#1 scco

scco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:35 AM

Hi everyone,

I've been on accutane for 4 months and it cleared up my acne but left me with terrible skin texture, redness all over my face and hyperpigmentation on my forehead. My dermatologist suggested using effeclar duo plus 2 times/day and I have to say that I'm super happy with the results. 

I just wanted to share my experience, maybe it can help someone who's having the same problem 

Have a nice day!

*pictures remove for privacy reasons*

Edited by scco, 27 June 2014 - 10:09 AM.

"It was my decision to get clean, I did it for me. Admittedly, I probably did it subliminally for you, so I could come back a brand new me you helped see me through, and don't even realize what you did, 'cause believe me you" - Eminem (funny how this whole thing can be linked to acne)

#2 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

wow you look really good and your skin is amazing!! thanks for sharing your pics!

#3 Avada Kedavra Acne

Avada Kedavra Acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

Hi everyone,

I've been on accutane for 4 months and it cleared up my acne but left me with terrible skin texture, redness all over my face and hyperpigmentation on my forehead. My dermatologist suggested using effeclar duo plus 2 times/day and I have to say that I'm super happy with the results. The first picture was taken 3 weeks after finishing accutane, the second and third one were taken 1 month later (today). Other than that I've used boreade soothing repair creme to fix dryness/wrinkly skin for 6 weeks (2 times/day), but I quit using it since it has done it's job already.

I just wanted to share my experience, maybe it can help someone who's having the same problem smile.png

Have a nice day!

You're winning the hair game by far 

"Pass the marmalade"          - Hermione Granger

#4 scco

scco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

I'm getting it cut in 2 days, it's 4"/10cm on top and I constantly look like I've been walking through a storm :D

"It was my decision to get clean, I did it for me. Admittedly, I probably did it subliminally for you, so I could come back a brand new me you helped see me through, and don't even realize what you did, 'cause believe me you" - Eminem (funny how this whole thing can be linked to acne)

#5 LeadingForce

LeadingForce

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

are you wearing makeup ? lol

#6 scco

scco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:06 PM

are you wearing makeup ? lol

No, I just had a little tan in the first picture. 

tbh I did consider using a bb creme for a moment, i got a free sample, but I didn't like it and things were improving rapidly so I just dropped the idea.

#7 Rolf

Rolf

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:02 AM

Do you think I could use this while being still on Accutane? I've got pretty bad red marks on my cheek and they don't really seem to fade.

#8 Pwre

Pwre

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:03 AM

Ordered the la Roche effeclar duo. Can't find the other product in UK at a acceptable price.. Would you say that the duo was the main thing that made the redness fade?

#9 scco

scco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:49 AM

Ordered the la Roche effeclar duo. Can't find the other product in UK at a acceptable price.. Would you say that the duo was the main thing that made the redness fade?

I think so, I used duo plus btw (it's slightly more effective).

I also did other things but most people already know about these:

-sleeping 8-10 hours each night

-running for 30 minutes, 3 times/week (sweating out toxins)

-after I wake up:50 push-ups, 50 sit-ups, 50 squats (same reason as running, make sure to wash your face after sweating!)

-drinking 2.5 liters of water every day

-I use boreade noviderm 2 times/day to wash my face (it keeps my face clean, but it's a non-aggresive product so it won't get rid of existing acne)

- trying to avoid sugar/fastfood/milk (I said trying because I failed at times)

-gentle scrub with a clean washcloth in the shower 2 times/week

-washing my hands frequently since i can't stop touching my face

-taking zinc tablets

All of these will have helped my skin, but the duo creme did most I think, for once something acted as described on the package :D

#10 Pwre

Pwre

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:54 AM

I think so, I used duo plus btw (it's slightly more effective).
I also did other things but most people already know about these:
-sleeping 8-10 hours each night
-running for 30 minutes, 3 times/week (sweating out toxins)
-after I wake up:50 push-ups, 50 sit-ups, 50 squats (same reason as running, make sure to wash your face after sweating!)
-drinking 2.5 liters of water every day
-I use boreade noviderm 2 times/day to wash my face (it keeps my face clean, but it's a non-aggresive product so it won't get rid of existing acne)
- trying to avoid sugar/fastfood/milk (I said trying because I failed at times)
-gentle scrub with a clean washcloth in the shower 2 times/week
-washing my hands frequently since i can't stop touching my face
-taking zinc tablets

All of these will have helped my skin, but the duo creme did most I think, for once something acted as described on the package :D
Awesome! I ordered the + one so that's cool, I'm using epsom salt as a wash which seems to be keeping any new spots at bay.

