Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blissbalance

Moving On After Accutane!

8 posts in this topic

Hey all, I have made a during and after accutane photo set. If any of you have questions for me, I would be glad to answer. I can just say that I have changed quite a bit now that I do not constantly think about my skin anymore.

Wow your skin sure did clear up real good, any side effects? I'll hopefully be getting accutane prescribed in a months time

You look great! Glad it worked from you!

1 person likes this

Absorica Aug 2013 -Feb2014

Claravis March 211 - July 2011

Wow your skin sure did clear up real good, any side effects? I'll hopefully be getting accutane prescribed in a months time

Side effects were mainly very dry lips, very mild joint cracking, and unfortunately quite a bit of hair loss. But the dry lips was the main factor, just make sure you drink plenty of water and you will be fine!

Congrats on the great results. I just finished my 6 month treatment last month. It's such a great feeling waking up and looking at yourself in the mirror and not seeing any new pimples on your face. I hope our results last forever!

1 person likes this

Hey

I've got around 2 days untill I finish accutane my spots have gone but I have red marks where the spots were so it basically hasemt gone:( but the derm did say I dot have any scarring? I was wondering do you know how long it takes for my skin to repair and shed or will I have to wait ages :(

Hey

I've got around 2 days untill I finish accutane my spots have gone but I have red marks where the spots were so it basically hasemt gone:( but the derm did say I dot have any scarring? I was wondering do you know how long it takes for my skin to repair and shed or will I have to wait ages

It depends on the person. For me, the red has faded to brown and it takes a while. Using AHA, vitamin c serums, and BHA helps TONS. Look at the skincareaddiction subreddit on reddit for more help. Also, tons of h20 :D