#1 karna

karna

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:10 AM

Hello everybody,

I have just been through a rough period where i have been eating anything at anytime. Result: My acne became really severe and inflamed.

In the weekend I decided to eat more healthy and acne friendly (no dairy, low gl). Result: In just a couple of days active acne has dried up and hardly any new pimples and cysts are formed.

It does not have to take a long time for things to clear up. So satisfying to see my efforts are worthwhile. It can be really simple. Nice to remember when things get confusing and tough!

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:38 AM

Yes, I have had periods when I don't eat as well as normal and my acne comes back. 

Such as the months I spent with my mother & grandmother who eat the cheapest possible foods and boil all the nutrients out of vegetables, while at the same time making homemade bread & raspberry jam which means not only do I not consume the nutrients, I can't help but indulge in farm more bread & sugar than I'd normally eat.

Of course, they think they eat well.  Which is an example of how few people have any idea what a healthy diet is, when we've filled our diet with refined carbs, avoided the most nutrient dense foods & cooked the nutrients out of everything for so long.  The problem isn't just McDonald's and potato chip diets.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users