Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Been On Tetralysal For Just Over A Year..

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've been on Tetralysal for just over a year and today I went for a tablet review with my Doctor. She told me that it should have only of been taken for 6 months due to effecting good bacteria in the bowels.

I'm a massive worrier and its started to get me thinking about what damage this has done to my body by being on it for 6 months longer than I should have.

I sometimes get diarrhoea in the morning and I am scared that I have Colitis from being on Tetralysal for too long. The diarrhoea doesn't happen everyday but i'm just freaking out that this is the start. I didn't think to bring this us with my Doctor as I just thought it might be from having a high fibre diet and loads of protein.

I've been referred to the Dermatologist and she said to try Accutane. I don't think I will take it though, i would rather deal with the acne than the stress and anxiety of what damage and possible side affects that might occur.

Can anyone confirm about Tetralysal 6 month time frame? or is this just a guideline?

Many thanks,

That's why i went on accutane. Antibiotic can be as harsh or even more than accutane. And they are a short term solution for almost everyone.

You should go for it. Stop reading horror histories about it and go for it.