acne whiteheads young adult

4 replies to this topic

#1 kamkolagi

kamkolagi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:23 PM

I never thought I would ever post about my skin problems online, but I am sick and tired of my whitehead/acne problem and don’t know what else to do.

Throughout high school, I don't remember stressing over acne because I didn't have a lot of it. After graduating, I started to get these whiteheads, mainly under my nose. I didn’t worry about them because they were minor and people told me that they go away with time. After about a year, it started to get really bad and I ALWAYS got the whiteheads under my nose and above my lip area, which is embarrassing because people can clearly see it there. I don’t know why the whiteheads showed up under my nose for 95% of the time, but I have found nothing online to help me. One day I also realized that I had these whiteheads in my scalp because I felt them when I was scratching my head. I shaved my head bald over the summer to take a picture of my scalp and that picture is below. I also have a lot of body acne, but to be honest, I just want to effectively treat the ones in my face first, before I start worrying about my chest and back.

I used to NEVER use moisturizers and cleansers in my high school days but over the last year or so, I have used so many types, but none of them have had good effects. I did not use any cleanser or moisturizers over the past winter because these whiteheads/acne tend to come up less when I didn’t use them in cold weather. My skin did get very dry and flaky, but I didn’t care as long as no whiteheads showed up. I am now 23 years old and don’t know if there is a solution of this problem.

Now that it is getting warm again, the whiteheads are starting to show up a LOT. I guess I have to start using moisturizers and cleansers again, but I don’t know how much they will help. I have attached a picture of my cheek below. I took that picture today and it is 89 degrees outside. I do not even know if my acne is mild, moderate or severe. Because of this, I am even embarrassed to talk and meet new people and have lost confidence in myself.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!! 

Attached Files

#2 raffibomb

raffibomb

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:43 PM

Look into accutane bro. Why mess around with washes and stuff. I would go straight for the best option in my opinion. 20 mg's a day and you'll be clear. I had much worse acne then you and 20-40 mg's worked perfect , and I also had body acne too.

#3 Trapbrah

Trapbrah

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

I had a similar problem as you, and resorted to accutane. Accutane works to a degree, but there are pretty bad side effects, potential long term effects, and theres a good chance it wont even keep your skin clear forever after treatment. Check out my website. It has tons of info on clearing acne, my before and after photos, as well as the products I use to keep my skin 100% clear.

www.aestheticsmadesimple.com

#4 acnegone5

acnegone5

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

Mine was quite bad when young and I ended up having accutane. It worked for me and my outbreaks since have been low to mild. Worth taking accutane.

Visit my blog over at Health Spikes for interesting health articles, advice and tips for your general health and acne.

#5 Atn

Atn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:32 PM

Do you eat a lot of peanut butter? Peanut butter causes me to breakout in whiteheads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users