3 replies to this topic

#1 CatsCatsAndMoreCats

CatsCatsAndMoreCats

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:44 PM

Hi all,

I've started on Differin 0.1% tonight, predominantly for hyper-pigmentation from acne that disappeared a few years ago. I only get one or two spots nowadays.

Anyway, I've read so much on here about the first 8 weeks making your skin absolutely terrible. I'm going away with friends in 8 weeks, I'm terrified of what this cream might do to my skin! Should I stop using it?

Thanks!

#2 CWR24

CWR24

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me
  • Interests:Not acne

Achievements

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

My face always got destroyed on Differin. Now I also had a lot of current breakouts when I used it so you might be good if you dont breakout much anymore. 

#3 Sky13

Sky13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

The same happened to me as the above poster my face was destroyed and its taken me 8 months to sort it out. I honestly wouldnt risk it just for the odd spot or two.

#4 GetMeTheResults

GetMeTheResults

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

I used differin at night and duac in the am+day for 8-9 years. I used the stronger % of the gel, not the cream, because my skin was oily.

I really liked that combo, it worked for me well. At first, your skin always gets worse. Eventually, after 3 months or so it will get better. It's not going to happen overnight though.  If you don't have success with it switch to a stronger topical, like tazorac.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users