Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Healing Acne Holistically, Documenting On Youtube

11 posts in this topic

Hi, my name is PJ, I'm 24, and I've had severe acne and anxiety for the past 10 years, since I was 14. I've been documenting my healing journey on YouTube for the past 9 months. - http://www.youtube.com/user/HolisticHealthJ - I want to share my story with the acne.org community. If you're a person who feels like you've done everything to try and cure your acne, you've tried all the creams and topicals, you eat really healthy, you get sunshine, you exercise, you do all the things the health guru's tell you and you still have acne, then my story should be able to help you.

To make a long story short: I spent 1 whole year trying to cure my acne on my own naturally and holistically through diet, supplements, exercise and stress reduction. I switched my skincare routine to honey and natural oils, I cut out all the common food allergies from my diet, even went raw vegan for a few months, then paleo for even longer, saw a naturopathic doctor who gave me tons of supplements, and spent thousands of dollars on organic foods and supplements. After 10 months my skin had only slightly improved, but my anxiety and depression got worse.

In August 2013 (when I started documenting on YouTube) I saw a new naturopathic doctor. But this doctor was different in that he practices functional medicine. I got a bunch of tests done which revealed the actual causes of my suffering. The tests revealed a severe candida yeast overgrowth, 20 hidden food allergies, low testosterone (80 year old man level), low thyroid, leaky gut syndrome, scoliosis, and low vitamin D. He explained how candida yeast, food allergies and inflammation causes acne, hormonal imbalances, anxiety, brain fog, fatigue, and everything else. Finally I had an answer as to why I was getting worse instead of better. The candida overgrowth is the first thing that needs to be taken care of. Diet alone is not enough to cure yourself if you have a candida overgrowth. I always knew about candida, but I never thought I had it, and I never knew how common it is. So basically I spent 15 months completely unaware of this candida overgrowth, and that's why I never got better. I am currently treating this candida with the an antifungal and on an anti candida diet which excludes the foods that feed candida. I'm documenting everything on my YouTube channel, from what I'm eating, the supplements I'm taking, and how I'm feeling. My acne has already gotten a lot better.

This is my short story. My full story is on my Facebook page under the about section:

https://www.facebook.com/HolisticHealthJournal

Also in the older videos on my channel I explain a lot more about my story and what I've been through:

https://www.youtube.com/user/HolisticHealthJ

I continue to update on my situation, what I'm doing, and the results. I am only doing this to help people. I'm not trying to teach you anything or tell you what to do. I'm just telling you my story and documenting what I'm doing, hoping it helps the people who are going through the same things. Thank you for reading my story, and feel free to subscribe to me on YouTube, and send me a message. I will respond. Lets get healthy together!

3 people like this

Good job! Did you used to eat a lot of processed foods in the past?

How are you planning on healing leaky gut?

Depression has been linked to mineral and vitamin deficiencies, particularly vitamin D, so if you up your vitamin D levels that might help. Also, your estrogen might be off balance (too high possibly) if your testosterone is that low, which can also affect your mood. Ask your doctor about DIM, it works for both men and women to promote healthier testosterone and estrogen metabolism. Maybe when your candida is better you can add that to the list.

Great progress so far :)

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**

WishClean

What is DIM? That sounds interesting. Is this something you can only get on prescription?

WishClean

What is DIM? That sounds interesting. Is this something you can only get on prescription?

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**

Thanks for that. I have researched it and yes, interesting stuff indeed :)

WishClean

No prescription necessary. It's a concentrate made from broccoli. Look it up, it's interesting stuff.

Good job! Did you used to eat a lot of processed foods in the past?

How are you planning on healing leaky gut?

Depression has been linked to mineral and vitamin deficiencies, particularly vitamin D, so if you up your vitamin D levels that might help. Also, your estrogen might be off balance (too high possibly) if your testosterone is that low, which can also affect your mood. Ask your doctor about DIM, it works for both men and women to promote healthier testosterone and estrogen metabolism. Maybe when your candida is better you can add that to the list.

Great progress so far

I'm so glad that you are on here now! I have been following your journey for a long time now on youtube as I have a lot of the same issues. I was actually going to pm you on youtube last night. dude, you are so close to beating this thing I feel like i'm going through the journey with you and can see that you care on the last stretch to triumph.

Do you not get hungry on your diet? What do you typically eat every day?

Grocery list: