Photo

Bb Creme / Coverage For Men (I Have No Idea What I'm Doing)

bb creme men hyperpigmentation red marks

2 replies to this topic

#1 scco

scco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:33 AM

Hi,

so I'm a guy, I've dealt with my active acne but now I'm left with these red hyper pigmentation spots and my skin texture isn't awesome either. I realize that it will take time to heal , so I've decided to put my pride aside and start looking into something that can cover these flaws A BIT. I do not want to do like a full make up routine, I want it to be subtle, I'd hate to have to admit that I'm wearing some kind of make-up.

I started looking into these bb cremes and they seem to do what I need but there are so many of them and I absolutely want one that will not make my acne return. My skin is also sensitive so aggressive products are not an option.

Can anyone give me some recommendations? Will a bb creme able to blur out my red marks a bit?

I'm a total newbie at this, please help.

Thanks

Edited by scco, 20 June 2014 - 04:06 AM.

#2 scco

scco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:17 PM

(accidental duplicate post)

Edited by scco, 20 June 2014 - 04:05 AM.

#3 Turn0ver

Turn0ver

licensed esthetician 2004- acne free today!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:In 30 days, I cured my worst breakout in a 20 yr acne battle with Chinese blood toning herbs. My core routine is Proactiv Deep/KAVI coral sulfur soap, hyaluronic acid/vitamin serum when dry, clay mask/pearl powder when oily, plenty of MSM, Omega 3,6&9, and A-E&K.

Achievements

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:08 PM

Yes, BB will even your tone. Cover Girl has a great one that I've never reacted badly to, and it works as a moisturizer and light foundation, and bonus, makeup protects you from the sun and hyperpigmentation from exposing raw, healing, or BPO-treated skin.  If you're on antibiotics, you're also photosensitive, so you're doing the right thing choosing makeup.

When I'm clear, BB is all I wear. 

You might be excited to learn that Body Shop makes a Tea Tree BB Cream, so you can treat, hydrate and conceal all at once. http://www.thebodysh...e-bb-cream.aspx  

They tend to be a bit darker than the photo of the color on the tube or the plastic placeholder on the shelf, and your face is a different color than your hand. Ask the lady in cosmetics at the Drugstore, or at Ulta or Sephora, what shade would be best for you.  In fact, at Ulta and Sephora, it's part of their job to help you and they can teach you how to apply. 

Namely, make sure you're blending well on your neck or at your chin so it doesn't look like a mask. 

You can also get aloose powder and brush to "set" the BB and reduce shine, and further even your tone, and give a tiny bit more coverage.  BB won't give you all day coverage- if you're oily during the day, or sweat, or work longer than 6 hrs, that powder will keep it on. 

Also, pick up some Clean and Clear oil wipes to blot your t-zone. It works through makeup and will give your BB and/or powder more longevity. 

Clean and Clear facewash and toner will create a nice surface to put the BB on.

Edited by is0late, 02 August 2014 - 10:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users