Photo

Accutane: Let's Do This (40 Mg/day Claravis)

accutane log journal moderate acne

63 replies to this topic

#61 DawgDaze64

DawgDaze64

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

Yay to excellent blood work!

I had to have a giggle at your comment about having willpower. I count myself in that boat as well, as I recently did what we should all never do (pick) and so I now have what basically amounts to something that looks like I got socked in the face under my right eye, on top of my cheek.

So, let's all just make a vow to get through what's left of our journey without . . . picking.rolleyes.gif

#62 lifeinfaith

lifeinfaith

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

Sorry I have been gone all week! I have been so busy and don't have much to report in the face realm. I haven't had any new pimples in about 2 weeks...ever since I got some cysty stuff on the side of my chin around that time of the month, nothing else has happened. There are some pink marks where those pretty much healed and I maybe have like 1 clogged pore on my whole face...it's kind of crazy. My face is so smooth and has no oil...not even at end of day now. The bumpy uneveness went away...I think it was the accutane flaking off some layers. I get slightly flaky near days end but not noticeable. My face hasn't been this clear in years. I really really hope it stays like this. I think I'm going to up to 30mg next week so well see.

On side effects...mostly my lips are affected. They require lots of moisture. My scalp is itchy occasionally and I only have to wash it every other day which is pretty nice. One thing concerning... Over the past week I have noticed my abdomen looking slightly bloated..like I have never seen it before. Ever experienced or heard anything like this?

I'm sorry to hear about your face troubles but it's good to hear you might be rounding a corner with month 3. It seems like if you can just ignore it and not pick and let accutane do it's business you will be golden. Easier said than done right! I think this week will be better for you. There were weeks when I had picked the crap out of my face pre accutane, so bad that I stayed home from work the next day. I was always amazed at how fast the face recovered in a weeks time to be almost good as new.

#63 BreakItOutNow

BreakItOutNow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

Hey lifeinfaith and DawgDaze, thanks for the comments. Lifeinfaith: I'm so glad your course is going well! I know it is so scary starting accutane so it's a relief that it is all going smoothly. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you continue to have steady success and clearing. DawgDaze: my willpower lasted until about 2 p.m. on Thursday when I felt the bump come to a head. I popped it, but not without leaving a considerable amount of damage. I can count on this one taking awhile to heal. It's in the same spot I had an awful battle with early in my course and it is just a pretty large blotch. I so wish I wouldn't have picked. It's amazing how fragile skin is on accutane. A small scratch leaves a mark for me. So annoying!

Everything else is going alright. I'm basically just mad at the mark on my left cheek now. I seem to alternate good cheeks and bad cheeks. I'm hoping maybe in two or three days I'll look a little better. The red blotch on my chin was so annoying and the derm said it looks like maybe it was turning into some sort of eczema or something. She gave me a topical and today it looks so much better. I even peeled off a layer of dead skin and it didn't reveal bright red skin! Moving up!

Things have definitely slowed down breakout wise, but I know I can't count on them being permanently done. I need to just suffer through the odd zits I get now and let them come and go, rather than trying to speed up the process by picking. Easier said than done, but this latest cheek disaster may be a friendly reminder to avoid picking. Knowing how long this could take to fade, I'm not going to suffer through it again. I keep reminding myself that that stupid whitehead would be gone by now if I just left it alone. Sigh.

#64 lifeinfaith

lifeinfaith

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Achievements

Posted Yesterday, 10:22 PM

Lab work was all clear. Derm told me it was probably the Spiro causing bloating issues so I'm now off of that.

Moving up to 30mg!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users