32 replies to this topic

#1 Leeman44

Leeman44

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:21 AM

Hi Guys, I've posted here before

I am getting Subscision treatment done this week on the below scars and just wanted some pre and post op advice on how to get the best results. Any advice is good.
Pic included to see what treatment is onimage.jpg

#2 Zen9821

Zen9821

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:55 AM

Do "SUCTION"
After subcision for
2 weeks after on 2nd day after your subcision. This helps to prevent readhesion of scar tissues to skin layer
to give collagen a better chance to fill in. There is a suction device available on www.owndoc.com
With directions to use.
GLTU

#3 Zen9821

Zen9821

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:02 AM

The full article for the subcision-suction method has been posted online! It includes details, like what instrument was used for suction, how many passes and how long the suction lasted, etc.

Link to article

Step 2: Suctioning period
Considering the recurrence period of subcised scars, our protocol for suctioning was: starting suction sessions on the 3rd day after subcision and continuing at least every other day for 2 weeks.

We explained to the patients about maximum scar re-depression from the 3rd to 10th day after subcision and the potential effect of having more frequent suctioning within this period on the outcome. Therefore, based on their possibility to come to the clinic, the patients could have different suctioning sessions in the first week of suction period: at least every other day or even daily. In the 2nd week, all patients had every other day suctioning.

Suction procedure.  Suctioning was performed with a hand-piece of microdermabrasion device-Clair Derm Australia-(without crystal abrasion, with a 5 mm disposable nozzle) by a trained nurse, on the subcised scars, which had the same level as the skin or depressing. Suctioning was performed by both vertical and horizontal hand-piece motions non-traumatizingly.

In the beginning of suction period, elevated lesions were not suctioned until they became flat. On the first days, we used less negative pressure; but in the subsequent sessions, depending on the condition of scars, we could increase negative pressure (even to maximum: −70 mmHg), length of time (not more than 4 s in each pass) and the number of suctioning passes (even 8–12 passes) per session.

#4 perigon

perigon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

Hi Guys, I've posted here before

I am getting Subscision treatment done this week on the below scars and just wanted some pre and post op advice on how to get the best results. Any advice is good.
Pic included to see what treatment is onattachicon.gifimage.jpg

What part of your face are the scars on? I don't think i can tell from the picture

#5 Leeman44

Leeman44

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:22 AM

They are right cheek. So the side in photo.

Unfortunately i won't have time to get the suction device as its tomorrow and im away straight after to be away from everyone.
Do you think should still see improvements? Hopefully it will work and she said maybe to use fillers after.
Lee

#6 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:14 AM

I think for your case, they can do a light subcision using the same needle  on the syringe for the filler to create a pocket.  Then they can fill the pocket with the filler to give you temporary improvement and also prevent the scar bands from reattaching.  I think this should be a slam dunk if they inject correctly.   

Edited by blahblah82, 23 April 2014 - 06:16 AM.

#7 Zen9821

Zen9821

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:58 AM

You can also use the following for suction:
A vacuum cleaner which you will sterilize the tip with alchohol then cup your hand at end of to decrease suction
OR a snake bite extractor (which you would use basically the same as sarahs suction device on owndoc.

#8 FreshStart2014

FreshStart2014

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

I think for your case, they can do a light subcision using the same needle  on the syringe for the filler to create a pocket.  Then they can fill the pocket with the filler to give you temporary improvement and also prevent the scar bands from reattaching.  I think this should be a slam dunk if they inject correctly.   

Agreed.

#9 Leeman44

Leeman44

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

Had subscision now. Suprisingly very little swollen bruising on the face and noticed some improvement already.. The areas where I have the scars were hard before though under skin and still are, don't know if this means wasnt done properly? Was very quick perhaps 5 minutes.
Am now doing suction twice a day using the Hoover!
Thoughts?

image.jpg

#10 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:14 PM

Looks really good....  Did they use filler too or just subcision?

#11 Leeman44

Leeman44

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:19 AM

This is just subscision treatment. Should the results get better over time?

Can anyone advise why under skin feels hard where the scars are?

#12 Leeman44

Leeman44

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:41 AM

Day 3 after treatment photo.image.jpg

#13 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 68
About Me

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

This is just subscision treatment. Should the results get better over time?

Can anyone advise why under skin feels hard where the scars are?

Yes, you should see improvement over the course of the next several weeks/months.

If you have 'bumps' under your skin, this should be a good sign - the NOKOR needle created trauma and a dermal pocket is formed in the area where blood, fibroblasts, and other healing agents will go to work creating collagen.

Hang in there - this is a good sign.

Matt

#14 Leeman44

Leeman44

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:06 PM

Hi Matt, the bumps were there before on the scar lines, it is tough under the skin like a grissle feeling material.. Always had it.

I actually have no lumps apart from the entry point of needle and that is only slight. No swelling atall either.. Think only a "10" needle was used?

Not sure what to do whether to go again or leave it for a while?

image.jpg

As you can see Matt no lumps

#15 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

If the lumps are palpable but not visible, then it's a good thing.    That will act as a buffer to keep the top layer from reattaching again.

#16 Leeman44

Leeman44

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:49 PM

Honest advice guys do you think i should try more treatments or settle? Its not cheap to get all these done but im striving to get my original skin tone back..

One
Thing i am finding frustrating is the red lines of the scars, the colour makes them look worse?

#17 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

That's really up to you.... Personally, I think your case is super minor and you could probably do 2-3 more subcisions and get decent results.   At that point, you can reevaluate how you feel about the improvement.  You certainly don't "need" to do anything.   

Honest advice guys do you think i should try more treatments or settle? Its not cheap to get all these done but im striving to get my original skin tone back..

One
Thing i am finding frustrating is the red lines of the scars, the colour makes them look worse?

#18 skullkid87

skullkid87

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:48 AM

im almost 2 months post subcision. and im seeing improvements daily. im so happy. had to boast with this comment. to the dude that just had it. keep taking vitamin C, massage the scar with a moisturizer. try to eat clean and exersize. you will be happy like i am in 2 months..

#19 Leeman44

Leeman44

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:53 AM

Did you have bruising and swelling etc? As you can see i had none? From what I've read results only come if you have the after effects

#20 Leeman44

Leeman44

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

Just been talking this through with other half and think i will get another subscision by Dr Chu although slightly against another "Consultation appointment"
If that fails would laser treatment work?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users