Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

38 posts in this topic

To each his own folks. Go on and massage them bad boys! What can it honestly hurt?

It's a shame you people can't all just get along. This is a support group and call me crazy.. but I'm sensing a lack of this here.

Ah well rolleyes.gif Good luck on you journey.

To each his own folks. Go on and massage them bad boys! What can it honestly hurt?

It's a shame you people can't all just get along. This is a support group and call me crazy.. but I'm sensing a lack of this here.

Ah well rolleyes.gif Good luck on you journey.

1 person likes this

Pffft.

Youre massaging your dang skin. Get real girl.

Wait! Maybe you'd prefer sticking 100% TCA (bullshit chemicals, chemicals you've probably been putting on your skin for years giving you bad skin in the first place) in your pits to see if they magically rise to the occasion. lmfao. I've been lurking here for a good minute, while your jumping to conclusions. Long enough to have seen you document the many procedures you've had (procedures that also severely break down collagen). Tell me Tokyo girl, how'd that work out for you? Maybe you should've tried something less dramatic first like massaging your skin to see what fruits that might bear.

Please.. If anyone's judging here, it's people like you. Bitter ass people that think they know everything because they've been here so long. But in reality, you all STILL have bad skin and you all STILL know nothing more than any of the rest of us.

Ah well, to each his own right? wink.png

Pffft.

Youre massaging your dang skin. Get real girl.

Wait! Maybe you'd prefer sticking 100% TCA (bullshit chemicals, chemicals you've probably been putting on your skin for years giving you bad skin in the first place) in your pits to see if they magically rise to the occasion. lmfao. I've been lurking here for a good minute, while your jumping to conclusions. Long enough to have seen you document the many procedures you've had (procedures that also severely break down collagen). Tell me Tokyo girl, how'd that work out for you? Maybe you should've tried something less dramatic first like massaging your skin to see what fruits that might bear.

Please.. If anyone's judging here, it's people like you. Bitter ass people that think they know everything because they've been here so long. But in reality, you all STILL have bad skin and you all STILL know nothing more than any of the rest of us.

Ah well, to each his own right?

Ignorant? Please. I'm done with this nonsense. I was here to shed a little positivity to the Op. I never claimed to know whether this would work or not. I simply wanted to show some compassion for this girl as you all made her out like she was a fool for speaking. No wonder no one speaks up here about anything. You veteran/moderaters are 'know it all' bullies. Eh but then again, misery loves company. Ya'll better stick together.

Ignorant? Please. I'm done with this nonsense. I was here to shed a little positivity to the Op. I never claimed to know whether this would work or not. I simply wanted to show some compassion for this girl as you all made her out like she was a fool for speaking. No wonder no one speaks up here about anything. You veteran/moderaters are 'know it all' bullies. Eh but then again, misery loves company. Ya'll better stick together.

Update:

Scratching scar tissue only helped soften the edges of some of my scars but i feel like it might have made one of my shallower scars worse. Anyways, right now i am using alpha hydroxy 14% serum and then i put on differin on top of that

It seems to be helping?

Ok so continuosly i applied differin and 14% alpha hydrox serum but i never made much of a difference or made my skin peel

Sooo

I decided to apply tea tree oil to the scars in an effort to dry them out making the skin dry and peel off the next day and it seems to be working

The scars already are looking shallower

Keep in mind this will make the area you apply it to red and dry but i just apply concealer and my pur minerals makeup on top and you can barely see it

I don't know if what I did in the past would be considered "massage"... But quite a few years ago I had a pretty tightly tethered indented scar on the side of my chin up towards my lip. I don't think I read anything on massage, but I did know from using dermal fillers on others in the past that my doc spent some time with the needle going crazy trying to sever the tissue holding the skin down before she would fill. Oddly enough the ones she went to town on never appeared again and I know I had to have metabolized the juvederm.

With that in mind, I went at my scar from both sides (as if I were to 'pop' a pimple I guess?) with two fingers, raising that scar area up and rolling and pushing my fingers aggressively. I remember I busted a couple of capillaries in the shallow area of the scar (even though what I did maybe lasted 15 seconds). And just went to bed... Wasn't invasive or anything and I really didn't think it would help it was just a fleeting thought for a minute.

Low and behold that scar greatly improved as a few weeks later I noticed there was only a small tethered area to the side where I didn't bust any capillaries. I think in a fatty area like the chin or cheeks it would be possible to do this and I only had positive effects so... I don't know but just wanted to add my 2 cents.

I have had some success with massage but this was for slightly raised scaring from a large cyst that went away but left a hard lump in my skin, massage with a retinoid added in ever other night has really help the scar tissue break down, but I dont know how well this would work for indented scarring, I have found that the handful of shallow scars I had have improved greatly over the course of a year, I have used differin during this time along with occcasional use of a gentle aha cleanser and a gentle salicylic acid serum alternated with the differin. Surgeons do advise massage therapy for scars but again it is usually for red or raised scars where the scar tissue can be manipulated and broke down, I think sunken scars pose a different problem. And like a previous posted said any scar with never return completely to normal. I suppose where massage may help indented scaring is that it might increase circulation to the area and promote healing, but I think that this would be in the early stages of scar formation. I have found that keeping my skin acne free for as long as possible has also given my skin a better chance at healing as well.