curatane first time

44 replies to this topic

#1 Crimson Storm

Crimson Storm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

The topic title makes me both happy and extremely sad at the same time. Eh.

ANYHOO, HEYA!
Let's dive right into the story, shall we? Well, it all began when I was born... No, kidding, a newborn baby with a face full of volca-coughcough-acne would be kind of scary, don't you think?
So... yeah. I kinda had acne since early teenage years. It was never bad, just a zit here and there. BUT THEN HIGH SCHOOL HAPPENED. I mean, aren't those 3 years (not from the US, by the way) of torture enough? Isn't sacrificing my precious sleep hours enough? DO YOU WANT TO SEE BLOOD?! HUH?!
The first two years it was kind of mild, temporary treatment did the deed, and I even tried pills in... uh... 10th grade? but I stopped taking them because I was too impatient and I didn't see any results or normal changes (the ones you'd expect like dryness etc.). Then again, I was diagnosed with depression (and was on anti-depressants) in 9th grade so the derm refused to give me the "normal" pills "normal" people take (what is normal anyway?).
Now, I'm 18 and halfway into my senior year of high school, and everything went BALLISTIC about half a year+ ago. Not gonna go into much detail, but listen carefully kids, when they tell you not to pop them nasty pimples - LISTEN. Because, yeah, the scars are there. They're not going anywhere, like those annoying upstairs neighbors with those wild kids that stomp all over your ceiling. ONLY IT'S YOUR FACE.

Back to the topic we're all (basically just me) here for: ~the magic pills~
Like I said earlier, I tried all kinds of lotions, creams, soaps and even natural face masks - none of them helped. Well, except the honey and cinnamon mask, it helped... MY HUNGER.
I went to the dermatologist almost a week ago and he just looked at me when I got in and said firmly: "Roaccutane. Here are 3 prescriptions and a blood test referral, see you in 3 months."
Annnnnnd... Here I am, 6 days after starting it. My lips started to dry a bit, but I use Vaseline for that. Works wonders!
WAIT I FORGOT I'M ON 20MG OF CURATANE (I looked it up and it's basically another name for Accutane or whatev)

Hopefully, I'll be one of those lucky butts that see results after two months.
My luck just looked at me firmly and whispered "No."
help

#2 lastcenturion

lastcenturion

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:22 PM

Ooh we're about the same age on the same dosage. I'm around day 39 or smth but my acne has gotten 100% worse :(

I'll keep reading your log as you go through your journey! Good luck :)

#3 megtree

megtree

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Everything! Seriously.

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:38 PM

Holy crapola you are the funniest 18 year old I have ever had the pleasure of communicating with, other than myself when I was 18...duh! I was THE coolest. But seriously -
Good luck and keep us posted!

My Accutane log (with pictures):

http://www.acne.org/...r-accutane-log/

26 y/o female- approx. 54kg
Absorica -40 mg, 1 daily, December 26, 2013 - February, 25, 2014

Absorica - 60 mg, 1 daily. February 26, 2014 -
Probiotic - 1 daily
Fish oil supplement w/ vit D - 1 daily

Morning:

Cetaphil cleanser

Food Grade Rose water - Toner

La Roche Posay Mineral Water Spray
Vichy 50+ Capital Soleil Cream for Sensitive Skin

Night:
Cetaphil Cleanser

Food grade Rose Water - Toner

Aveeno Positively Radiant intensive night cream

Cerave Facial Moisturizing Lotion- PM

Cerave Moisturizing cream
Avene Cicalfate (as needed)

#4 Crimson Storm

Crimson Storm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:17 AM

Ooh we're about the same age on the same dosage. I'm around day 39 or smth but my acne has gotten 100% worse sad.png

I'll keep reading your log as you go through your journey! Good luck smile.png

Hello lovely! I'm so sad to hear about it getting worse, but I hope you'll get a clear break soon!
Good luck to you too and remember, WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER *jumps on a table and starts singing a high school musical medley*

Holy crapola you are the funniest 18 year old I have ever had the pleasure of communicating with, other than myself when I was 18...duh! I was THE coolest. But seriously -
Good luck and keep us posted!

