Honey is incredible for your skin thanks to its antibacterial properties and hefty serving of skin-saving antioxidants. Whether you're looking for an inexpensive DIY solution or a powerful skin treatment, raw honey can help you regain your glow. Also honey is superb for healing burns and small cuts. It's also a humectant, which means it helps keep your skin moisturized. Because of all of these amazing qualities, honey is thought to treat acne as well.
What benefits can honey have on your skin?
- Honey removes dirt and impurities without stripping the skin of natural oils. Foaming cleansers and soaps frequently strip the skin of these protective oils and cause the skin to overproduce oil.
- Honey is clarifying because it opens up pores making them easy to unclog.
- It is so gentle and nurturing to the skin, it is ideal for very sensitive skin, rosacea, and eczema.
- It works well on all skin types. It is extremely moisturizing and soothing, so it helps create a glow
- As far as excellent facial cleansers go, it is much cheaper than store bought options!
- Although any raw honey works excellently, manuka honey boasts superior antibacterial and healing properties. It is recommended for acne-prone skin.
Because it is both moisturizing and antibacterial, honey could potentially be great for people who have drier or dehydrated acne prone skin as an alternative to other antimicrobial treatments. But as always, patch test on unbroken skin first!! and if you have any allergy, especially a contact allergy, to any flowering plants, you should probably avoid honey from those plants.