backacne severe swollen pus help lesions pain zits cysts

6 replies to this topic

#1 Rami basbous

Rami basbous

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:36 PM

Ok let me start this off from the beginning. Around February I noticed pimples on my upper back around the rhomboids area. I shrugged it off Asa normal bacne and cleaned the area every day with a benzoyl peroxide soap. Over time it wasn't getting better. Around march I noticed that their getting bigger and their starting to bleed. I went to my pediatrician and he gave me doxycycline 80 mg and epiduo. I didn't do that for long roughly two weeks before I went to a dermatologist. She prescribed me Bactrim and took me off the doxycycline. By this time my back had gotten to the point where my shirts were all stained with pus and blood. Also the weird scab like things were itching a lot. After a full one month dose of bactrim my back only got worse. Around April I got to the point where I could no longer sleep on my back anymore. I decided to switch dermatologists after the first nor refused to give me pain meds for the extreme pain and swelling I was feeling. This new dermatologist is good, but idk where I'm going. This dermatologist put me on accutane and a light steroid. After only one month I was told to stop accutane. Apparently my white blood cells were elevated. Now the bleeding cysts are huge and all over my back. Also thanks to the medicine I now have an extra 30 pounds on my body. The pimples and cysts have spread to my tricep area and to my chest. Also to my public area being the most painful as I cannot sleep on my back nor on my stomach now so I fall asleep sitting up. Two weeks later I went to an immunologist who saw me and took another one of my many blood tests. She weirdly put me back on doxycycline and gave me Bactroban. I decided to put the cram on my back and what I expected happened. My back had been improving since the two weeks since I had stopped accutane with the cysts closing up and the scabs getting hard and dry like plastic. That night I out on the cream and in the morning it was horror. I woke up to an excruciating pain and found all of the dried up scabs moist and breaking apart with every move. Two days later I went back to my dermatologist and after only two days, told me to stop the doxycycline. She performed a biopsy on my back and the results still haven't come in. The pain and emotional stress I've been feeling is killing me. I can't work out(I am a fitnessaholic), and having gained 30 pounds and all of these pimples and scabs is eating at me every day. Yesterday I said enough is enough when I tried to lay down on my stomach but the swollen pimples on my pubic area wouldn't let me lie down. I decided to just plop my back on a towel and go to sleep normally. The pain wasn't horrible but I did wake up at 5 and peeled myself off of the bed. I later went back to sleep at 6 and woke up at 7, and 8. That is the most current to date. Pictures are attached with the less being in the beginning and the worst being the most current. I have been living off of an antihistamine and 800mg of ibuprofen and I take roughly 1-3 daily. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#2 zillamosnta

zillamosnta

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:42 PM

How is your diet?  

Try going no dairy, lean white meats and veggies.  Drink a gallon + of water per day and sweat.  

Take a shower within half an hour of being finished exercising if possible. 

Foods that help with acne in my diet include: 

-Wild caught salmon

-Chicken

-BROWN rice 

-Garlic cloves (you want to cut these and expose them to air for 10 minutes before eating.   The precut do not have near as much nutritional value

-Artichoke

-Tomatoes

-Onions

-Squash

-Broccoli

-Almonds

-Walnuts

-WATER Lots of it.

Lastly, I use the acne.org regimen which helped about 70% (just the bp and aha).  The rest is my diet and a little secret called Lavender oil.  I use the lavender oil on my back during the day and bp/aha at night.  Hope this helps! 

How is your diet?  

Try going no dairy, lean white meats and veggies.  Drink a gallon + of water per day and sweat.  

Take a shower within half an hour of being finished exercising if possible. 

Foods that help with acne in my diet include: 

-Wild caught salmon

-Chicken

-BROWN rice 

-Garlic cloves (you want to cut these and expose them to air for 10 minutes before eating.   The precut do not have near as much nutritional value

-Artichoke

-Tomatoes

-Onions

-Squash

-Broccoli

-Almonds

-Walnuts

-WATER Lots of it.

Lastly, I use the acne.org regimen which helped about 70% (just the bp and aha).  The rest is my diet and a little secret called Lavender oil.  I use the lavender oil on my back during the day and bp/aha at night.  Hope this helps!

#3 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

I would second diet changes but if that doesn't work, please go see a dermatologist.  This is the type of acne accutane is meant to help.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#4 theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:11 AM

Man, I am sorry you're dealing with that. Your story sounds terrible.  I can imagine you're feeling like hell right about now.  

A few things I suggest sort of mimics the previous posters...for example, clean up your diet as best you can. Although there is weak research that diets cause acne, you will want to make sure you're eating and living healthy so to reap the health benefits of good nutrition since your body is dealing with this infection.  

Also, I would work extra hard at scouting out the best dermatologist in treating acne and go seem them.  Don't settle for a doctor who you don't trust or doesn't listen to you with quality attention.  Also, your condition is exactly why drugs like accutane and roaccutane exist.  I would inquire with your doctor about taking them.  And even prescription drug therapy can be adjusted with dosing to balance it's therapeutic actions with your side effects.  

And definitely start on an acne treatment regimen for cleansing with topical treatment and be consistent with it.  You might want to purchase products from Acne.org or acnepractice.com or proactive solution.  However, your condition is severe so it will probably require advanced therapy than the run of the mill OTC products.  Make sure you find a good doctor...that will be key for you.  Body acne is not like face acne, it's much more stubborn and takes longer to heal up, so stay the course with whatever treatment and cleansing regimen you choose. Be encouraged because acne can be managed and treated with positive results and improvements.  Not everyone responds the same way to the same drugs; sometimes regimens, dosages, and drugs have to be customized.  It sounds like you are experiencing a phase of "trial and error" in attempting to discover what treatment will work and will not work. Give it time and be patient.  It will get better. Acne will not control your life forever. -rm

#5 Kinso89

Kinso89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

man I'm so sorry your struggling with that to me that looks like acne conglobata the most aggressive form of it it I feel your pain mine is painful at times but not that severe you need to get on accutane again give it another try no OTC products diet nothing will cure that apart from a high dose of tane.

#6 hopeforthebest

hopeforthebest

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:54 PM

no dairy products.. do that for a month and see if it helps. i feel your pain as i also suffer from severe bacne. hang in there.

leaving dairy (especially milk) out helped to reduce it for me. hope it helps you too.

Edited by hopeforthebest, 18 July 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#7 jayhaux

jayhaux

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:03 PM

OMG, bless your heart. I researched it and I think Kinso 89 is spot on. Look at these images and information about acne congoblota: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1072716-overview.  Looks like and oral steroid to get you over the hump and a full run of Accutane would be where to start. I suggest consulting with a rheumologist to discuss inflammatory and autoimmune disorders that may be tied in with this.  Best wishes and please post and update as to how you are doing.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users