WOWIE OH NO WHAT ARE YOU EVEN BLESS YOUR SOUL. Usually the only person I make laugh is myself because of many of my inside jokes. With myself. WELL AREN'T I DEPRESSING. It's actually your log that motivated me to start this one because you got so much support. Wouldn't hurt with my face... condition... yeah. I actually stalked your log and had a good giggle/laugh more than once! Thank you and I shall!

DAY 7 WHOA
Just took my 7th pill not too long ago. The realization that I almost forgot to take it slapped me in the face in the middle of my meal and I may or may not have choked on my apple. The derm told me to take it before a meal at the same time every day, so I hope taking it in the middle is okay. I'm so bad at remembering important things, even though I have a constant reminder every day on my phone I still manage to forget it somehow.

Facewise... doesn't seem like much have changed SINCE YESTERDAY. It just looks like my usual red spotted cheeks. I noticed my nose Is getting kinda dry and my cheek, maybe? Got a tiny whitehead on my jaw but that's kinda normal for me. PORES ARE HUGE UGH.

Fun fact of the day: No one knows I started the treatment, not even my mom and we're hella close. I think I'll be keeping it a secret until FOREVER so I don't get lectures about how I'm ruining my liver (what) and basically killing myself because CHEMICALS ARE THE ENEMY!!! LOOK AT YOUR BROTHER!!! HE HAD ACNE UNTIL HE WAS 18 AND THEN EVERYTHING MAGICALLY CLEARED OUT!!! IT'S ALL GARBAGE, GARBAGE I TELL YOU! *proceeds to take a bunch of pills to handle different medical conditions*

I also noticed that others on here have more frequent appointments with their dermatologists. Is it weird that mine told me to see him in 3 months?

#5 LyannaStark

LyannaStark

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:31 AM

My derm gives me 5 weeks worth of pills so I need to go see him every 5 weeks for the new packs. 
I think if you have any concerns or questions re the treatment or side effects you should book an extra appointment. Luckily I can get mine by phone so anytime I'm i'm unsure, he's on speed dial! :-D

Good luck with your progress!! For me, i didn't see many changes in the first week (aside from the crazy dry lips), and my skin got worse around week 5. Now (week 10) it is a LOT better!  (... but can still be much betterer)

#6 Kim0728

Kim0728

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, watching movies, wine tasting and skin care (I'm a reluctant skin care news/info maven)

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

I WISH my derm would hand me a bunch of pills and tell me to come back in three months! I see you are not from the u.s. So you do now know the particular kind of hell known as the iPledge. Us females have to get a pregnancy test every month, then have an appt. to see our doc so they can say what we already know--"you're not pregnant so I'll give you 30 days of pills." Not only that, you have to answer some ridiculously simple questions on the iPledge website about how NOT to get pregnant (duh) and when you get those right--then and only then will the order for your prescription be sent to your pharmacy. But wait, there's more: Accutane is so tightly regulated in the U.S. that sometimes your pharmacy will not have enough in supply and then you have to wait until more medicine comes in! :)

Good luck on your journey! I'm on day seven and no side effects yet. Looking forward to reading about your progress.

Month One: 40 mg Zenatane, taken with breakfast

Month Two: 60 mg Zenatane, one taken w/lunch, one w/dinner

Month Three: 80 mg Zenatane, one taken w/lunch, one w/dinner

Skin care regimen:

a.m.: Paula's Choice acne wash Olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin, PC Hydralight toner, PC 2% BHA exfoliant, PC skin balancing antioxidant serum, PC Hydralight moisturizer and Resist SPF 30 moisturizer

p.m.: Kirkland cleansing wipes, Paula's Choice acne wash Olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin, PC Hydralight toner, PC 2% BHA, PC Skin Replenishing moisturizer

