31 replies to this topic

#21 P1nky

P1nky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:35 PM

Day 20
Am having some serious pmt bloating today...how does my body know it's 10 days till my period when I'm on the pill? Thought the pill over rid my own hormones...only month two I guess so maybe in time this will diminish.

Am scared this means I'm in for a breakout too...I mean I still have small pink spots over the right side of my chin, hope it doesn't get worse!

Am on holiday in a week so wishing to anyone listening that my skin can be decent for it, fingers crossed.

The spot by my ear has gone down a bit already so all in all an ok day today, not clear but not a disaster

Day 20 pics

I swear I'm not crazy there are spots, they are more visible in daylight, will try and take some outside in the daytime

Is looking better thoughimage.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#22 P1nky

P1nky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:15 AM

Day 21
Not starting out so positive today, woke up to a few more spots, they are on the left side of my chin/lip and a couple small ones on my nose. These actually bother me more than the right side of my chin as, least when the rest of my face is clear I don't feel so bad. The big spot by my ear is huge again today and sore...what is it? How can it go down one day and be back again with vengeance the next day. Really feeling down and deflated today, just want to cry, spots and pmt = miserable

#23 P1nky

P1nky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:37 PM

Day 21 cont
So the breakouts continue, more on the right side of my chin and a little one on my forehead...what a difference a day makes...all positivity gone yet again...I want off this acne roller coaster :(

Day 21 picsimage.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#24 P1nky

P1nky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

Day 22
Pmt pain carrying on, more small spots sprouting up...boo :( skin has a general blah look. As I have freckles some of the spots aren't noticeable unless the light shines a certain way...small mercies! Am getting more spots on my forehead where I vary rarely break out so a little concerned about that, hoping for some relief in a week when I'm due on, or for all my spots to magically disappear overnight and wake up to beautiful clear skin and whilst I'm fantasising I would also like a unicorn and to be a mermaid! :)

#25 P1nky

P1nky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

Day 24
So not really sure how I feel about my skin today, I have a few little skin coloured bumps by my left temple and the sides of my chin, they aren't big or red but my skin feels and looks lumpy. I have a 5 mile fun run tomorrow and am feeling really anxious about it, but literally just because I'm worried about the state of my skin...urgh I hate how my brain works and I hate my skin and how it affects every little bit of my life

#26 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

Day 24
So not really sure how I feel about my skin today, I have a few little skin coloured bumps by my left temple and the sides of my chin, they aren't big or red but my skin feels and looks lumpy. I have a 5 mile fun run tomorrow and am feeling really anxious about it, but literally just because I'm worried about the state of my skin...urgh I hate how my brain works and I hate my skin and how it affects every little bit of my life

I feel you on the whole anxiety thing.  I find though that keeping busy helps a ton and not looking for day to day differences helps.  With the Regimen, prepare to have iffy skin for 3 months.  Even up to my 3rd month i was contemplating quitting.  Between my 3rd and 4th month was when things took a turn for the better.

It will get easier.

Enjoy your 5K and remember to wear tons of sunscreen

#27 ifeelugly

ifeelugly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

I think you are over reacting. The pimples font even show. Trust me I rather have your skin

#28 P1nky

P1nky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:22 AM

I think you are over reacting. The pimples font even show. Trust me I rather have your skin

I probably am over reacting but I can't seem to stop the anxiety I have about my skin, it's not something I want to feel but whilst my skin is very up and down so is my mood

#29 P1nky

P1nky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

Day 25
So today was my run, I was sooo nervous this morning but it was great fun and I really enjoyed doing it and 5 miles (8k) in 50 minutes wasn't too shabby. Skin wise it's pretty much the same but a bit sore after the run. Next big thing is my holiday to Greece with my boys, feeling excited but nervous all at the same time, going bare faced and rocking a bikini is a bit scary but be nice to have a fun time with my family. My five year old is super excited!
Here's some pics in a different lightimage.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#30 ifeelugly

ifeelugly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

I hear you on that ..I think there might be some underlying things bothering you and your acne is the vessel. My face used to trigger my anxiety but I realized that I was unhappy with my life in general and having clear skin validated me somehow

I probably am over reacting but I can't seem to stop the anxiety I have about my skin, it's not something I want to feel but whilst my skin is very up and down so is my mood

#31 P1nky

P1nky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:37 PM

Day 38 (I think!)
So it's been a while since I last posted. I have been on a lovely sunny holiday to Greece.
My skin has not benefited from the break, in fact had a few breakouts whilst away and now my skin is super dry and flakey too. Not a happy bunny.
I go to see a dermatologist for the first time on Tuesday so I'm trying to stay positive til then to see if they can help.
I currently have a healing big papule on my right jaw line and two red spots on the left side of my chin, with marks from previous spots still visible. The dryness means make ups look rubbish too so I'm stuck in a no win situation at the moment. Anyway if anyone is reading this I hope you are all happy and well x

#32 P1nky

P1nky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:52 AM

Day 41
So I actually saw a derm today and I'm glad I did. Typically my skin is looking quite good today but she was nice and understanding and helped a lot. She prescribed me Duac. She says as my acne is most inflammatory that the combo of benzoyl peroxide and antibiotic would be a good choice and as I have been having some success with benzoyl peroxide I'm hoping that this will work for me, so I guess this will now be a Duac log and not a regimen log

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users