Been on the Regimen for 8 weeks, nearly clear from active acne. Ive always had oily skin, but since the regimen, i think its gotten worse, maybe it just naturally happened? Im so done with my oily face, i need to do something, im desperate. What can i possibly do or take to finally lower my body's oil production and make my face not oily anymore, or at least reduce the oiliness?
Im taking these supplements every day: (also in signature)
- 1000 IU Trader Joe's Vitamin D3
- Target brand (up & up) Zinc 100mg
- 16,000 IU Vitamin A
- Trader Joe's Synergistic C Vitamin C Complex 500mg
- Trader Joe's Natural Papaya & Pineapple Enzymes -2 tablets- not really for skin, more for digestion
- One A Day VitaCraves Gummies + Immunity Support -2 gummies- more as a general multi-vitamin
- Schiff Digestive Advantage Probiotic Gummies -2 gummies- more for digestion
I want to add in Vitamin B-5 and possibly Fish oil for Omega-3, will those do anything to help oily skin not be so... oily? I heard B-5 is good to lower skin oiliness, not sure about Omega-3 though. What can i possibly do or take to finally lower my body's oil production and make my face not oily anymore, or at least reduce the oiliness?
Any help? Thanks
Edited by DarkDubzs, 05 April 2014 - 10:24 PM.
Week 55 on The Regimen!! (Just broke a year!)Seeing great results! Was clear from all active acne, but fell off my routine and slightly relapsed (updated 2/17/15)
Morning ▼▼ Different from Night Routine/Regimen to keep skin from becoming too dry and flaky or oily and shiny during the day
1. Dan's Gentle Cleanser
2. Spot & patch treat with Dan's BP and if necessary, Dan's AHA+
3. CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion or Olay Moisturizing Lotion - Sensitive Skin [Also testing several Paula's Choice moisturizers/SPF to pick my new one]
4. Paula's Choice Shine Stopper
At Night ▼▼
1. Dan's Gentle Cleanser
2. Paula's Choice Hydralight Toner [Also testing Paula's Choice Skin Balancing, and Resist Toners]
3. Dans BP - 1.5 to 2 pump(s).
4. 1/2 Olay Moisturizing Lotion - Sensitive Skin, 1/2 Dans AHA+ & half pump of Garnier Jojoba/Macadamia Oil
~Supplements/Vitamins (each daily)~
- 2000 IU Trader Joe's Vitamin D3 - two 1000 Iu capsule a day
- Target brand (Up & Up) Zinc 100mg - two 50mg cpasules a day
- CVS Chewable Vitamin C with Rose Hips 2000mg -two 1000mg tablets a day -Was previously taking Trader Joe's Synergistic C Vitamin C Complex
- Nature Made 16,000 IU Vitamin A -two 8000 IU capsules a day
- Trader Joe's Natural Papaya & Pineapple Enzymes -2 tablets a day -not really for skin, more for digestion
- One A Day VitaCraves Gummies + Immunity Support -2 gummies a day -mostly as a general multi-vitamin
- Schiff Digestive Advantage Probiotic Gummies -2 gummies a day -mostly for digestion
--Planning to add in some Vitamin B5, and possibly add Omega-3
Still trying to perfect my regimen. 'We all have different skin' ~YOUR MILEAGE WILL VARY!~ Customize your regimen/routine for your unique self.