Photo

Reducing Consumsion Of Animal Products And Refined Sugars.

food vegan vegeterian healthy eating dairy meat sugar

1 reply to this topic

#1 LydiaB97

LydiaB97

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

Hi everyone, my name is Lydia. I am an almost seventeen year old female with what I would consider to be moderate acne. I have struggled since the age of 13 with persistent breakouts, excessively oily skin and clogged pores- trying every product under the sun in hope of finding a miracle cure. Unfortunately I still haven't found one. Although my skin is considerably better than it used to be, I still feel plagued with self-consciousness and have major self-esteem issues.

I have decided to take a different approach from pills and potions and go down a more natural, holistic path. In my attempt to clear my acne I am going to significantly reduce the amount of dairy (especially cows), eggs, meat and refined sugars in my diet. My goal is to eat no more than one portion of dairy a day (e.g glass of milk), only eat meat/fish once/twice a week and keep my consumption of refined, added sugars to under 10g a day.

I am going to keep a journal, log-type thing to update you on how my new diet is going and what the effects are on my skin. Please feel free to send me advice and tips- It would be very much appreciated :)

#2 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

Hi everyone, my name is Lydia. I am an almost seventeen year old female with what I would consider to be moderate acne. I have struggled since the age of 13 with persistent breakouts, excessively oily skin and clogged pores- trying every product under the sun in hope of finding a miracle cure. Unfortunately I still haven't found one. Although my skin is considerably better than it used to be, I still feel plagued with self-consciousness and have major self-esteem issues.

I have decided to take a different approach from pills and potions and go down a more natural, holistic path. In my attempt to clear my acne I am going to significantly reduce the amount of dairy (especially cows), eggs, meat and refined sugars in my diet. My goal is to eat no more than one portion of dairy a day (e.g glass of milk), only eat meat/fish once/twice a week and keep my consumption of refined, added sugars to under 10g a day.

I am going to keep a journal, log-type thing to update you on how my new diet is going and what the effects are on my skin. Please feel free to send me advice and tips- It would be very much appreciated smile.png

Good Luck - I applaud you for trying the natural route.  Know it will not be easy but it will benefit your health and hopefully your acne.  I recommend you cut out dairy 100% as even a little can harm your skin if you are sensitive to it.  Also, increase fruit and vegetables in your diet.  Try juicing and/or blending your greens to get as much into your diet as possible.

Good Luck

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users