Honey, Yogurt, And Lemon Acne Facial

lemon acne facial honey yogurt

2 replies to this topic

#1 sfonseka

sfonseka

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I enjoy the outdoors, traveling, restaurants, laughing, going to cultural events, and socializing with quality people. Its just better living and sharing life with someone else

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:23 PM

Having acne facials done at a spa can be very expensive. Additionally, sometimes spa facials are too harsh on acne-prone skin. With a few ordinary ingredients, you can make an at-home acne facial. This honey, yogurt, and lemon facial is gentle and effective. Try it out and see how smooth and radiant your skin feels afterwards.

1z3xl6p.jpg

Ingredients

For this facial, you will need 1/2 cup of plain yogurt. Greek-style is best, because it is thicker than regular yogurt and won't drip off your face as much. You will also need a tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of lemon juice. You may also choose to add either lavender or tea tree essential oils. Both oils have antiseptic properties that can be beneficial for acne.

Wash Your Face

Wash your face with a gentle cleanser. Don't use something too harsh, because you're going to be deep cleaning your face with your homemade mask directly after. Avoid using an acne cleanser for this purpose as these cleansers usually contain harsh chemicals that can irritate your skin.

Steam Your Face

Steaming helps release trapped dirt and oils from your pores. After cleansing, you can steam your face in one of two ways. For the first option, bring a pot of water to boil on the stove. Once the pot is boiling, remove it from the burner and place it on a heat-safe countertop or table. Hold your face over the steaming pot for three minutes. You can drape a towel over your head during this process to trap more steam. Alternatively, run a washcloth under hot water, and then place it directly on your face, making sure not to burn yourself; hold it there for one minute. Repeat two more times until the hot cloth has been on your face for a total of three minutes.

Mix Yogurt, Honey, and Lemon

Right before applying, mix the yogurt, honey, and lemon in a small bowl. You may want to use a small whisk to break up clumps of yogurt and honey. Stir until the mixture is smooth.

Apply the Mixture

Apply the mixture to your face. Take half the mixture and apply it by rubbing gently in a circular motion all over your face. Don't get too close to your eyes. After you've applied the first half, immediately apply the remaining half by lightly rubbing it on the surface of your skin. The first application should soak into your skin leaving a thin film, while the second application sits on top of your skin in a thicker layer.

Rinse

After 15 minutes, rinse the mixture off your face using lukewarm water. You may have to rub a bit to get the dried yogurt off. Be gentle and don't pull at your skin too much.

Edited by sfonseka, 22 May 2014 - 08:24 PM.

#2 clearingup2014

clearingup2014

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Follow me on Intsagram! IG: youniquelylavina

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:31 PM

I have used greek yogurt masks for a couple weeks now and have seen a difference in my red marks 

#3 prettysam

prettysam

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:37 AM

I usually use honey as a body scrub to reduce cellulite and exfoliate my skin. I am fond of using natural products on my skin because it has no harmful chemicals. This is really new for me to read this kind of honey mixture. I will try this on my skin and I'll keep you posted. By the way, thanks for sharing this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users