This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Echinacea Gut Changes

2 posts in this topic

This article from WebMD (below) says that echinacea was found to change the composition of gut bacteria. It does not say whether this change was for better or worse and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this.

About a week ago I started drinking echinacea tea 3-5 times a day (box says to drink that much when you are "sick" lol). Everything was good but yesterday my body cleared out like I took a laxative. I'm taking a break because that wasn't the effect I was going for. I'm wondering if anyone has an experience with this. I'd be keen to hear from some of the candida/leaky gut crowd as I think I might have that and a gut bacteria change might not be the worse thing. I don't have a rash or stomach/abdominal pains. I sometimes get fleeting headaches and definitely get dry mouth but both are easily fixed with a big glass of water.

Here's the article, you be the judge (but please weigh in here):

edit: better font =)

I mainly take yogurt and water kefir as probiotic sources so I have no idea about echinacea tea.

I've had similar laxative effect only when I tried to taste some leaven I was making with water kefir+flour (well I'm not 100% sure it's from that, but that's my best bet for now)

Big off-topic:

By the way, making gluten free bread using water kefir leaven is damn hard (I mean, you can make something edible, but it just won't rise correctly)

Is your nickname a reference to Two Steps From Hell?

Sorry to ask, but how in the world is Comic Sans MS a better font?