acne yaz spiro spironolactone

4 replies to this topic

#1 PinkDust

PinkDust

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:50 AM

Hi there! I'm new here and I really need someone to talk to. I first began taking birth control pills one year ago (Milligest). Even if I've never had problems with it, after a few months I switched it with Yaz, hoping that the new one will resolve my acne issues. Well, after 5 month of waiting I realized that my acne is not getting better (or just with 5-10%), so I decided to add some Spironolactone. Now, after almost two month on spiro and 7 on yaz, my skin is finally getting a little bit better. My problem is that in all these months i felt and still feel very sick, sometimes, especially in the morning, i have nausea, i've got bad headaches, dizziness and feel tired all the time, basically I can sleep all day long. Since these problems occured after taking yaz, and since the main ingredient of yaz used to treat acne is drospirenone (spironolactone 25%), I was thinking to continue with spiro (150 mg per day) and go back to Milligest. Do you guys think that's a bad idea? I just want to let all these yaz side effects and risks behind and continue with a much lighter contraceptive... But also I am really scared that my acne will get worse, even if I know it shouldn't, considering that I am now using a high dose of spiro... Please, guys, any opinion is welcome... I really dont know what to do...

#2 PinkDust

PinkDust

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:53 PM

Nobody?

#3 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

Moved to general acne discussion

#4 PinkDust

PinkDust

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:46 PM

Guys, seriously, I really need an opinion...

#5 PinkDust

PinkDust

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:33 AM

anything? :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users