#101 kirks

kirks

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:43 PM

Happy Christmas everyone!

Unfortunately I have all these spots popping up along my chin/jawline...what is going on?!?! I am freaking out. There is a huge cyst that is super visible on my chin, just below my mouth. UGH. And I feel tiny ones on the other side along with the bigger cysts underneath my jaw.

No idea why this is happening, and it is starting to freak me out. Why?! I have been eating healthy and exercising regularly along with taking my meds and vitamins. Just a mess right now :/

#102 shadylee

shadylee

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:30 PM

Hi kirks,

Hope you had a great Christmas, and hope you have a great New Years!  Sorry to hear you're breaking out.  Unfortunately I am too.  My face is a disgusting mess.  I just got back from getting shots, so hopefully it will calm down, but I seem to be back to getting something new every day :(..Its so annoying and draining!

I hope you're doing better..Hoping for clear skin for us in 2015!

#103 Valerie44

Valerie44

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with my family and wonderful husband. I also enjoy going to the movies, working out, shopping, and anything to do with beauty. Plz feel free to add me as a friend, would love to chat with people who are going thru the same acne issues as me.

Achievements

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:57 PM

Shadylee im going thru the same thing! Scheduled to get some shots on Wednesday! Wednesday cant get here fast enough sad.png I got bumped to 100mg so im wondering how long the break outs usually last? Does anyone know?

Edited by Valerie44, 29 December 2014 - 04:58 PM.

MORNING

Wash face with Skinceuticals Simply Clean
Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Moisturizer
Take Minocycline 100mg (when needed)

NIGHT
Take Spironolactone 50 mg
Apply Aczone 5%
Retin-A .1% (waits 20 to 30 mins before applying)

MAKEUP

Origins Silk Screen Powder in Light Spice from Macys

Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Foundation
Lancôme Blush in Shimmery Pink Pool
Origins Lipstick in Buttercup
BareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara in Black
Sephora Contour Eye Pencil Water Proof in Black Lace

#104 shadylee

shadylee

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:29 PM

I wish I knew Val, bc this is pure torture!  I got my shots today, but not even happy about it.  I have this cyst that keeps refilling, its starting and it wasn't big enough to shoot today.  I also feel a new lump growing..this sucks! 

The derm I like going for my shots are closing from Wed. to Sunday.  I got an appointment with my other derm for Friday.  He kind of sucks with shots but its better than nothing.  I'm going away on Monday and i'm praying my skin will at least be "ok". 

I have been on spiro for almost 4 months, I thought my skin wld be better than this.  My skin was actually better in 2nd month that it is now.  I'm back to getting a new spot everyday, its so frustrating! 

I just know i'm gonna have a whopper on my face for new years.  I'm praying the cyst doesn't get too huge, I have no idea how I will last to Friday.

I keep waiting for that magical day where the breakouts get less and less, and then go away...

#105 Valerie44

Valerie44

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with my family and wonderful husband. I also enjoy going to the movies, working out, shopping, and anything to do with beauty. Plz feel free to add me as a friend, would love to chat with people who are going thru the same acne issues as me.

Achievements

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:24 PM

Its so weird because I was soooo clear on 50mg  but it took me 6 full months before it cleared me,  I was clear for 4 months then all of a sudden I started getting cysts again so I was bumped to 75mg, then after 2 weeks of being on that my derm bumped me to 100mgs, im beyond frustrated with all this and all right around the holidays grrrrrr lol,........... Hopefully we will all be clear for 2015 !!!!

MORNING

NIGHT
Apply Aczone 5%

MAKEUP

#106 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:33 PM

Its so weird because I was soooo clear on 50mg  but it took me 6 full months before it cleared me,  I was clear for 4 months then all of a sudden I started getting cysts again so I was bumped to 75mg, then after 2 weeks of being on that my derm bumped me to 100mgs, im beyond frustrated with all this and all right around the holidays grrrrrr lol,........... Hopefully we will all be clear for 2015 !!!!

I could never stay clear on Retin A, which you are on.

