Paige's Acne Log

21 replies to this topic

#21 paigems

paigems

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

I don't think my skin likes any retinoids It became very oily after using the retin-a micro too. This upsets me because if I take accutane again it would be nice to have some sort of product to use as maintenance afterward. I guess that product won't be a retinoid, though. I'm sort of holding out hope for a new topical anti-androgen that will be coming out in the next few years called cb-03-01. It sounds like it would work great for me since anti-androgens like spiro clear me. Sprio makes my hair fall out, though. I just can't win lol...

I'm so sorry you're going through this.   Just because it makes you oily doesn't mean it will break you out/won't clear you up.  You have to give it time to work.

What was your acne like before spiro.  Did/Do you have PCOS?  Did you experience a IB?  My derm seems like she wants to prescribe it but i don't think my acne is hormonal in the true sense of the word, even though i am breaking out mostly around my mouth/chin area.  I'm just afraid of making it ten times worse.

Any ideas?

So I wrote a response to this a few days ago and I guess it never posted...

The oil from the retinoids is really really uncomfortable. Oil bothers me more than acne, and feeling like I have to blot every 30 minutes because of retinoids is just not ok with me.

I took spiro before I took accutane. My acne was really bad. I had cysts, whiteheads, and blackheads. It was all over my face and never correlated with certain times of the month. I have been told I have pcos because my testosterone is high and I have quite a few other symptoms. I think I did have a small initial breakout, but it was nothing horrible. If I didn't lose my hair on spiro I would take it forever because besides accutane it was the only thing that completely cleared me. My skin was oil free and I didn't have a single spot, not even a blackhead. If I were you I'd try it. I think it's a great drug.

#22 paigems

paigems

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:35 PM

I'm no longer using any topicals on my skin. I'm just washing my face with Neutrogena Anti-Blemish Anti-Wrinkle Cleanser which contains glycolic acid and salicylic acid. I have not done any blood work for accutane yet because I am going to try to attack my acne from a hormonal angle before I try accutane again. As I have said before, spiro, yaz, and yasmin worked great for me in the past, but made my hair fall out. I am now going to try another anti-androgen birth control pill called belara which does not contain the same active ingredient as yasmin and yaz so I'm hopeful it will not make my hair fall out. I'll be starting that in two weeks when I finish my current pack of birth control. I'm also trying really hard not to pick at my skin. I'm considering getting acrylic nails put on to see if it will help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users