Photo
Retinoids

Do You Think Retin A Is Working (Pics Included)

retin a

11 replies to this topic

#1 remembertomorrow

remembertomorrow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

2rxy9hc.jpg    This is 1 month before I started. The day that I started was much worse than this.

nfplax.jpg   7 weeks into the treatment. Worst phase for me.

15wma6w.jpg  10 weeks into the treatment, 3 weeks after the 2nd picture.

2j4cbq0.jpg 14 weeks update. I guess it's better but I'm not that happy with the progress yet.

22l1yx.jpg  after 2 IPL sessions

Edited by remembertomorrow, 04 June 2014 - 10:13 AM.

#2 remembertomorrow

remembertomorrow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:10 AM

and I'm still breaking out, is this normal at week 10? and as you can see, I break out at places where I normally don't, so does it mean that retin a is starting to work; Do you think I improve at all? I know that most of the time, it takes 12 weeks or around 3 months for retin a to work properly. I'm also on topical and oral antibiotics. Thanks

Edited by remembertomorrow, 09 April 2014 - 09:19 AM.

#3 rick911

rick911

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:00 AM

It seems to work! The first picture you can clearly see that you have acne and the 3rd one is probably just scars so I would just keep going with the treatement!

#4 yunchang

yunchang

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

you have a lot of acne so the breakouts will be worse and more frequent, you will take longer than someone who has mild acne (you have more acne that needs purging/coming to surface). that is why you must wait. Hang in there man. You can do this.

#5 itsakstubimi

itsakstubimi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

and I'm still breaking out, is this normal at week 10? and as you can see, I break out at places where I normally don't, so does it mean that retin a is starting to work; Do you think I improve at all? I know that most of the time, it takes 12 weeks or around 3 months for retin a to work properly. I'm also on topical and oral antibiotics. Thanks

it is definitely working. it may take a while before the purging stops but I'm telling you it's gonna be worth it, I should know, I had worse acne than yours and retin-a helped a lot. just be patient. they'll be gone sooner than you think.

#6 Raf97

Raf97

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

We are in the same situation, we have only a lot of red marks but the face is clear from inflamed pimples. I don't know if Retin-A would help with red marks

#7 remembertomorrow

remembertomorrow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

Edited by remembertomorrow, 10 May 2014 - 09:42 PM.

#8 remembertomorrow

remembertomorrow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:29 PM

Can I use retin-a alone as a maintenance cream? Do I still need BP in the morning? :/

#9 dk1017

dk1017

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

I'm currently on Tazorac (just a stronger retinoid), going on 11 weeks. I never believed that a retinoid could take so long to start working until I used Taz. I'm still purging after 11 weeks of using it religiously. I found that it helps to use BP every 3 days or so (3 days of taz at night, 1 day of bp at night), just as a spot treatment and also so that your skin can get a little break.

#10 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:04 PM

Your last pic looks like just marks left over which retin A should diminish after your active acne has ceased for the most part.  Since you are seeing improvement and it looks that way from your pictures, i would continue using it for a few more months

#11 Tootie2014

Tootie2014

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:42 AM

That makes sense that the breakouts are in new areas since it has already brought the other congestion in the pores to the surface. It's definitely working. And your entire face in regards to color tone will even out with continued use as tretinoin acts as a slow moving peel. Awesome results, keep going!

#12 GetMeTheResults

GetMeTheResults

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:28 AM

It looks really nice, keep us updated with the improvements, I can't wait to see what it will look like in another month :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users