Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

what

#3 TheBigBernard

TheBigBernard

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

You know what Bubbles, I was actually feeling depressed over my acne today. But after reading your post, I'm happier than I've ever been in a very long time.

Why? Easy. You made me realize one simple and fundamental fact of life. Career, marriage, children... like anything worthwhile in life, they depend on your inner beauty. Never your outer beauty. Does your marriage/career/children disappear when you stop being beautiful? Of course not. Acne may make us ugly on the outside, but it's completely up to us to be ugly on the inside.

As for you, however, you're ugly outside and in.

#4 LeadingForce

LeadingForce

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:01 PM

bad vibe and only a fool would believe this

#5 DropsofJupiter7

DropsofJupiter7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

Your daily dose of inspiration kids..

#6 TemperateCent

TemperateCent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

See, I'm not the most negative person here.

#7 Avada Kedavra Acne

Avada Kedavra Acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:29 PM

Good!!!!!!!!! Atleast i wont be an ignorant asshole because that too last forever. :) 

Mind my french* me no speak the english well 

#8 Kim28

Kim28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:55 PM

Bubbles, why are you SO SAD? It makes me sad to think about how sad you must be.

Edited by Kim28, 20 April 2014 - 11:02 PM.

#9 LyannaStark

LyannaStark

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:40 AM

I agree that Acne is forever. Even when cured, you may have scars in your skin or your memory.. 

But the world isn't such a shallow place. People with acne are still able to have careers and find love. 

#10 Apple Blossom

Apple Blossom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

I get the sense bubbles doesn't have a whole lot going on....

#11 Sky13

Sky13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

My grandma had cystic acne and she has been married for over 50 years and has two children.

My dad also had cystic acne and my parents have been married for 30 years this July and they had me.

Having acne hasnt stopped them in life dont let it stop you.

Edited by Sky13, 21 April 2014 - 07:15 PM.

#12 Harry1993

Harry1993

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:57 PM

stfu you troll

#13 TheBigBernard

TheBigBernard

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:11 PM

Guys don't take Bubbles so seriously. She legitimately has a psychological problem and was/is undergoing professional treatment.

Almost all of her posts are negative/pathological. From what I've seen of her on this forum, Bubbles had:

- Verbally abused a girl with severe acne

- Wrote this vitriol (one of many)

- Described a forum member who advocated for diet changes as "batshit insane"

- Was extremely condescending towards other forum members (saying a PhD candidate got her degree from "degrassi high" because the candidate disagreed with Bubbles on the science of acne)

And this is just from the few months I've spent on this board. Personally I think she should be disciplined, or at the very least, discouraged from posting until she resolves her mental problems.

#14 LuckyDory

LuckyDory

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:15 PM

If I recall everything I have seen from bubbles has been way too heavy, depressing and negative and possibly some trolling or mental illness going on. Who knows, I know I am making great progress in my acne and other skin conditions by heavy research, persistence, diligence, and patience. 

I agree that there should be some repercussions for her actions. Imagine being a new member trying to familiarize yourself with this site and the advice that is has to offer and read her post first, what a buzz kill. If you have not been on here long enough to know otherwise, she could be doing some damage to the newcomers whom I am interested in trying to help. I am surprised that you have lasted this long on here, we should all go in and have bubbles banned until her posts are not detrimental to this forums evolution.  

Edited by LuckyDory, 13 May 2014 - 07:19 PM.

#15 TheBigBernard

TheBigBernard

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:27 PM

I get that she needs to vent. But there's a fine line between saying "I feel hopeless", and what she wrote above.

To the newcomers: Bubbles is basically this forum's crazy cat lady.

#16 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:21 PM

Hello everyone. I haven't been to the forum in ages. But I just wanted to report that I still have clear, pretty skin. I was one of the people who was on here feeling suicidal as recent as a couple of years ago. IT CAN AND DOES GET BETTER! You just have to find the right medication for you. I've been doing the regimen again for a couple of years now and my skin is crystal clear. I also got over an eating disorder *(related to trying to cure acne through diet) and started enjoying foods like cheese again. These two things made a big difference.

Please don't give up and please don't listen to bullshit like in the original post here. You are not born with acne and you will not have it your entire life. It's a condition that needs to be treated, just like any other medical condition.

#17 Josh*

Josh*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

I thought I was pessimistic, wow.

#18 bubbles55

bubbles55

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:03 PM

Hello everyone. I haven't been to the forum in ages. But I just wanted to report that I still have clear, pretty skin. I was one of the people who was on here feeling suicidal as recent as a couple of years ago. IT CAN AND DOES GET BETTER! You just have to find the right medication for you. I've been doing the regimen again for a couple of years now and my skin is crystal clear. I also got over an eating disorder *(related to trying to cure acne through diet) and started enjoying foods like cheese again. These two things made a big difference.

Please don't give up and please don't listen to bullshit like in the original post here. You are not born with acne and you will not have it your entire life. It's a condition that needs to be treated, just like any other medical condition.

Your acne will come back. SAHRRY YA'LL (I see you're from the south)

#19 bubbles55

bubbles55

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:52 PM

Guys don't take Bubbles so seriously. She legitimately has a psychological problem and was/is undergoing professional treatment.

Almost all of her posts are negative/pathological. From what I've seen of her on this forum, Bubbles had:

- Verbally abused a girl with severe acne

- Wrote this vitriol (one of many)

- Described a forum member who advocated for diet changes as "batshit insane"

- Was extremely condescending towards other forum members (saying a PhD candidate got her degree from "degrassi high" because the candidate disagreed with Bubbles on the science of acne)

And this is just from the few months I've spent on this board. Personally I think she should be disciplined, or at the very least, discouraged from posting until she resolves her mental problems.

- People severe acne should stay in their homes. She was asking for it by coming out in public.

- What I write is not vitriol it is simply my opinion

- That forum member is actually a troll (alternavista or whatever)

- That girl with a "PHD" is a Canadian and says ABOOT, Eh and SOREY. Canucks can't even pronounce simple words, how do you expect one to attain a PHD? Canadian university is like  a special education classroom.

Edited by bubbles55, 18 May 2014 - 04:53 PM.

#20 sweetpea97

sweetpea97

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:56 PM

Acne can certainly be chronic but to suggest that a person will never marry and never become anything due to their acne is rather ridiculous. Even aggressive acne can be "controlled" (not cured) or markedly lessened by a oral medication or topical regimen. While there is no cure there is effective management strategies as with any inflammatory disease.

Edited by sweetpea97, 18 May 2014 - 09:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users