Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thinking About Coming Off Diane 35

2 posts in this topic

I've been on Diane 35 for around 6 months, and it was prescribed by my dermatologist to treat my acne. Unfortunately, it hasn't really worked. In fact, I feel like it has worsened my acne, as I now get hormonal cystic break outs before getting my period, when I previously didn't. Anyway, since Diane 35 didn't stop my acne at all, and I haven't been on it for very long, will I break out if I stop taking it?

The fear of my skin condition worsening is the only thing that's stopping me from quitting right now. I plan on taking zinc, saw palmetto, and evening primrose oil when I stop taking Diane to hopefully help ease the quitting process. I have also heard that fish oil and stinging nettle can help? I would really appreciate any advice on ways to prevent post-Diane breakouts.

If its making your acne worse, you should stop taking it... Not everyone breakout horribly after stopping bcp... You'll probably be fine ;)

I stopped taking Diane 35 and never broke out, but while i was taking it also did nothing for my acne.