Supplements: calcium, fish oil, B12, and D3

#7 Crimson Storm

Crimson Storm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

My derm gives me 5 weeks worth of pills so I need to go see him every 5 weeks for the new packs. 
I think if you have any concerns or questions re the treatment or side effects you should book an extra appointment. Luckily I can get mine by phone so anytime I'm i'm unsure, he's on speed dial! :-D

Good luck with your progress!! For me, i didn't see many changes in the first week (aside from the crazy dry lips), and my skin got worse around week 5. Now (week 10) it is a LOT better!  (... but can still be much betterer)

I don't think calling up your doctor is common here ("Aye doc, wassup?!"). My derm works only one day a week, so it'll probably take around 2 weeks of waiting for an appointment, if there's a free one. Plus, this damn country has a holiday every month for AT LEAST a few days, so this makes things even more difficult. BLECH.
Glad to hear you're seeing results! Thank you!

I WISH my derm would hand me a bunch of pills and tell me to come back in three months! I see you are not from the u.s. So you do now know the particular kind of hell known as the iPledge. Us females have to get a pregnancy test every month, then have an appt. to see our doc so they can say what we already know--"you're not pregnant so I'll give you 30 days of pills." Not only that, you have to answer some ridiculously simple questions on the iPledge website about how NOT to get pregnant (duh) and when you get those right--then and only then will the order for your prescription be sent to your pharmacy. But wait, there's more: Accutane is so tightly regulated in the U.S. that sometimes your pharmacy will not have enough in supply and then you have to wait until more medicine comes in! smile.png

Good luck on your journey! I'm on day seven and no side effects yet. Looking forward to reading about your progress.

I just what-ed at least 5 times while reading your comment, and little more research on Wikipedia just left me with my jaw wiping the floor. ARE YOU SERIOUS?! That's so weird, but I guess they had their fair share of women getting pregnant while on Accutane despite the doctor's orders in order for them to take it so seriously. I assume it's a really popular pill/not as highly regulated over here because when I gave my prescription to the pharmacist she just pulled it out from the nearest drawer as you'd expect them to do with Advil or whatever. Interesting.
Ooh, we started out treatment on the same day (except timezones and yeah). Much luck on yours and thank you!

Day 8 - They should consider a Harry Potter remake because I'd make a great Basilisk!
When I got out of the shower my face was so white from the flaky (wet) skin that you could declare me dead without a second look. I now get extra nervous about showering and washing my face because I have those weird green-yellow colored scabs that obviously have nasty stuff underneath them. I really DO NOT need anymore scars on my face or else I'd have to make a role change from the Basilisk to Freddy Krueger.
Lots of clogged pores right now, and I have two new red bumps on each side of my face that are just waiting to blossom. My nose is usually super oily, but it's actually getting more and more dry from what I can see. I think I'm getting a rash on my upper lip because it's itching like crazy and is a bit swollen.
I have this damn beauty mark on my face that constantly gets a zit on/under it. My derm told me there's nothing to worry about but I can't help but think CANCER whenever it happens.

I probably shouldn't update every day since obviously not much is changing, but it's just those first few days that you're really excited and dream about having a skin so flawless you can't even stay mad at dancing ladies on tampon/pad commercials because you feel the same way. Except on your face and not in your pants. Yup.

#8 Kim0728

Kim0728

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, watching movies, wine tasting and skin care (I'm a reluctant skin care news/info maven)

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

I probably shouldn't update every day since obviously not much is changing, but it's just those first few days that you're really excited and dream about having a skin so flawless you can't even stay mad at dancing ladies on tampon/pad commercials because you feel the same way. Except on your face and not in your pants. Yup.[/quote]

Ha ha! Please keep posting every day! Your posts are hilarious, and I know exactly what you mean about being super excited and anxious about any little change your skin is undergoing. I probably won't be updating my log every day once I'm a couple months, but right now I'm so excited I keep peeking in the magnifying mirror to see if anything's changed. :) Plus I just like reading your posts because you and I are on the same schedule. Keep it up! :)

