Photo

Is Minocycline Worth Spending $233 On A One Month Supply?

minocycline

3 replies to this topic

#1 memar8

memar8

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

I finally got my derm to prescribe me minocycline, only to find out my insurance wont pay for it, so a one month supply is $233. As crazy as it sounds, I'm considering buying it -- I'm desperate :( I know everyone responds differently, so there's no way of knowing if this will defiantly clear my skin up, but I'm just looking for some feedback on it. Is minocycline worth spending over $200? And how quickly does it work?

#2 dscully

dscully

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:03 PM

No. It's an antibiotic and does not treat the root cause of acne: blood sugar fluctuations and hormone imbalance.

In addition, it can destroy gut flora, which comprises a large part of your immune system. Steer clear of antibiotics unless it is for the short-term treatment of infection. Taking them every day can cause resistant bacteria.

It does "work", but only masks the symptoms of acne which are inflammation and infection. Pores still get clogged, and it comes back when you stop taking it.

Edited by dscully, 29 April 2014 - 01:05 PM.

Suffered from acne as a young adult that went into remission when put on hormonal birth control. Went off the HBC around age 22 and the acne returned with a vengeance (along with a host of other hormonal complaints). 100% clear with a modified diet that excludes dairy, sugars, grains, citrus and cured meats and emphasizes whole food-based nutrition from both plant and animal sources, most notably organ meats like liver and juiced whole vegetables. I have included a recipe for the most helpful juice I have come up with for skin complaints. I drink it every day, and it is invaluable for acne due to the large amounts of vitamin A (carotenoids) from both the carrots and beets. It also helps improve your coloring if you are very fair, giving you a pinkish, more radiant look (not orange. Don't worry!).

Magic Juice

In a juicer, combine:

5-6 carrots

1 medium beet

2-3 stalks of celery

1 small apple (Green is preferred. Omit if you are very sugar-sensitive)

1 small (1inch) piece of ginger (optional, but good for digestion)

This makes a variable amount of juice depending on the size of the vegetables you use.

Drink this throughout the morning until it's gone. Store in the fridge not longer than one day.

Having perfectly clear skin on my wedding day was worth all the headache and effort of figuring out how diet affects acne!

10253792_10152330899888950_7455033623381

#3 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

isnt there a generic for this stuff? i cant remember what i took back in the day but i think it was minocin. anyway call the doctor and ask for the generic. if you cant get it doxycycline or tetracycline or even keflex. they all come in generic form.

Edited by tracy521, 29 April 2014 - 01:56 PM.

#4 raffibomb

raffibomb

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

Online pharmacy. You'll thank me later when you see what they charge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users