I've recently taken up running, nike+ app is a good motivator. 30mi so far! Plus I try get atleast 2ltr water.

Like you I've also cut sugar and general crappy food and am also taking multivitamins (b5, zinc, few others).

Hopefully with the aid of this duo+ cream I'll be able to get rid of these leftover red marks too! Thanks for sharing your routine, gives me hope that I'm going in the right direction.

- do you moisturiser btw? Or does the duo+ act as one aswell? Because I've not got any.. Binned my other ones cause they were causing more trouble than good.

Edited by Pwre, 26 June 2014 - 08:57 AM.

#11 scco

scco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:26 AM

- do you moisturiser btw? Or does the duo+ act as one aswell? Because I've not got any.. Binned my other ones cause they were causing more trouble than good.

It moisturizes a bit, not as much as a dedicated moisturizer, but for me it's enough.

#12 Pwre

Pwre

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

It moisturizes a bit, not as much as a dedicated moisturizer, but for me it's enough.

Ok I'll wait till it arrives and see how it fairs, if not is there any you would recommend? Plus do you use an SPF sun cream cause I've read too much sun will only cause them to get worse.

#13 scco

scco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

Ok I'll wait till it arrives and see how it fairs, if not is there any you would recommend? Plus do you use an SPF sun cream cause I've read too much sun will only cause them to get worse.

Yeah wear sunscreen, even if it isn't sunny. The first picture was taken after sitting in the sun for an hour without protection , not a great idea as you can see :D

I use the Anthelios AC spf30 sunscreen, it's also by la roche posay, and non-comedgonic.

Edited by scco, 26 June 2014 - 11:10 AM.

#14 Pwre

Pwre

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:38 AM

Yeah wear sunscreen, even if it isn't sunny. The first picture was taken after sitting in the sun for an hour without protection , not a great idea as you can see :D
I use the Anthelios AC spf30 sunscreen, it's also by la roche posay, and non-comedgonic.
Ok, thanks for the product! I'll be sure to get that sometime soon :) thanks for the help.

- could I get the full name of that please! Seems to be a few variations.

Edited by Pwre, 26 June 2014 - 11:40 AM.

#15 scco

scco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:55 AM

I use this one: http://www.laroche-p...HINE-p9871.aspx

Edited by scco, 26 June 2014 - 11:57 AM.

#16 Pwre

Pwre

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

Yeah wear sunscreen, even if it isn't sunny. The first picture was taken after sitting in the sun for an hour without protection , not a great idea as you can see biggrin.png
Ok, thanks for the product! I'll be sure to get that sometime soon smile.png thanks for the help.
I use this one: http://www.laroche-p...PF30-p6739.aspx

Ok cool! Last question sorry haha, would it be suitable for a darker of skin? Because some sun creams leave that white residue which can look ridiculous on a tanned complexion. Thanks :)

#17 scco

scco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:59 AM

Ok cool! Last question sorry haha, would it be suitable for a darker of skin? Because some sun creams leave that white residue which can look ridiculous on a tanned complexion. Thanks smile.png

I'm not entirely sure since I have really pale skin, but it seems to blend in nicely for me without residue.

#18 Pwre

Pwre

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:00 PM

Ok cool! Last question sorry haha, would it be suitable for a darker of skin? Because some sun creams leave that white residue which can look ridiculous on a tanned complexion. Thanks smile.png

I'm not entirely sure since I have really pale skin, but it seems to blend in nicely for me without residue.

Ok thanks, I'll do some reading about! Appreciate all the help. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

#19 scco

scco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:48 PM

I finally got it cut ;) http://imgur.com/a/UpYgB

#20 Avada Kedavra Acne

Avada Kedavra Acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:21 PM

I finally got it cut wink.png http://imgur.com/a/UpYgB

It looks freaking awesome! You pull off that hairstyle very well. What do you do to style it? Like products and whatnot- 

"Pass the marmalade"          - Hermione Granger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users