Skin care regimen:

a.m.: Paula's Choice acne wash Olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin, PC Hydralight toner, PC 2% BHA exfoliant, PC skin balancing antioxidant serum, PC Hydralight moisturizer and Resist SPF 30 moisturizer

p.m.: Kirkland cleansing wipes, Paula's Choice acne wash Olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin, PC Hydralight toner, PC 2% BHA, PC Skin Replenishing moisturizer

#9 megtree

megtree

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:54 AM

Hahahahaha! I hate those dancing ladies in the tampon commercials. Like, what a silly time to get up and dance. Also - dancing and menstruation do not go together, I don't care how happy you are your tampon works. And for the love of jeebus, HOW COMPLICATED CAN TAMPONS EVEN BE? I swear they are making new versions every month that have no apparent difference (other than the name) and definitely do not inspire a celebratory menstrual dance.

That was my rant. Anyhoo, get some hydrocortisone on that upper lip rash! Lips just go insane while on accutane. Mine turned into tiny lip-snakes in a constant molting cycle and the only way to prevent them from completely slithering off my face was to alternate between aquafor and hard core steroids (well, mainly the aquafor). The cortisone will nip it in the bud so you don't have to worry about it (other than to slather on lip salve every 30 minutes). As for the shower fear, I've got nothing yet. Would you like to invest in my awesome idea for a water proof breathable balaclava you can put on before you hop in the shower to keep any angry face crusties from getting wet? <--THIS IDEA IS PATENTED INTERNET. SO BACK OFF (or it will be when I figure out how to do that BUT STILL)

And yes, I can attest to the Ipledge stupidity. Every flipping month I have to take two mornings off from work 3 days apart, one for my blood test to make sure I am not pregnant or dying (I suppose the making sure I am not dying part is ok) then I have to go to the doctor where he does a "psychiatric evaluation" (he's a dermatologist, so he just asks "um...so....that depression thing's not....getting worse...right?") and THEN I get to go home and answer stupid questions and THEN I get to go to the pharmacy where I have 7 days to get my medication IF they have it and IF my insurance doesn't feel like hassling me about it. blah.

Edited by megtree, 14 April 2014 - 11:55 AM.

Probiotic - 1 daily

Morning:

Cetaphil cleanser

Night:
Cetaphil Cleanser

#10 Crimson Storm

Crimson Storm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

I probably shouldn't update every day since obviously not much is changing, but it's just those first few days that you're really excited and dream about having a skin so flawless you can't even stay mad at dancing ladies on tampon/pad commercials because you feel the same way. Except on your face and not in your pants. Yup.[/quote]

Ha ha! Please keep posting every day! Your posts are hilarious, and I know exactly what you mean about being super excited and anxious about any little change your skin is undergoing. I probably won't be updating my log every day once I'm a couple months, but right now I'm so excited I keep peeking in the magnifying mirror to see if anything's changed.  Plus I just like reading your posts because you and I are on the same schedule. Keep it up! 

Hahaha! I'm glued to my mirror as well! Obviously we're both waiting for some sort of miracle but all our futures hold is more acne :c

megtree- I admit I had the same reaction like the dancing ladies in the tampon commercials when I tried my first tampon. Though it wasn't long before I was lying in the fetal position and crying over being born as a woman.
I'd totally invest in your rad balaclava (I honestly read it as baklava the first few times and was like??? Why would you put this yummy goodness on your face and how is it supposed to prevent your face from melting in the shower???) idea so we could save the faces of hundred thousands of poor acne sufferers, but sadly I'm not too rich for my own good (YET).
And yup, I still stick to my what the frick opinion about the whole ipledge thing. You poor US people, you!

