acne dehydrated spironolactone hormonal

1 reply to this topic

#1 salmonsoup

salmonsoup

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:30 AM

Hi All! Just after some advice re Spiro. I started on 50 mg for 1 month, went up to 100 mg then up to 150 mg at the 4 month mark. Almost overnight, my skin went from an oily shiny mess to (what feels like) a prune! I feel SO extremely dry and dehydrated and have so from the start. I drink atleast 3 litres of plain water a day, along with either peppermint or camomile tea. Absolutely NO caffeine and one or two wines a month maybe. My lips are always dry and flakey. Although I never get dizzy, nausea or light headed, i have been a little more anxious lately. Ive also been using tretinoin for the past 6 months, maybe this is contributing to dry skin?
Anyway, my skin broke out consistently and horribly up until I hit the 4 month mark (pretty much to the exact date) which is coincidentally when I increased dosage from 100 to 150 mg.
Has anyone else experienced extreme dehydration on Spiro, regardless of dosage?

#2 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

Hi All! Just after some advice re Spiro. I started on 50 mg for 1 month, went up to 100 mg then up to 150 mg at the 4 month mark. Almost overnight, my skin went from an oily shiny mess to (what feels like) a prune! I feel SO extremely dry and dehydrated and have so from the start. I drink atleast 3 litres of plain water a day, along with either peppermint or camomile tea. Absolutely NO caffeine and one or two wines a month maybe. My lips are always dry and flakey. Although I never get dizzy, nausea or light headed, i have been a little more anxious lately. Ive also been using tretinoin for the past 6 months, maybe this is contributing to dry skin?
Anyway, my skin broke out consistently and horribly up until I hit the 4 month mark (pretty much to the exact date) which is coincidentally when I increased dosage from 100 to 150 mg.
Has anyone else experienced extreme dehydration on Spiro, regardless of dosage?

Yes spiro is a diuretic and therefore dehydrating.

150mg is the maximum dose and most doctors won't even prescribe that dosage unless you have severe PCOS. 4 months is too early to justify taking what I see as the "last resort" dosage of spiro. Most people clear on 75mg-100mg. If you're feeling THAT dehydrated this dosage is probably not healthy for you.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users