44 replies to this topic

#41 Crimson Storm

Crimson Storm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

Day 60 - Two months down!
Yay! 1/3 of the journey cleared. Indeed had quite the breakout before this month's present from mother nature. My face isn't a lovely sight, but it actually looks the same as when I just got on the pills. I was hoping to see some results by now, but I guess I'll have to wait a bit more.
A weird new side effect(?) I noticed lately is that it take A LOT LONGER for bruises to heal. I get bruises really easily (and I don't even notice), but it takes forever for them to heal. I'm all black-and-blue and I wonder if it has something to do with Accutane?
Gonna do a blood test in about a week and then schedule an appointment with my derm. Still pretty sure I'm going to be prescribed a higher dose because I can't really see any drastic changes.

P.S.
20140605_1629261.jpg
excuse my while i sniff them all until I'm high on lovely smells

Edited by Crimson Storm, 05 June 2014 - 07:36 AM.

#42 lastcenturion

lastcenturion

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:12 AM

hehe you're making me want to get eos lip balms! i've bought so many hoping to find THE ONE so i can't buy anymore :< i'm glad everything's starting to get better (or like back to normal AND THEN BETTER). i was looking through my old pics when my initial break out was SUPER BAD and i was just admiring the fact i went outside like every day bc it just looked so terrible. looking back on it now i want to give myself a hug. i hope everything goes well :)

#43 Crimson Storm

Crimson Storm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

hehe you're making me want to get eos lip balms! i've bought so many hoping to find THE ONE so i can't buy anymore :< i'm glad everything's starting to get better (or like back to normal AND THEN BETTER). i was looking through my old pics when my initial break out was SUPER BAD and i was just admiring the fact i went outside like every day bc it just looked so terrible. looking back on it now i want to give myself a hug. i hope everything goes well smile.png

Oh man, I know how you feel. I've bought around 5 or 6 lip balms before finding EOS, but I absolutely can't use them because they irritate my lips so much. If you ever run out, be sure to check the EOS ones! I don't use makeup so I guess that makes me used to going outside in such a terrible shape. I mean, what's another one or two pimples when it's always like that? I've been looking at your pics from when you were around my day count and your skin just looks a LOT better than mine. YOU LUCKY LITTLE THING, YOU.

Day 70
It feels like it's taking AGES for pimples to heal. My cheeks are all inflamed and bumpy, and I'm trying not to look in the mirror too much. The fact that I'm graduating tomorrow doesn't help either, but at least I'll be unofficially done with the whole high school horror show. Pretty sure nightmares about failing exams are going to haunt me until retirement, this poop is scarring. EVEN MORE SCARRING THAN HUMONGOUS ZITS. 
My derm appointment is on the 29th, so I PRAY TO THE CLEAR SKIN/ACNE GODS TO SHOW ME SOME RESULTS UNTIL THEM. Amen and bless Jesus. Also Moses. And Ahmed. Buddha too.
Have a great weekend, lovelies. Hopefully, you're in a less scar®y condition than I am!

#44 Petrichor Murmurs

Petrichor Murmurs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Getting rid of acne, studying, reading good books and cuddling cats.

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:46 AM

Congrats on graduation!

About the bruise-issue, I know what you mean, having thin skin that already bruises easily, being clumsy, and now on accutane. I look like a human punching bag. If I ever have to cross off skincolour/ethnicity on a form I'm gonna cross off blue, or purple. Hope you continue to do well and get the higher dosage! eusa_clap.gif Go Crimson!

#45 Crimson Storm

Crimson Storm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

Whoop, there we go
It's been a gazillion years since I've last updated. Its currently day (pauses to use calculator) (I'm dead serious) 154! Holy poop, that's a lot of days. 
Sooo, yeah. things are a lot better now. My skin is 99.8% bump-less and the only thing that still looks bad is the redness and spots, but I guess it'll calm down one day. My appointment is in the end of the month so whether I'll be getting one more month or being done will only be decided then.
Lip-wise, haven't noticed any problems since getting the EOS. BLESS.
Moisturizer-wise... Okay, story time. So, I visited England about a month ago and for some reason I WAS SO DRY. AS DRY AS THE SAHARA DESERT. English people, what the heck? How do people on Accutane even survive there? Back to our story: I took my (shitty) moisturizer with me in a small container so I wouldn't have to carry the entire lies filled one. LONG STORY SHORT, I couldn't open the goddamn container so I smashed it on a wall and it went everywhere. Pretty sure there are still some white stains on the floor and perhaps some plastic shards because I couldn't find half of the container later. I had to buy a new moisturizer and I discovered Nivea's daily essentials(?) moisturizer thingy. It's really nice on your skin and doesn't leave you looking like Casper the friendly ghost! Too bad I only found it when I'm almost done with the course, because I'd have totally used it from the beginning.
I also got sun burnt in Thorpe Park which is probably not so great, but at least I had fun eh?

That's probably it for now. I'll try to update the log more frequently and not be a lazy butt.
BYE FRIENDS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users