Day 10 - OUCH MY LIPS
So... yeah. The whole rash thing on my lips? I was totally wrong about it. It's eczema. I'm used to having it like twice a year on my fingers, so I was really confused when I noticed those little blisters on my lips. I have no idea if it's a side effect from the pills or from the Vaseline but it's not nice at all. The nearest appointment I could make is on the freakin' 27th (remember when I said this damn country has a holiday every month? Yup, I just HAD to have lip eczema on the LONGEST holiday of the year) so I guess I'll have to deal with 70% numbness on my lips until then. The good news are that they're peeling which usually means it's a sign that it's going away, but I'm really not sure since my lips were already peeling before that. ARGH.
I was out with friends yesterday and was introduced to a friend of a friend and I was just pursing and covering my lips the whole evening because they were so itchy! Way to make a good first impression, they probably thought I was a weirdo (not that it's far from the truth, but yeah).

The weird colored scab finally fell off, uh, yesterday I think? It was indeed hiding something horrific (Basilisk!@#$), but it healed and dried off. 
My chin was never a problematic area but I can feel a few bumps on it now, oh no.
ALSO my face is getting REEEEEALLY dry. I'm used to touching my nose with a finger and then seeing my reflection on said finger, but now it's just flaky.

~QUESTION TIIIIIIIIIIME~
So, I guess I'll need to buy a moisturizer or something? I'm really bad at these stuff since I don't use products/makeup on my face, but do you need to buy moisturizer for dry skin or the skin you naturally have? Wow I'm so clueless. HELP A SISTA OUT

Out of curiosity, how much does a box of pills (a month?) costs for you all with insurance? 

Edited by Crimson Storm, 15 April 2014 - 03:37 PM.

#11 Kim0728

Kim0728

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

Hey CS, wish I could help you out with the moisturizer recommendation, but I also can see my reflection in whatever touches my oily skin. :) I'm clueless there but look forward to seeing what others suggest.

I have really good health insurance through my job, so my Zenatane (generic Accutane) is $5 a month.

Skin care regimen:

#12 lastcenturion

lastcenturion

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:41 AM

for moisturiser i suggest cetaphil like everyone else on roaccutane it seems. it's super moisturising and i was worrying about how my skin wasn't drying out at all but i think that was because i used cetaphil religiously. i stopped using it one day to let my skin do its thang bc roaccutane's drying it out for a reason right? big mistake. my whole chin was flaking off. i use an alcohol-free witch hazel toner after i cleanse my face with cetaphil cleanser on a cotton ball and it seems to gently exfoliate dead skin cells off my skin. my skin is very well moisturised, i feel. although i went to a lush store today and was so tempted to buy the cleanser that smelt like goddam cookie dough. would've just sat on my bathroom floor trying to eat my face tho lbr.

also omg i think we're even from the same country because i tried to schedule an appointment and it was just a series of nope nope public holiday nope sorry come back never. my mum heckled and heckled and managed to squeeze me in for tmrw tho, god bless. i'm thinking of asking for a higher dosage because i've had almost no side effects, or they (dry skin/lips) are completely manageable and aren't an issue at all. if my life isn't living hell, is roaccutane even working?

i pay 36.90 for a box of roaccutane with 60 pills. i've been told if i had a low earning income health card it'd be $6. i'm burning. 

#13 megtree

megtree

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:04 PM

I use Vichy Capital Soleil 50+ SPF for sensitive skin (or something like that). I have to order it online because it is not available in the US, but I think it's available everywhere else. It works amazingly well as a sunscreen/Moisturizer combo and it's more moisturizing than anything else I've found, without making me too greasy. 

At night I use Cerave (basically the same as Cetaphil). I also use a couple drops of 100% Argan oil on my face and hair, and I swear it's helping do....something. 

Probiotic - 1 daily

Morning:

Cetaphil cleanser

Night:
Cetaphil Cleanser

#14 Crimson Storm

Crimson Storm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

Thanks for the moisturizer suggestions, but I looked it up and we don't have Cetaphil nor Cerave over here (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Apparently we have one that's manufactured over here and is promoted as a moisturizer that can and should be used by roacuttane users. Now, don't get me wrong, I have no problem with it being developed and manufactured over here. BUT I have absolutely no idea why there's a need to make the package weigh 3 times the actual pure product (the product is 50ml and with the container it's 200gr/ml). Like, that's why I have trust issues. Damn it.

