Photo

Resistance To Doxycycline And Minocycline - Will It Work Again?

antibiotics cystic acne doxycycline minocycline

22 replies to this topic

#21 silverlight22

silverlight22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

I have not tried the regimen. In fact I believe it is the bp that caused my mouth to become so sensitive as i used 10percent when I was 16 and wouldn't moisturise. That's what has damaged my skin in my opinion and gave me this dermatitis thing so I am scared of trying the regimen because it has bp which is known to exacerbate this type of issue. Tbh I don't know how people figure out if their pores are clogged or not.

I came across someone's profile who almost had the same acne as me but after using epiduo he cleared up by like 90percent. His acne was actually twice as bad as mine, just pustules/whiteheads focused around sides of chin around the mouth, under nostrils, crease of nose, around lips and looked inflamed. Just not sure if using these topical products will aggravate it more or clear it up. Epiduo has bp too so I'm confused if it'll make my skin worse or better.

I think I'll try bactrim if nothing works out and if I'm allergic to it then I'll move to keflex. Do u know the dosage I should take on both?

Once I'm off mino, I'll try drinking apple cider vinegar and applying it topically to see if it helps and get good quality probiotics

#22 silverlight22

silverlight22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:07 AM

i took mino twice so the second time i became resistant and after a year on keflex i never became resistant. i would make sure you use a good AHA daily to help keep those pores clear and have you tried the regimen? it probably will work decently for you and that with the AHA (they sell it on this site) should help keep you pretty clear.  

no worries at all regarding the questions i totally get it wink.png

I have not tried the regimen. In fact I believe it is the bp that caused my mouth to become so sensitive as i used 10percent when I was 16 and wouldn't moisturise. That's what has damaged my skin in my opinion and gave me this dermatitis thing so I am scared of trying the regimen because it has bp which is known to exacerbate this type of issue. Tbh I don't know how people figure out if their pores are clogged or not.

I came across someone's profile who almost had the same acne as me but after using epiduo he cleared up by like 90percent. His acne was actually twice as bad as mine, just pustules/whiteheads focused around sides of chin around the mouth, under nostrils, crease of nose, around lips and looked inflamed. Just not sure if using these topical products will aggravate it more or clear it up. Epiduo has bp too so I'm confused if it'll make my skin worse or better.

I think I'll try bactrim if nothing works out and if I'm allergic to it then I'll move to keflex. Do u know the dosage I should take on both?

Once I'm off mino, I'll try drinking apple cider vinegar and applying it topically to see if it helps and get good quality probiotics 

#23 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:44 AM

yeah i can see if you are worried due to the dermatitis thing. i had that last year and it was awful i had to use nizoral to get rid of it and couldnt put anything else on my face for a few months. are you seeing a derm for the dermatitis? you need to get rid of that and then you can start to use other products like retin-a or some type of AHA or even the epiduo but if you think bp caused the dermatitis i would steer clear of it in the future. the reaction you have next time could be worse. 

yeah try the bactrim and see how it goes but you might have to fight with the derm to get it because they dont like people jumping from antibiotic to antibiotic ya know? i am not sure of dosing on the bactrim but i am pretty sure you would take it twice a day. with the keflex i took it twice a day at 500mg each time. yeah for sure i would definitely take the probiotics you can do them while on antibiotics as well you just have to space them out like 4 hours after you take your antibiotics. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users