Photo

High calorie, high fat diet stopped my acne.

5 replies to this topic

#1 Spike

Spike

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:45 PM

This is my first post on any website, in any forum. I'm stepping outside my shoes to do this because I thought it might help someone out.
Iv'e had mild to moderate acne for about 7 years now. And I also have harsh anxiety so the last seven years have been not fun. I'm one of those people who have tried everything. I mean everything, everything, everything. I suppose it was about a year ago, I hit the end and decided to do like everyone says and 'clean out' your system, by eating all natural. I picked salads, and water, and thats all I ate for about a month. I ended up about 96 pounds, waking up feeling like I was going to throw up from starving. Forcing myself to eat apple slices. Pretty soon I lost my hunger feelings all together. But my acne was the worst it had ever been. I ended up having to go on accutaine. The accutaine never seemed to work all the way, unless I ate higher calories and higher fat. The doctor said, the idea was that more fat with my food, and the accutaine would have more time to be absorbed. But I started to notice when I was on accutaine, I gained more weight than was justifiable by what I was eating. Im skinny, and so this was weird. After I went off, the acne started to come back. So I upped my calorie and fat intake even more, by eating two boston market chicken pot pies a day, and a half can of spinach with each pie. I've been doing it for about a month now. And my acne has cleared up. when I say cleared up I mean its gone except for like one or two which personally I dont find acceptable, but I've only been doing this for about a month, so who knows what tomorrow will bring. So if this helps someone then I guess it was worth the post. Maybe you can post back and let me know how it goes if you try it. If you do try it though, dont vary from it at all for at least the first four weeks, because if you do, then you wont know if it works or not. If you do this and drink a bunch of milk with it, then its not going to work. I drink just water and orange juice. And remember to play it like you were doing some drug, that means stick to it for a couple of months and not weeks.
Things that will speed up the matabolism are, spicy foods, milk, soda, basically anything they say is a acne causing 'myth' food. And yes, you will see a realtionship between acne 'myth' foods and that they do increase the matabolism.
I know of course this just sounds like another bogus diet. But then agian, I have tried everything else, most of the creams seem bugus to me, I wish they didnt, I wish they would have worked six years ago. Oh and I dont wash my face with soap or any of that stuff if your wondering. Used to, like I said I tried everything.

#2 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:50 PM

This will only make people fat, if anything healthy diets help with acne. And why do you people come around and post your miracle acne cure anyway?

#3 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:06 PM

If anything diets like that make acne worse. The starvation diet you were talking about isn't an acne diet..when I do cleanses I eat a LOT of good healthy foods..not just salads and water. A ton of brown rice and vegetables, salads, tons of tea and fruit juice and water, a lot of fresh fruit. You were not eating enough and it was stressing you out. No wonder you were so broken out.

I'm glad eating a high fat diet helped your acne, but if I were to eat like that (even IF it would clear up my skin) I would get a big fat gut, an even WORSE problem.

wacko.gif

#4 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:22 PM

Word Deja. I don't know why you people come here once and spread your bullshit cure and expect to be praised.

#5 Spike

Spike

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:58 PM

I posted to hopefully help Pika; and I dont know if it will help at all, it just works for me.

#6 frances

frances

This isn't Kansas, Toto

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2004 - 07:23 PM

hey whatever rocks your boat. But on the face of it the diet you talk about sounds weird and potentially dangerous for your arteries, cholestrol levels and heart health. So I would advise anyone who is tempted to try to discuss in detail with a medical professional first.

I am shifting to the diet/acne forum...since that is what it is about and it has zero to do with the regimen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users