Just Accepting It

20 replies to this topic

#1 TemperateCent

TemperateCent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

I'm just going to accept that I'm going to be ugly and at a disadvantage for the rest of my life because of acne.

@TemperateCent ; . The reason you still have acne is because you deserve it. 

#2 Kim28

Kim28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

Sorry you feel this way.

Edited by Kim28, 18 April 2014 - 07:45 PM.

#3 TemperateCent

TemperateCent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

Sorry you feel this way.

I liked your original post better before it was edited. cry.gif

#4 LostKey

LostKey

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:33 AM

Mostly everyone is at some or the other disadvantage in life. I totally get how you feel though. 
I think accepting is great, because now you can move on to worrying how to make the best of the life you've been given :)

#5 Kim28

Kim28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

I thought about it and decided it was a little harsh. I'm not the nicest person in the world - but not too evil either.

I have been a little frustrated by some of the super negative posts you have had on here. However, I remembered that I have been in some seriously shitty places because of acne before. Not wanting to leave the house, wondering if I would be so scarred I would look odd forever, thinking I would never find a way out, etc, etc. So maybe I shouldn't be so quick to judge.

Have you exhausted all your options? Sometimes you have to do that to find the solution. Personally I have used Accutane and hormone therapy to get my situation under control. I did have a flare up from Oct '13 - Feb '14, and had to do a second round of Accutane, but otherwise I have been clear for the past ten years. There were points when I thought that would never be possible (in my early twenties, trying every topical known to man), but I got there.

So, I'm sorry for being an ass. Glad you enjoyed it, though.

;)

#6 anthonykell

anthonykell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I want to help people who have acne and are suffering because of it. I had acne as a teen and an adult but thankfully cured it completely. If you need any help, please send me a message.

www.MyAcneGuide.org

Achievements

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

Hi TemperateCent,

Everyone has something they wish to change. For some, it's physical, for others it's emotional or psychological. Some people can't change.

However, your acne will get better with time and a positive outlook. I know it's tough, but try to stay positive.

What treatment have you tried?

#7 k3tchup

k3tchup

Registered Nurse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:patient care, teaching, learning, interesting patients, quality discussions

Music, movies, occasional book.

Achievements

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

Sorry you feel this way.

How ever it was put, this says it best.

Nurses quietly go about their work in a noble profession, uncelebrated soldiers toiling through the days and nights in service to the sick, the injured and the dying. 

#8 TemperateCent

TemperateCent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:44 PM

I thought about it and decided it was a little harsh. I'm not the nicest person in the world - but not too evil either.

I have been a little frustrated by some of the super negative posts you have had on here. However, I remembered that I have been in some seriously shitty places because of acne before. Not wanting to leave the house, wondering if I would be so scarred I would look odd forever, thinking I would never find a way out, etc, etc. So maybe I shouldn't be so quick to judge.

Have you exhausted all your options? Sometimes you have to do that to find the solution. Personally I have used Accutane and hormone therapy to get my situation under control. I did have a flare up from Oct '13 - Feb '14, and had to do a second round of Accutane, but otherwise I have been clear for the past ten years. There were points when I thought that would never be possible (in my early twenties, trying every topical known to man), but I got there.

So, I'm sorry for being an ass. Glad you enjoyed it, though.

wink.png

Hi TemperateCent,

Everyone has something they wish to change. For some, it's physical, for others it's emotional or psychological. Some people can't change.

However, your acne will get better with time and a positive outlook. I know it's tough, but try to stay positive.

What treatment have you tried?

Accutane is my only option left.

#9 Hockeyfan99

Hockeyfan99

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:59 PM

K with all due respect stop thinking in such a negative way

There is no point in stressing over acne because as much as we all want it go away it won't. We have to carry on. I am sure your not ugly. There is someone for everyone and you can take that to the bank. People shouldn't judge someone on acne because we didn't ask for it.

If someone rejected me that I wanted in my life because of my acne I would tell not to let the door it them on the way out of my life

Sorry but being negative won't get you anywhere at least being positive and doing new things will at least get you somewhere

Edited by Hockeyfan99, 19 April 2014 - 11:00 PM.

#10 TemperateCent

TemperateCent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:24 AM

K with all due respect stop thinking in such a negative way

There is no point in stressing over acne because as much as we all want it go away it won't. We have to carry on. I am sure your not ugly. There is someone for everyone and you can take that to the bank. People shouldn't judge someone on acne because we didn't ask for it.

If someone rejected me that I wanted in my life because of my acne I would tell not to let the door it them on the way out of my life

Sorry but being negative won't get you anywhere at least being positive and doing new things will at least get you somewhere

Plenty of people have told me that I look really bad with acne. I was positive for awhile with acne but I realized that it got me nowhere and I started getting more upset about it because it has gotten more severe. My whole face is severely scarred from acne. I might as well be realistic about it now instead of pretending it's not a big deal.

Lately I haven't even felt that upset over it, though. I just accept that this is how I look and people do judge you based on it.

#11 Kim28

Kim28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:05 PM

Why not try Accutane?

#12 TemperateCent

TemperateCent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

Why not try Accutane?

Side effects

#13 panicjack

panicjack

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:50 AM

If you just now have the acne on your face then it is not the end of your world. You just need take an action to control it i know how it is hard but you shouldn't worry your money. You dont absolutely want to get any acne scars do you? This will scare you more. 

#14 TemperateCent

TemperateCent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:30 PM

If you just now have the acne on your face then it is not the end of your world. You just need take an action to control it i know how it is hard but you shouldn't worry your money. You dont absolutely want to get any acne scars do you? This will scare you more. 

I have severe acne scars all over my skin.

#15 Kim28

Kim28

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:28 PM

The side effects are greatly over rated. That's only my opinion, of course.

#16 panicjack

panicjack

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

I have severe acne scars all over my skin.

Then we are same. I can't act like I am okay with my scars. I'm sorry can't make you feel better. I hope someone might help you soon..

#17 faceandlms

faceandlms

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:47 PM

The side effects for 10ml/day are virtually unnoticable. 

#18 Robertitoo

Robertitoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

What does your scarring look like? Link an image

#19 panicjack

panicjack

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

Kim.. Why the hell did you put colorblind test img? You remind me like a worst person in the world. I'm a colorblind but have also scarred face. I'm lack of social skill , and the condition becomes much much worse with additional problem that  it's difficult for colorblind to find any field of science in any university with a hope to avoid a social contact in the future job. I'm like a rubbish and useless. 

Edited by panicjack, 26 April 2014 - 07:46 AM.

#20 anafiona

anafiona

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:55 AM

I'm just going to accept that I'm going to be ugly and at a disadvantage for the rest of my life because of acne.

you are so wrong if you think in that way.  How old are you, btw?

If you feel insecure because of acne , watch this  vid:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users