Photo

A Small Revelation That Made Me So Much Happier.

skin relationships acne scars

No replies to this topic

#1 scco

scco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:20 AM

Hi,

yesterday I felt very depressed about my skin, I even posted a thread about it here .

I decided to go to one of these chat groups specialized for helping young people. I was talking with someone about how I felt that my skin might ruin my chances with the girl I fell in love with recently (my first time falling in love), my biggest fear was to lose that special connection that I have with her. The person told me that that connection does not depend on looks, my bad skin won't make that connection disappear, it's about our personalities.

All my life I thought that I was someone who cared about the outside, however at that moment I realized that I love this girl for who she is, she can lose her arms and legs and I will still love her. I learned that people can love each other for who they are.

I'm going to ask that girl out for a date, if she says yes I'll be that happiest guy on the planet, however I will not get depressed if she doesn't, because I'm sure that it will not ruin our friendship. Eventually we will find someone who we will unconditionally love and who will unconditionally love us back, regardless of our skin quality.

This realization left me speechless, with tears in my eyes and I smile on my face, for the first time in months I felt happy again :)

Thanks for reading,

have a wonderful day (I know I will)!

TLDR:  Finding the ability to unconditionally love someone, regardless of looks, within myself restored my faith in love and made me stop stressing about my skin.

P.S. English isn't my first language and for some reason I had some real trouble expressing my feelings in a foreign language so sorry for grammar mistakes.

Edited by scco, 11 June 2014 - 09:21 AM.

"It was my decision to get clean, I did it for me. Admittedly, I probably did it subliminally for you, so I could come back a brand new me you helped see me through, and don't even realize what you did, 'cause believe me you" - Eminem (funny how this whole thing can be linked to acne)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users