Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CatsCatsAndMoreCats

Differin - Terrified!

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've started on Differin 0.1% tonight, predominantly for hyper-pigmentation from acne that disappeared a few years ago. I only get one or two spots nowadays.

Anyway, I've read so much on here about the first 8 weeks making your skin absolutely terrible. I'm going away with friends in 8 weeks, I'm terrified of what this cream might do to my skin! Should I stop using it?

Thanks!

My face always got destroyed on Differin. Now I also had a lot of current breakouts when I used it so you might be good if you dont breakout much anymore.

Absorica Aug 2013 -Feb2014

Claravis March 211 - July 2011

The same happened to me as the above poster my face was destroyed and its taken me 8 months to sort it out. I honestly wouldnt risk it just for the odd spot or two.

Currently Using: First Aid Beauty Deep Cleanser, First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Liquid Recovery, Paulas Choice 2.5% BP, Olay Sensitive Beauty Fluid.

Extras: Paulas Choice 10% AHA & Paulas Choice 2% BHA.

Failed: Duac, Differin, Bactrim, Tetracycline, Doxycycline.

Acne status: Clear on chin and forehead except for pigmentation. Working on closed comedones around nose, top lip, upper cheeks and overall skin texture.

I used differin at night and duac in the am+day for 8-9 years. I used the stronger % of the gel, not the cream, because my skin was oily.

I really liked that combo, it worked for me well. At first, your skin always gets worse. Eventually, after 3 months or so it will get better. It's not going to happen overnight though. If you don't have success with it switch to a stronger topical, like tazorac.