meal and Orac Energy Greens shakes- no meat, coffee, dairy, gluten or alcohol
  • Topical: crysanthemum and MSM baths and cleansing with Proactiv Deep and Kavi Coral on Konjac sponge to exfoliate, and Jason Aloe and Tea Tree and Hyaluronic Acid to heal and hydrate.
  • Lifestyle: 8 hrs sleep, light exercise only, >1hr sun exposure daily, no fluoride toothpastes, no sulfate shampoos, clean shower/pillowcase.

Acne bacteria grows reistent to BP, but not salicylic. Salicylic aids sloughing, BP only dries the skin, which can compound the issue.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

GreenGables