acne acne scars healing through diet

3 replies to this topic

#1 RoseOrALilly

RoseOrALilly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

Not sure if this is the right place to be posting this but I was wondering what people know about diet and healing?

How do I eat to optimize my bodies ability to heal? Obviously I mean my skin in particular. 

I already eat a good balanced diet. 

But what should I be eating more of?

And what should I be avoiding?

Thanks 

(p.s. I suffer from an auto-immune disease and I have recently heard that avoid inflammatory foods is important in controlling that, is that also true with healing?) 

#2 LeadingForce

LeadingForce

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

inflammatory is bad so i think it would not be good for healing

vitamin c , e for skin healing

#3 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

Replaced processed empty calories with real whole, nutrient dense foods. Avoid high glycemic impacting meals, drinks & snacks.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#4 KAmanda

KAmanda

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:11 PM

Replaced processed empty calories with real whole, nutrient dense foods. Avoid high glycemic impacting meals, drinks & snacks.

That's it in a nutshell... summed up perfectly!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users