Regarding Chemical Peels On The Body

1 reply to this topic

#1 DylanMin

DylanMin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:43 PM

Hello all, I have some legitimate questions regarding using a chemical peel. So, first off, some background- 18, male, 155 lbs, very active bodybuilder with moderate acne/scars/red marks. I am also a fair skinned Caucasian.

Now, I've ordered a beginner level chemical peel, containing 15% TCA gel and 5% salicylic acid from Amazon, which is meant to be used at home. I'm not concerned about it being on my face, but I have heard a great deal of controversy regarding using chemical peels on the back and chest/neck. Many say the neck is the same as the face, in terms of how the skin will respond to the peel. Is this true of false, and why or why not? Just as well, I wasn't sure whether or not it would be safe to use on my chest and back. On my back, I have some minor cystic pimples and some moderate acne as well as scarring from acne, which I hoped to remove. However, I have heard that the skin on the back is harder to treat, due to it being thicker, thus necessitating a different treatment. I don't want to bleach my skin, or cause scarring or anything, so I was hoping to get some legitimate answers, hopefully which can be sourced/referenced. Lastly, I have moderate acne/scarring on my chest, which I would also hope to treat. So, ultimately, I want to know if I can use this peels, or any peel, on my chest and back, and if so, how. I have been on 10% b.p and 2% salicylic acid for years, and I have also tried prescription medicine, although nothing has worked. I've heard good things about peels for removing scars/minor acne. I hope for thorough answers, and I would definitely appreciate some personal experiences with chest/back peels. Thank you very much! :)

#2 Emily54

Emily54

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

I was watching this thread, but see that no one has responded. I have been doing 30% salicylic acid peels at home (perfect image brand) on my back, shoulders and chest for the last couple months (not on my neck). I have also used it on my face.  I have used BP and SA for years and have skin like a elephant (ie thick and not sensitive). I have found some reduction in red marks, but am still breaking out.  After my first use, I don't even get red with the peel (as I do on my face) and I leave it on way longer than the 5 minutes suggested on the box.  So, that to say, not sure that an SA only peel will do much.  No advice on the TCA.  Hope that helps a bit! Please update if you did decide to use the peel.  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users