Day 12 - I feel like a grandma
Wowie, almost two weeks in. My lips are recovering from the eczema from what I can see, but I'll keep the appointment in just in case. Face is continuing to get drier, so I'm gonna start using this moisturizer that is sitting in a container OF LIES. I was right about the little chin breakout yesterday, and now I've got 3 brand new whiteheads. Kinda looks like a family made of big daddy whitehead, smaller mommy whitehead and a tiny baby whitehead. I HOPE THEY DIE FROM DEHYDRATION BYE
My upper back and shoulders hurt like crazy but I'm not sure if it's a side effect or not??? Also been blowing some bloody boogers from right nostril for a few days now. TMI much? 

lastcenturion - I doubt we're from the same country since most holidays here are either religious or traditional. Plus, I see you're from Australia and I (sadly) live on the other side of the globe :c

Edited by Crimson Storm, 19 April 2014 - 11:55 PM.

#15 megtree

megtree

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:16 AM

I would like to start a new progressive metal-death-folk band with you. It will be named "Bloody Boogers". We will wear the breathable shower balaclavas as our stage-gimmeck. The title of our first album will be some wonderfully hilarious accutane acne pun, and the picture on the front will be a family of pimples slowly dying of dehydration (because how metal is THAT?!). 

Back pain is a side effect of accutane, and I do experience it every once in a while, especially in the mornings. 

Edited by megtree, 18 April 2014 - 11:30 AM.

Probiotic - 1 daily

Morning:

Cetaphil cleanser

Night:
Cetaphil Cleanser

#16 Kim0728

Kim0728

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

LOVE the band idea! How about I get a few more gals, and we'll be the back-up singers for your band. We'll be known as the "Back Pains." :)

Skin care regimen:

#17 Crimson Storm

Crimson Storm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:06 AM

And our music videos can be something disgusting like 3 full minutes of popping pimples or something. That's kinda metal (and hella disgusting), I think. We can even invent a new music genre in which you sing while you sob violently. There's growling and screaming, so why not sobbing? I'm sure it'll get the song messages through pretty well. ALRIGHT WHEN'S OUR FIRST REHEARSAL? 

Day 15 - IT'S SNOW! IT'S CONFETTI! No, it's just my face.
A few things I learned the hard way with Accutane:
*Do not, under any circumstance, smile or yawn without lip balm on your lips. You WILL regret it.
*That pimple from 5 minutes ago is still there, Put that mirror away.
*The correct answer to "Why's your face peeling?" is always "I'm getting ready to take my final form".
*Treat the sun like your cat treats the vet: Hiss at it and stay away.

So... My face is unusually calm?... (*AGGRESSIVELY AND REPEATEDLY SLAMS EVERY WOODEN SURFACE WITH MY FIST*) 
Pretty sure there are no actives on my face except one that's been brewing for a while now. The downside is that mY EYEBROWS ARE SO FLAKY IT LOOKS TERRIBLE LIKE DO I USE HEAD&SHOULDERS? DO I SOAK THEM IN MY TEARS? Ugh. The rest of my face is really flaky too, but my eyebrows look the worst. But hey, at least I'm not oily anymore, so I've got that going for me which is nice. My new moisturizer is shitty and I'm not even sure it does anything beside whitening my already white skin. Boo.

Just had the worst experience of having to take the pill while not hungry and chewing on a slice of bread. That was miserable.

Edited by Crimson Storm, 20 April 2014 - 09:08 AM.

