accutane claravis acne

27 replies to this topic

#21 HaileyBear

HaileyBear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:42 PM

Hey Tyrionlannister! Yes they are black heads, I tried to push a few out and the tip of my nose started bleeding and scabbed, and then started peeling lmao, it was a fail all around!

Yea the lack of availability of this medication is more annoying than anything. Crossing my fingers that our pharmacys get it together this month.

I haven't noticed any reoccurring acne, but I have notice clusters of cysts, which I've never had before.
I'm on a six month timeline, crazy considering the ridiculously high dosage I'm on. Though it's not giving me terrible side effects, just soreness and a little dry skin on my arms and back.

#22 HaileyBear

HaileyBear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:28 AM

Day 27 - mini update

O.M.G. There's a huge cysts just hanging out on my stomach right now, like an inch to the left and down a little from my belly button. It hurts, and it's like bigger than a quarter :( this sucks. I also have a weird pimple on my hip, right at my pants line, which isn't a bump, but a red spot that's got a black dot in the center like a black head but much larger, and it's sore to the touch. I've never had this before, so it's weird...
Still have that cluster of actives on my jaw, it's like two cysts and three regular old pimples, idk.
One white head that won't go away under my lip, and it just gets bigger and bigger everyday.
Still nothing on the forehead, yay! And my ears are slowly healing, but still flaking.

I need to sleep, I have work in the morning, ugh! Night!

#23 CWR24

CWR24

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me
  • Interests:Not acne

Achievements

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:06 PM

Hang in there, you'll have clear skin soon enough and it'll all be worth it! First few weeks always suck. It's normal to breakout in places you usually don't though, happened to me both times I took it. 

#24 HaileyBear

HaileyBear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:50 AM

Day 31

One month mile marker! Yay!
I can't believe it's been a month already, my coworkers keep telling me how much better my skin is looking. Honestly, I don't think it's any better than it was. I'm wearing more makeup to cover up the all over bright redness, which in turn is covering my red scars better. The only good thing right now is how quickly the pimples go away. Right now I have an active on my left cheek, fairly small, but front and center! Two tiny bumps by my chin on the left side also, a bump on my right cheekbone area, and the remnants of the cluster on my jawline. There was a big active on my neck a couple days ago that is now just a red spot, but now there's a deep red active on my neck by my collar line.

Still extra dry lips, BUT I found a tiny tube of Aquaphor for lips! I didn't know they made that! It's sooo handy at work I don't have to get it on my finger and then touch my lips and get all sorts of germs on me(I'm a teller at a bank, nasty disgusting money) I bought a handful of them to keep around, one in my bedroom, one in the family room, one in my purse, and one in my desk at work! IM SET AND READY FOR THE DRY LIPS!! Lmao.
Anyway, I went like 4 days without having to wash my hair which legitimately felt like a miracle.. I hope the dry scalp stays, even though my hair isn't as soft, I can deal with that if it means my head isn't a greasy mess by the end of the day.
Also bought an extra bottle of that Vaseline lotion to keep at work because my arms are peeling dramatically! They feel sooooo soft but when you look at them it's like, wtf happened to you?!? It's weird.

I think like 80% of the blackheads on my nose are pushed out and gone, now it's moving on to my cheeks. The pores are getting really big and dark, hopefully it pushes it out quickly. Same with my chest. I'm starting to feel like a dalmatian.

And that wraps up my first month! Derm on Tuesday, hopefully she doesn't up my dose!

#25 HaileyBear

HaileyBear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

Well this is disappointing.
Went to the derm today and she took me off accutane pending my cholesterol drops because it spiked waaaay too high. It was high before I started at like 190ish, and today it was 580 something.

Well nothing but chicken and fish for me for a while, hopefully won't need cholesterol medication. Guess I wont be updating at all untill I can get back on the tane.

Hopefully get to come back to you guys again soon, don't forget about meee!!
:,( -slowly waves goodbye-

Edited by HaileyBear, 20 May 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#26 Kim0728

Kim0728

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, watching movies, wine tasting and skin care (I'm a reluctant skin care news/info maven)

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:14 PM

580??? Was that a typo? Wow, at first I read 280. Probably best you got off, even though it's disappointing. :( Sorry!

#27 HaileyBear

HaileyBear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:42 PM

No, no typo, I'm just as shocked, I'm amazed they didn't tell me to see my primary care for medication already! My original derm said if it jumped they'd put me on medication for it right away, but my new one just took me right off accutane. I'm not sure if waiting out such a high level of cholesterol is safer than getting medication to control it, but we'll see :/

#28 Bordercol71

Bordercol71

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:28 PM

Agh! Im so sorry to hear that. Just a thought...did you make sure to fast for 12 hours before you had your blood drawn for the cholesterol test? I'm sure you are super disappointed but hopefully once your cholesterol levels are back under control you can start the medicine again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users