Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Epiduo Update Week 6 & 3 Days Into Week 7

2 posts in this topic

I am now into my 7th week of Epiduo.

About two days into the 6th week my skin looked sooo terrible. I had huge pimples and tons of breakouts. I thought my skin was about to get better but it just did a total 360. My skin was a little bit more red and drier. Towards the end of the week it started to clear up but I still have some of the scarring because the breakouts happened in clusters.

I ran out of my Loreal Paris Sensitive Skin face wash so I finally bought Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and it has def helped with the dryness. I could tell a dif after two washes.

I am now 3 days into week 7 and my skin looks way better at this point then when I began the Epiduo treatment. I am amazed bc my skin hasn't been this clear since before I started college. I hope I don't jinx myself. I really hope that from this point on my skin continues to get better. It still has a few tiny pimples and one large pimple but they are under the skin. I have some scarring, but it can easily be covered with makeup.

If anyone is using Epiduo, give it some time. I was totally gonna give up on it at 8 weeks, but I am gonna stick it out for now. If it is not working by itself try asking your derm for a topical antibiotic to use during the day to help with the severity of the breakouts. I only use Epiduo, but I am just going by what my derm told me. I just have to be careful of what I used topical wise because I have ulcerative colitis, and I can't use oral meds or birth control.

AM ROUTINE:

Wash with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

Pat Face to where it is still a little damp

Appy Covergirl Aquasmoothers Foundation or Covergirl Colorstay Foundation

PM ROUTINE:

Use Equate Makeup Wipes (at walmart--the ones out of the travel section work way better than the ones in the face wash section)

Wash with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

Pat Face to where it is still a little damp

Wait about 30 min to an 1 hr after shower to apply Epiduo....wait 30 min to 1 hr for it to soak in before going to bed

pics of acne? Epiduo was usless for me, and so were antibiotics, id say my acne is moderate, im going on accutane, i know the side effects but there are too many positives like acne never coming back again.