#18 megtree

megtree

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

LOVE the band idea! How about I get a few more gals, and we'll be the back-up singers for your band. We'll be known as the "Back Pains." :)

And our music videos can be something disgusting like 3 full minutes of popping pimples or something. That's kinda metal (and hella disgusting), I think. We can even invent a new music genre in which you sing while you sob violently. There's growling and screaming, so why not sobbing? I'm sure it'll get the song messages through pretty well. ALRIGHT WHEN'S OUR FIRST REHEARSAL? Day 15 - IT'S SNOW! IT'S CONFETTI! No, it's just my face.
A few things I learned the hard way with Accutane:
*Do not, under any circumstance, smile or yawn without lip balm on your lips. You WILL regret it.
*That pimple from 5 minutes ago is still there, Put that mirror away.
*The correct answer to "Why's your face peeling?" is always "I'm getting ready to take my final form".
*Treat the sun like your cat treats the vet: Hiss at it and stay away.
So... My face is unusually calm?... (*AGGRESSIVELY AND REPEATEDLY SLAMS EVERY WOODEN SURFACE WITH MY FIST*) 
Pretty sure there are no actives on my face except one that's been brewing for a while now. The downside is that mY EYEBROWS ARE SO FLAKY IT LOOKS TERRIBLE LIKE DO I USE HEAD&SHOULDERS? DO I SOAK THEM IN MY TEARS? Ugh. The rest of my face is really flaky too, but my eyebrows look the worst. But hey, at least I'm not oily anymore, so I've got that going for me which is nice. My new moisturizer is shitty and I'm not even sure it does anything beside whitening my already white skin. Boo.
Just had the worst experience of having to take the pill while not hungry and chewing on a slice of bread. That was miserable.

Ok, Kim, Crimson- we have something here. This is important. We will be called: Flaking Accuhorror and The Royal Back Pains!

Meh, a Ill work on it.

oh Crimson, I hope you have found a new moisturizer! Flakey eyebrows hmm..well, I have no idea what to do about that. Perhaps take a big black marker, pencil them in, and make Groucho Marx jokes all day? You will have everyone laughing so hard they will completely forget about the snowy state of your forehead. Pending that...what moisturizer are you using? Perhaps you need to pull out the big guns, perhaps something with mineral oil.

Also- take your pill with dessert perhaps? Save some chocolates for just an occasion! Perhaps a spoonful of Nutella will make the medicine go down? The medicine go doooown ...the medicine go down (read that last part to the tune of Mary Poppins "a spoonful of sugar"' or else it will seem a strange thing to read indeed).

Probiotic - 1 daily

Morning:

Cetaphil cleanser

Night:
Cetaphil Cleanser

#19 Crimson Storm

Crimson Storm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:11 AM

Hey guys! It's been a rough couple of days, hence the lack of updates. Had a really nasty infection on my lips and apparently it's because of the lip balm. My doctor's guess is that i'm allergic/sensitive to one of the ingredients in most lip balms, so now I have to find something strictly natural. Having sensitive everything sucks. I had to cut my food into tiny pieces and drink through a straw. TRULY TRAGIC.
Anyway, my lips are peeling off terribly and guess what? Just my luck, had a job interview in the middle of the entire thing. You can bet your butts that I slapped on the entire mascara container to avert the attention from my lips.
Face is still pretty calm except the red spots and healing pimples, mood is pretty terrible but I think it's a combination of that time of the month and the latest circumstances. Yup.

#20 Petrichor Murmurs

Petrichor Murmurs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Getting rid of acne, studying, reading good books and cuddling cats.

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:11 AM

Hi Crimson Storm.

I'm so sorry to hear about your lips. What ingredient are you allergic to? I have found lanolin to work well when applied in a thick layer overnight, and then followed up with Blistex Medex. Fantastic stuff. After reading through your log I can't stop giggling. You're pretty funny, and remind me a lot of someone. You wouldn't happen to be living in scandinavia, would you? (I can't stop guessing now.)

The "don't yawn" -thing, so not fun and so true. Happens every morning. About your eyebrows, gently exfoliate them with a wet cloth to get the flake off, then slather them with a really thick layer of moisturizer overnight. Just remember to wash in the morning, or you will look like, really suspicious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users