2 replies to this topic

#1 Green_Vegetable_Man

Green_Vegetable_Man

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2004 - 12:33 AM

It is referred to in the Bible as brimstone and it is the fourth most abundant mineral in the body, but sulphur is often forgotten as a crucial element in health, including that of our skin and nails. This vital mineral is a constituent of keratin and collagen - substances in skin, nails and hair.

Sulphur is God of acne tratments.

Sulphur is part of Collagen.

Sulphur is a natural treatment.

Our body needs sulphur.

Sulphur is an exfolient, a bacteria killer and one of the most tolerable substances.

I have dried my skin with sulphur to the extent that no bacteria can survive without the moisture of sebum.

Sulphur does not make skin red or cause cancer. No need to moisturise.

All blackheads have vanished on my nose in two weeks. I had the sulphur mask on day and night 24 hours a day, all days of the week.

As probably all people know, sulfur is very famous element. People from very early time knew it. It was used in China for so-called "burning arrows". Sulfur was source for treatment of many diseases by Greeks and Arabians. In time of Arabic chemistry, scientists in East countries used sulfur for air-conditioning of temples. One of the earliest ideas about substance was idea that all substances consist of few elements including sulfur.
In the Mid Ages sulfur was fully discovered by French scientist Antony L. Lavoisier, who included it to the list of non-metals in 1789. And, in 1822 Russian scientist E. Micherlich fully discovered its characteristics.
Now sulfur is very abundant substance and is very useful by humans. First of all sulfur is used as pesticide in the breeding of wine, cotton, grape, etc. When added to the special types of rubber, it makes it more hard and elastic. Of cause, sulfur is the main source for manufacturing sulfuric acid, which is also very useful in agriculture. Sulfur is used for manufacturing matches, gunpowder, and known by everyone luminous materials. Also, sulfur is used for producing sulfa drugs. So it is seen that sulfur is one of the most useful substances in manufacturing, agriculture and production of different useful materials.
Sulfur is hard, brittle substance, yellow colour. There are several kinds of sulfur, which have different physical properties, though they are the same element. By different methods these types of sulfur can be received. The examples of these types are rhombic sulfur and cuneiform sulfur. One of the types can be dissolved in water, but another cannot. Sulfur can react with many elements, because it has different valences +4, +6, and 2. It can react with oxygen and different acids, what makes it very strong reactant. The density of sulfur is 2.07g/cm3 and the melting point is 119.3o C. The boiling point of the sulfur is 444.6o C (if it is quickly cooled, it changes to crystals cuneiform shape). Sulfur is bad conductor of heat and electricity. It has different isotopes such as 3216 S, 3316 S, 3416 S, and 3616 S. Sulfur is the part of the strongest acid- sulfuric acid.
In the periodic table sulfur is in the Family of oxygen (16th group). It consists of oxygen (O), sulfur (S), selenium (Se), and polonium (Po) (The last one is the radioactive element). All elements in the group are non-metals. Most elements (except oxygen) have valences +4 and +6, and sometimes have valence 2. These elements are very good reactants, because of their special configurations of electron clouds. They are bad conductors of heat and electricity, as all non-metals.
The oxygen is the most abundant element in the Earth. It is very good reagent, and can make oxides with almost all elements. It is a gas without smell or colour. Because of its ability to react, it is very important for all living things.
The selenium and the tellurium are very rare elements, which can be found in many compounds with sulfur. They can also make compounds with many metals.
Polonium is radioactive element, and mostly hasnt been discovered in chemistry.
Sulfur can be found in great amounts in USA and Italy. It is also very abundant along the coasts of Russia and Ukraine (such as Crimea, Baltic Sea, etc.) In nature sulfur mostly occur in sulfuric salts, such as Na2SO4 or K2S. In organisms of animals sulfur is found in organic compounds, such as amino acids, proteins, enzymes, etc. or in non-organic compounds that are in blood, urine, saliva, milk, etc. For plants all sulfuric acids salts (SO4 2) are the most important nutrients.
There are a lot of interesting (and sometimes unknown for everybody) facts about sulfur. One of them tells us that when heated, at 160oC, sulfur becomes brown liquid, but between 190o- 300oC, its density becomes bigger and it becomes more viscose. Sulfur is the part of the sulfuric acid (H2SO4 ), the strongest acid. It makes it so strong by "catching" four atoms of oxygen. (Sulfur can do this becomes of its big valence).

Sulfur is widely used for acne treatment, or any treatment of the skin. You've heard of the famous sulfur bathes? Sulfur has a way to naturally heal problem skin. It drys skin that is too oily. It is used in areas of the world where bacteria and fungus is a problem. These germs hate sulfur!

#2 TheGhostofHueyLewis

TheGhostofHueyLewis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2004 - 12:42 AM

mmmmm... nothing says 'goodbye acne' like the insufferable stench of rotten eggs on your face! biggrin.gif

#3 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2004 - 02:51 PM

You had the sulfer mask on all day and all night? ALL WEEK?
What the hell? How do you leave the house? How do you go to work or school?
We need plans that work with REAL LIFE.
Sure sulfer can help, but leaving it on your face that long, I'm sorry but I don't see how that could be healthy. eusa_think.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users