Photo

Healing Acne Holistically, Documenting On Youtube

diet candida holistic health acne youtube naturopath food allergies inflammation anxiety depression

10 replies to this topic

#1 HolisticHealthJournal

HolisticHealthJournal

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Health

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

Hi, my name is PJ, I'm 24, and I've had severe acne and anxiety for the past 10 years, since I was 14. I've been documenting my healing journey on YouTube for the past 9 months. - http://www.youtube.c...HolisticHealthJ - I want to share my story with the acne.org community. If you're a person who feels like you've done everything to try and cure your acne, you've tried all the creams and topicals, you eat really healthy, you get sunshine, you exercise, you do all the things the health guru's tell you and you still have acne, then my story should be able to help you.

To make a long story short:  I spent 1 whole year trying to cure my acne on my own naturally and holistically through diet, supplements, exercise and stress reduction. I switched my skincare routine to honey and natural oils, I cut out all the common food allergies from my diet, even went raw vegan for a few months, then paleo for even longer, saw a naturopathic doctor who gave me tons of supplements, and spent thousands of dollars on organic foods and supplements. After 10 months my skin had only slightly improved, but my anxiety and depression got worse.

In August 2013 (when I started documenting on YouTube) I saw a new naturopathic doctor. But this doctor was different in that he practices functional medicine. I got a bunch of tests done which revealed the actual causes of my suffering. The tests revealed a severe candida yeast overgrowth, 20 hidden food allergies, low testosterone (80 year old man level), low thyroid, leaky gut syndrome, scoliosis, and low vitamin D. He explained how candida yeast, food allergies and inflammation causes acne, hormonal imbalances, anxiety, brain fog, fatigue, and everything else.  Finally I had an answer as to why I was getting worse instead of better. The candida overgrowth is the first thing that needs to be taken care of. Diet alone is not enough to cure yourself if you have a candida overgrowth. I always knew about candida, but I never thought I had it, and I never knew how common it is. So basically I spent 15 months completely unaware of this candida overgrowth, and that's why I never got better. I am currently treating this candida with the an antifungal and on an anti candida diet which excludes the foods that feed candida. I'm documenting everything on my YouTube channel, from what I'm eating, the supplements I'm taking, and how I'm feeling. My acne has already gotten a lot better.

This is my short story. My full story is on my Facebook page under the about section:

https://www.facebook...icHealthJournal
Also in the older videos on my channel I explain a lot more about my story and what I've been through:
https://www.youtube....HolisticHealthJ

I continue to update on my situation, what I'm doing, and the results. I am only doing this to help people. I'm not trying to teach you anything or tell you what to do. I'm just telling you my story and documenting what I'm doing, hoping it helps the people who are going through the same things. Thank you for reading my story, and feel free to subscribe to me on YouTube, and send me a message. I will respond. Lets get healthy together!

#2 LeadingForce

LeadingForce

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:01 PM

keep fighting!

btw did your parents have acne ?

#3 HolisticHealthJournal

HolisticHealthJournal

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:40 AM

keep fighting!

btw did your parents have acne ?

Thanks.

My dad had acne when he was a teenager, but it cleared up by age 18. 

#4 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

Good job! Did you used to eat a lot of processed foods in the past?

How are you planning on healing leaky gut? 

Depression has been linked to mineral and vitamin deficiencies,  particularly vitamin D, so if you up your vitamin D levels that might help. Also, your estrogen might be off balance (too high possibly) if your testosterone is that low, which can also affect your mood. Ask your doctor about DIM, it works for both men and women to promote healthier testosterone and estrogen metabolism. Maybe when your candida is better you can add that to the list.

Great progress so far :)

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#5 NearlyDefeated

NearlyDefeated

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:28 AM

WishClean

What is DIM?  That sounds interesting.  Is this something you can only get on prescription?

#6 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:00 PM

WishClean

What is DIM?  That sounds interesting.  Is this something you can only get on prescription?

No prescription necessary. It's a concentrate made from broccoli. Look it up, it's interesting stuff.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

#7 LeadingForce

LeadingForce

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:34 PM

i take dim it cleared my hormonal acne 

#8 NearlyDefeated

NearlyDefeated

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:50 AM

Thanks for that.  I have researched it and yes, interesting stuff indeed :)

WishClean

No prescription necessary. It's a concentrate made from broccoli. Look it up, it's interesting stuff.

#9 HolisticHealthJournal

HolisticHealthJournal

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:17 PM

Good job! Did you used to eat a lot of processed foods in the past?

How are you planning on healing leaky gut? 

Depression has been linked to mineral and vitamin deficiencies,  particularly vitamin D, so if you up your vitamin D levels that might help. Also, your estrogen might be off balance (too high possibly) if your testosterone is that low, which can also affect your mood. Ask your doctor about DIM, it works for both men and women to promote healthier testosterone and estrogen metabolism. Maybe when your candida is better you can add that to the list.

Great progress so far smile.png

Hey sorry for the late reply. Yes, up until November 2012 I ate like crap my entire life.

To heal leaky gut I'm avoiding all my food allergies and killing this candida overgrowth with the antifungal nystatin, as well as a more specific diet that avoids all grains and fruit. I made a video about my exact diet: 

For vitamin D I've been on 10,000 IU for 9 months and get sunlight every day that it's sunny. I feel like that's enough vitamin D to get my levels up there.

My estrogen is not off balance or high. But I have taken DIM before in high doses. It seemed to clear my skin a bit at first, but after that I started breaking out as always.

So yeah, healing from this candida overgrowth and leaky gut is really what I need to do, and It's what I am doing. This is the video summarizing my treatment protocol:

Thanks for the response!

#10 LuckyDory

LuckyDory

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:27 PM

I'm so glad that you are on here now! I have been following your journey for a long time now on youtube as I have a lot of the same issues. I was actually going to pm you on youtube last night. dude, you are so close to beating this thing I feel like i'm going through the journey with you and can see that you care on the last stretch to triumph. 

#11 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:25 PM

Do you not get hungry on your diet? What do you typically eat every day?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users