In some people retinoids harm rather than help. The exact mechanism of Retin A can actually cause clogs deep in the skin that wouldn't happen if you were off it completely. 

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#107 Valerie44

Valerie44

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:57 PM

Would the retin-a still cause clogged pores if it was in gel form? Ive been using retin-a .1% gel

Edited by Valerie44, 01 January 2015 - 06:34 PM.

MORNING

NIGHT
Apply Aczone 5%

MAKEUP

#108 kirks

kirks

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:19 AM

HI all,

I have a triangle of cysts in my chin/cheek area. One on my lower left chin (left jawline too) then one on my right chin and one above my right lip and one on my right cheek. WHAT IS UP WITH THIS?!?!

Why am I breaking out??? Right on New Years too. I wake up with the same feeling of dread now and want to cry. I see my derm on Saturday (I hate my derm). But hopefully will get shots and ask to go back on keflex. I think I was taken off too soon. Ugh, I feel and look hideous. What a sh!t way to enter into the new year. 

#109 shadylee

shadylee

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:19 AM

Hi Kirks,

If it makes you feel any better I'm feeling the exact same way.  The last 4 weeks have basically sucked.  I keep breaking out.  Its once again an everyday occurrence.  They aren't always cysts, but it is just so annoying and draining.

Right now I have underground cyst that's driving me crazy.  Its not red thank god, its below the surface.  Its like pea size and has a tinge of hurt, like its going to pop out any second.  I also have a small cyst next to my nose, its so freakin red.  I also have an array of red dots from smaller pimples healing.  I feel so gross, just like you having the feeling of dread.

I have an appointment tomorrow for shots with a derm I cant stand, but he's the only one working.  My other derm's office is closed til Monday and I'm going away early Monday morning.  So my only hope is this guy who totally sucks.  He never seems to do shots right, he sometimes actually misses the cyst, its so ridiculous.  Tomorrow I'm going to make sure he freakin does it right.  No way do I want to go away with this thing next to my nose.  I have no idea what I'm going to do about the underground cyst.  If I trusted him, I'd let him shoot it, but jeez he misses ones that are protruding, so don't have much faith he'll get an underground one.  I don't want him to aggravate it.  Uggghhh I even get anxiety and feeling of dread getting shots...Hate this sh**t so much!

Just like you I'm wondering why am I breaking out??  A few weeks ago I had clearing for 4 weeks, and now I'm back to this.  WTF??  I'm almost 4 months in, I know they say it can take 6 months to a year, but jeez was hoping I'd see some improvement by now.  I remember when I started I kept saying to myself I cant wait til the new year, by then I should be doing better.  No such luck.

Hoping you're feeling better, and know you are not alone!!

Come on 2015, give us clear skin!!

#110 Valerie44

Valerie44

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:34 PM

Omg Im also breaking out with cysts all over my jawline and around my mouth, I went to see my derm yesterday and he gave me cortisone shots, literally stuck me about 15 times, this is crazy! I was a bloody mess sad.png  Come on Spiro plz kick in soon I cant take much more of this!!

Edited by Valerie44, 01 January 2015 - 06:35 PM.

MORNING

NIGHT
Apply Aczone 5%

MAKEUP

#111 kirks

kirks

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted Yesterday, 10:36 AM

Well, I am still on spiro. I am breaking out like crazy right now. I am on my second day of my period--maybe that is why? There is a small cluster of pimples on my forehead/eyebrow area, and I don't know why they won't go away. Also, my nose/mouth region has gotten bad, and I feel cysts emerging on my neck/jawline. I am gonna try to clean-up my diet and get more fresh air. It is hard in winter here because the weather is just awful and always so cold. On the positive, I still use fincea, and I think some of my scarring has cleared up. Red marks just stay FOREVER on my skin, so even when they are 'flat', it is frustrating because the marks are still visible. Also, my blackheads are still bad. Ugh, I want to wake up and be happy with my skin! 

How are you doing Valerie??

I should add, this is about eight months on spiro. I thought my skin would be better by now :/ I am worried.  

Edited by kirks, Yesterday, 10:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users