Photo

Is Minocycline Worth Spending $233 On A One Month Supply?

minocycline

3 replies to this topic

#1 memar8

memar8

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

I finally got my derm to prescribe me minocycline, only to find out my insurance wont pay for it, so a one month supply is $233. As crazy as it sounds, I'm considering buying it -- I'm desperate :( I know everyone responds differently, so there's no way of knowing if this will defiantly clear my skin up, but I'm just looking for some feedback on it. Is minocycline worth spending over $200? And how quickly does it work?

#2 dscully

dscully

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:03 PM

No. It's an antibiotic and does not treat the root cause of acne: blood sugar fluctuations and hormone imbalance.

In addition, it can destroy gut flora, which comprises a large part of your immune system. Steer clear of antibiotics unless it is for the short-term treatment of infection. Taking them every day can cause resistant bacteria.

It does "work", but only masks the symptoms of acne which are inflammation and infection. Pores still get clogged, and it comes back when you stop taking it.

Edited by dscully, 29 April 2014 - 01:05 PM.

#3 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

isnt there a generic for this stuff? i cant remember what i took back in the day but i think it was minocin. anyway call the doctor and ask for the generic. if you cant get it doxycycline or tetracycline or even keflex. they all come in generic form.

Edited by tracy521, 29 April 2014 - 01:56 PM.

#4 raffibomb

raffibomb

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

Online pharmacy. You'll thank me later when you see what they charge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users