Photo

Can Anyone Help Me Diagnose This Type Of Acne? (Bumpy And Oily Skin)

7 replies to this topic

#1 therepublic

therepublic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

So I didn't have this type of acne before I traveled abroad. My skin broke out immediately once I was abroad. I noticed a lot of whiteheads on my forehead. A doctor I saw prescribed my clindamycin and nicotinamide gel, which helped clear the whiteheads but left me with bumpy and oily skin.

My cheeks appear to have enlarged pores. My forehead and cheeks also look bumpy. And I get super oily 1-2 hr after cleansing my face.

I use an Aveeno exofoliant (in the morning), Cetaphil cleanser (morning and evening), and moisturizer (after cleansing).

I would really appreciate a reply as I'm having trouble deciding what to do.

Attached Files

#2 therepublic

therepublic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

Anyone?

#3 Met92

Met92

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

I did a similar post a few days ago. I would like to know about that too, it's a similar situation.

#4 happinesslove

happinesslove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:13 PM

It might be pityrosporum folliculitis. Try washing your face with head and shoulders shampoo and applying calamine lotion at night.

#5 therepublic

therepublic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:32 PM

It might be pityrosporum folliculitis. Try washing your face with head and shoulders shampoo and applying calamine lotion at night.

After reading up on this, it does seem to match the symptoms. Topical acne treatment (BP, salicylic, glycolic acid) stopped working a long time ago. My skin has been rather oily as well, which the yeast love I guess.

Can you describe the type of skin you have as well? Is it dry or oily? And how big of an improvement did you see from this method? Thanks for the response!

#6 happinesslove

happinesslove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:39 PM

My skin type is combination sometimes a bit on the dry side so I thought I could never have PF since PF only likes moist skin but like I was so desperate I decided there was nothing to loss.I only wash my face at night with head and shoulders because when I used it twice a day it would make my skin extremely dry which then left some dry patch around my mouth.i saw results in about a week. But what cleared my acne in a few days was the calamine lotion which is very cheap and you can buy it at any store.calamine lotion also is a bit drying but i only apply it at night wait for it to dry then go to sleep in the morning i see abit of results.but like your skin is oily i think you can wash your face with head and shoulders twice and apply calamine lotion at night DO NOT use any other products while your doing this and try not to moisturizer the breakouts since PF loves moist.If you have anymore question just ask lol

#7 therepublic

therepublic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:10 AM

My skin type is combination sometimes a bit on the dry side so I thought I could never have PF since PF only likes moist skin but like I was so desperate I decided there was nothing to loss.I only wash my face at night with head and shoulders because when I used it twice a day it would make my skin extremely dry which then left some dry patch around my mouth.i saw results in about a week. But what cleared my acne in a few days was the calamine lotion which is very cheap and you can buy it at any store.calamine lotion also is a bit drying but i only apply it at night wait for it to dry then go to sleep in the morning i see abit of results.but like your skin is oily i think you can wash your face with head and shoulders twice and apply calamine lotion at night DO NOT use any other products while your doing this and try not to moisturizer the breakouts since PF loves moist.If you have anymore question just ask lol

I see. Thanks for being so responsive first of all. What type of head and shoulders are you using? The classic (white bottle) or the special anti-dandruff (which comes in a blue bottle)? And do you not even use a cleanser or exfoliant?

#8 happinesslove

happinesslove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:20 AM

I use the classic head and shoulders that comes in the white bottle IRS called classic clean and the main ingredient is pyrithione zinc. Head and shoulders is considered my cleanser and I exfoliate with organic sugar twice a week but be very gentle because if your to harsh with the scrubbing you could aggravate your condition. The calamine lotion can be used as a mask or a spot treatment and its very effective your pimple can be gone over night or in a couple of days but it wont take more than a week if you have any further questions just ask lol. : )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users