Photo

Reducing Consumsion Of Animal Products And Refined Sugars.

food vegan vegeterian healthy eating dairy meat sugar

1 reply to this topic

#1 LydiaB97

LydiaB97

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

Hi everyone, my name is Lydia. I am an almost seventeen year old female with what I would consider to be moderate acne. I have struggled since the age of 13 with persistent breakouts, excessively oily skin and clogged pores- trying every product under the sun in hope of finding a miracle cure. Unfortunately I still haven't found one. Although my skin is considerably better than it used to be, I still feel plagued with self-consciousness and have major self-esteem issues.

I have decided to take a different approach from pills and potions and go down a more natural, holistic path. In my attempt to clear my acne I am going to significantly reduce the amount of dairy (especially cows), eggs, meat and refined sugars in my diet. My goal is to eat no more than one portion of dairy a day (e.g glass of milk), only eat meat/fish once/twice a week and keep my consumption of refined, added sugars to under 10g a day.

I am going to keep a journal, log-type thing to update you on how my new diet is going and what the effects are on my skin. Please feel free to send me advice and tips- It would be very much appreciated :)

#2 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

Hi everyone, my name is Lydia. I am an almost seventeen year old female with what I would consider to be moderate acne. I have struggled since the age of 13 with persistent breakouts, excessively oily skin and clogged pores- trying every product under the sun in hope of finding a miracle cure. Unfortunately I still haven't found one. Although my skin is considerably better than it used to be, I still feel plagued with self-consciousness and have major self-esteem issues.

I have decided to take a different approach from pills and potions and go down a more natural, holistic path. In my attempt to clear my acne I am going to significantly reduce the amount of dairy (especially cows), eggs, meat and refined sugars in my diet. My goal is to eat no more than one portion of dairy a day (e.g glass of milk), only eat meat/fish once/twice a week and keep my consumption of refined, added sugars to under 10g a day.

I am going to keep a journal, log-type thing to update you on how my new diet is going and what the effects are on my skin. Please feel free to send me advice and tips- It would be very much appreciated smile.png

Good Luck - I applaud you for trying the natural route.  Know it will not be easy but it will benefit your health and hopefully your acne.  I recommend you cut out dairy 100% as even a little can harm your skin if you are sensitive to it.  Also, increase fruit and vegetables in your diet.  Try juicing and/or blending your greens to get as much into your diet as possible.

Good Luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users