Posted 25 May 2014 - 01:56 PM
Little back story. I'm 22, from the UK.. I've had acne since I was about 13. At 16 it was really bad. So bad I barely left the house, couldn't look people in the eye, it really hit my self esteem. I felt so ugly and out of place. Always felt like the odd one out at school because the other kids had perfect skin and I just looked hideous. I'm naturally extremely pale (My family is half Croatian) so I've got the dark hair and really pale skin which seems to harbour a lot of scars.
I took Accutane at age 18 (40mg a day) for 6 months and I felt like a new person, had a lot more confidence, didn't feel I had to worry about looking like I had a horrible disease or something. But yeah, good things never last., So they say.. My acne came back (not as bad as before).. But its red, I have a lot of open pores especially at the side of my nose and on my cheeks, and I have a lot of flat red/dark scars. I can't take this anymore, I feel so embarrassed that after I shower and wash my face (I just use a cleansing face wash) my skin gets oily after about half an hour. It gets gradually oilier throughout the day too. I've tried all kinds of treatments aswell as Accutane - topical creams, antibiotics. I also exercise, drink lots of water and eat right. What the hell can I do (natural remedies?) .. I need to try something new. I just feel so ugly and I want it to go away. When I was about 13 I had great skin then just before my 14th birthday all hell broke loose and I ended up looking like Freddy Krueger for quite a few years.
Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:55 AM
I too have been dealing with super oily skin and acne problems since I was 14. Things that I have found that help me with oilyness is when I cut out sugar completely out of my diet along with complex carbohydrates. I didn't notice it for a couple of weeks, but I stuck with it and have realized that my face isn't as oily as it used to be. As for topical remedies, I use the acne.org cleanser, with BP, and the Lab series Daily Moisture Defense Lotion SPF15, for during the day. The moisturizer goes on creamy, but dries matte. At night I'll use the acne.org cleanser, Paula's choice skin perfecting 2% BHA gel, and Olay regenerist regenerating serum or Paula's choice ultralight super antioxidant concentrate serum.
On a side note: I noticed that when I ran long distance (12 miles) and sweated quite a bit my acne and oilyness levels went down. Good luck and I hope you feel better.
Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:28 PM
Try Traditional Chinese Medicine. Look up Herbologist (or herbalist, or naturopath) in your area. It's the only thing that's helped me.
- Clear Skin and Anxiety Maintenance Routine:
- Supplements: Shi wei Bei Du Tang (powder by Sun Ten) and the Zhen Zhu An Chuang Pan (tablets by Guang Ci Tang) both for acne+ other Chinese mood stabilizers.
- 20,000IU+ of Vitamin D/day (+ antioxidants and multi with minerals)
- Diet: Ultra Meal and Orac Energy Greens shakes- no meat, coffee, dairy, gluten or alcohol
- Topical: crysanthemum and MSM baths and cleansing with Proactiv Deep and Kavi Coral on Konjac sponge to exfoliate, and Jason Aloe and Tea Tree and Hyaluronic Acid to heal and hydrate.
- Lifestyle: 8 hrs sleep, light exercise only, >1hr sun exposure daily, no fluoride toothpastes, no sulfate shampoos, clean shower/pillowcase.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users