Photo

Do You Need To Apply Moisturizer Before Makeup?

moisturizer makeup

3 replies to this topic

#1 MelOuttaMegacity

MelOuttaMegacity

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

Without makeup i now feel that moisturizer is unnecessary. However I have a lot of scarring still, and fee, I NEED to wear makeup when outside the house.
The problem is skin flakes when I put concealer on, so I've always put moisturizer on to avoid the flaking. Is there anything else that can be done instead of moisturizer? I don't like the greasy feeling of it.
Thanks for any opinions and recommendations!

#2 katie789

katie789

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:32 PM

Do you use a primer? A silicone-based primer can help smooth out the flakes so the makeup goes on smoothly without moisturizer.

You could also try a gel moisturizer instead of a lotion. :)

#3 Guest_GetMeTheResults_*

Guest_GetMeTheResults_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

I had no idea primers existed until recently lol (Ive always been into mineral makeup and such for bad skin)

I recently tried Neutrogena's primer, but honestly my skin still got oily after using it. It claimed to keep you shine free for 8 hours.

Now I have Phillips, which is a liquid laxative, but many people use it for matte finish that lasts.

It's pretty good, you should try it.

#4 highheelsandmakeup

highheelsandmakeup

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:59 AM

Honestly I think moisturizer is pretty important. If anything I notice I get oily faster when I dont moisturize. If you dont like the greasy feeling you can use a mattifying primer before applying your makeup and that helps. Or you could kill two birds with one stone and use a moisturizing primer :P The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the korres greek yogurt primer. I suffer from dry skin in the winter and that primer has always been on my wish list. Its pricey but im sure you could find something similar for less at ulta maybe?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users