Photo

Study: Does Drinking And Applying Lemon Juice Get Rid Of Your Acne?

lemons diet holistic

9 replies to this topic

#1 happinesslove

happinesslove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:47 PM

Hi I'm new to this website but I want to preform a study.I'm going to be drink lemon water and applying lemon juice (undiluted) on my face.to see if my acne goes away.I have acne on my forehead and left cheek (surprisingly I don't have acne on my right cheek).I'll keep you guys updated :)

#2 cocosofia

cocosofia

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

other variables like overall diet, fitness etc?

#3 AncoraImparo

AncoraImparo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:46 PM

I would advise against this. I believe a study shows that although lemon juice lightens hyperpigmentation, applying as a topical also impairs the functioning of your skin barrier, which leaves the skin more prone to acne scars and infections. However, if you choose to do this, I would strongly recommend diluting the lemon juice as it is strongly acidic and will cause an imbalance in pH in the skin. Be careful and good luck.

Edited by AncoraImparo, 10 June 2014 - 09:47 PM.

#4 happinesslove

happinesslove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:15 AM

We I try to stay away from carbohydrates and I dont do much exercise since I'm fit I did start drinking one carrot juice a day which I heard can cure your acne in about two weeks I try not to consume a lot of sugar.

As for the lemon I noticed that some of my acne scars are less noticeable so some of my little whitehead(under the skin bumps) are starting to go away on my forehead .oh and I also started to have better oral hygiene.BTW I'm a teen so I'm not doing it for adult acne.

#5 happinesslove

happinesslove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

Update I stopped putting lemon on myface it seemed to irritate my skin which broke it out even more but I'm still drinking lemon water.I'm also using caladryl (calamine)has a spot butits eextremely drying so I use it twice a week and I don't recommend using this as a mask

#6 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:01 AM

Get rid of, no.  Help. Sure. Drinking diluted lemon juice aids digestion, provides vitamin C, etc.  Topical diluted lemon juice restores PH, provides vitamin C, may lighten hyperpigmentation, etc. 

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#7 BlakeHenry

BlakeHenry

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

I would advise against this. I believe a study shows that although lemon juice lightens hyperpigmentation, applying as a topical also impairs the functioning of your skin barrier, which leaves the skin more prone to acne scars and infections. However, if you choose to do this, I would strongly recommend diluting the lemon juice as it is strongly acidic and will cause an imbalance in pH in the skin. Be careful and good luck.

I would dilute it as well,
But if the OP has been using an OTC cleanser for years then I would strongly recommend using lemon juice topically. Diluted in a little bit of water. Your skin is naturally acidic and after years and years on cleansers and topicals, your faces natural acid mantle can be in need of repair.

I would avoid drinking it,
It's horrible for your teeth and citrus is a common food allergen.

I would just consume good old fashion water along with green/white tea.

#8 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

I would avoid drinking it,
It's horrible for your teeth and citrus is a common food allergen.

Rinse your mouth after and yes, IF you are intolerant to it, then don't consume it. 

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#9 Threedaysgrace

Threedaysgrace

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music- Three days grace, My Chemical romance, Panic! At the Disco, Fall out boy, Sick Puppies , The Pretty Reckless
    Art- Painting and basically drawing anything.
    Being lazy

Achievements

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

You can use a straw have you tried drinking a teaspoon (not sure if it is a teaspoon) of acv a day. I dont do citrus even one drop of lemon juice will cause a cyst for me. One tangerine will mean increased heart rate, intense itching 2 cysts withing 3 minutes ish, dizzines oh and 2 tangerines will mean a trip to the hospital. 3 tangerines will probably kill me which is sad as i never thought i would be so easy to kill.  Death by tangerines isn't exactly appealing.

Sorry I dont mean to scare you have you tried applying licorice extract or applying a 4 percent niachimide solution you can google some recipies.

#10 happinesslove

happinesslove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:45 AM

Thanks for all the advice I'm still drinking lemon water which has helped a ton.I drink about two tablespoons of acv in one water bottle a day.also I'm going to start putting on a potato mask every night for two months to see if I can get rid of theses hyperpigmentions.I'll try to update almost every day . : )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users