22 replies to this topic

#21 Lozoroo

Lozoroo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:14 AM

Hey girl,

How are things? I was waiting for your next update.... hoping that no news is good news?

I was going to post on here a few weeks ago, but didn't want to tempt faint. I'd started clearing at an unbelievable rate and had started envisaging a summer with trouble free skin.

Alas, last week, I took my 7 day break from the pill, and bam, broke out. Nothing really bad, just enough to knock all the optimism out of me. I'm still drastically improved though, and I have to keep that in sight.

Looking back at my journey, it would seem that I have a few weeks of moderately good skin (as good as acne prone skin can be) and then around my period, it deteriorates. Those pesky hormones. I'm hoping the longer I stay on the BCP the less severe those breakouts might be.

So I went to the hospital this week for my derm appointment.

She wants me to go on a low does roccutane in September as dianette isn't a permanent cure. I also can't conceive whilst on it (duh) and that's something which seems ever more relevant.

She wanted me to keep on with the dianette, as the clearer I am by September, the less likely it is that the initial breakout will be unmanagable.

She said that at the minute, medically my acne is mild. That was so nice to hear considering I was sat there make-up-less with a face full of red marks.

What made the appointment worse was the fact that there were two medical students in my consultation, with beautiful and flawless skin. Oh the shame! Lol.

The derm said that if my acne is strongly hormonal, the roccutane won't put it fully into remission, and it will come back within 18 months. If that's the case, she'll refer me to the endocrinologist and look at alternative routes.

I really don't want to HAVE to take roccutane, but having had my appointment, I have to say, feel a lot less daunted by it.

Anyway, sorry for the lengthy post - please let me know how you are doing???? I have my fingers crossed for you.

Loz x

#22 palegreeneyes

palegreeneyes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:22 AM

Hey Loz!

I haven't been able to access my account for ages for some reason, but I've fixed it now.

Also, I'm exactly the same as you - for the past month my skin has been really good. Only a few spots, nothing like before and generally much smoother skin. Although, I was too scared to post this news as I didn't want to tempt fate! I wanted to leave it a little longer before shouting this from the rooftops. I mean, I am still getting some spots, but mostly just small bumps and not many of them. I do however, have lots of red marks left on my face, that are heartbreaking to look at, especially as I didn't have them before I begun taking this pill.

I went to see my dermatologists a few weeks ago for a follow up appointment and he seemed very pleased with the progress and said it wasn't necessary to make another appointment and that he hopes I won't have to see him again - but I just can't help but be negative and think I'll most probably will be seeing him again!

Anyway, so happy to hear that you're skin is in a pretty good place and thank you so much for keeping me updated and asking how I'm getting on - makes this tumultuous journey feel much less lonely! I know exactly what you mean, I hate sitting there make-up less (which I almost always am) with people who have flawless glorious skin - so upsetting. You never know though, maybe you won't have to take Accutane - I've read so many people's reviews and a lot say it takes quite a long time until they're skin is fully cleared, but I know what you mean - it's only a temporary 'cure'. I am DREADING the day that I have to come off of this pill.

Please carry on with your updates, I really appreciate them!

Lots of love x

Hey girl,

How are things? I was waiting for your next update.... hoping that no news is good news?

I was going to post on here a few weeks ago, but didn't want to tempt faint. I'd started clearing at an unbelievable rate and had started envisaging a summer with trouble free skin.

Alas, last week, I took my 7 day break from the pill, and bam, broke out. Nothing really bad, just enough to knock all the optimism out of me. I'm still drastically improved though, and I have to keep that in sight.

Looking back at my journey, it would seem that I have a few weeks of moderately good skin (as good as acne prone skin can be) and then around my period, it deteriorates. Those pesky hormones. I'm hoping the longer I stay on the BCP the less severe those breakouts might be.

So I went to the hospital this week for my derm appointment.

She wants me to go on a low does roccutane in September as dianette isn't a permanent cure. I also can't conceive whilst on it (duh) and that's something which seems ever more relevant.

She wanted me to keep on with the dianette, as the clearer I am by September, the less likely it is that the initial breakout will be unmanagable.

She said that at the minute, medically my acne is mild. That was so nice to hear considering I was sat there make-up-less with a face full of red marks.

What made the appointment worse was the fact that there were two medical students in my consultation, with beautiful and flawless skin. Oh the shame! Lol.

The derm said that if my acne is strongly hormonal, the roccutane won't put it fully into remission, and it will come back within 18 months. If that's the case, she'll refer me to the endocrinologist and look at alternative routes.

I really don't want to HAVE to take roccutane, but having had my appointment, I have to say, feel a lot less daunted by it.

Anyway, sorry for the lengthy post - please let me know how you are doing???? I have my fingers crossed for you.

Loz x

#23 sksk

sksk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:23 AM

Hi there. Not sure if you're still coming onto acne.org- but i'd love some advice! So nice that you two have managed to discuss the Dianette journey with eachother, it sure does feel very lonely when you've got a friendship group with beautiful clear skin.

I'm currently on month 3 of Dianette. Had some good spells. Month 2 I had about a week of clear (well, clear for me anyway) skin, this month (month 3) i've had nearly two. So i'm very grateful. Although i'm super upset and beyond disappointed today because i've woke up with a face full of red sore spots! So sad :( really thought I was past this now. However, trying to stay positive that its kicking in slowly but surely. 

How long was it till your skin stopped doing this? And also were you still having little breakouts during the beginning of month 3. Would really really appreciate some encouraging feedback! :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users