So i am planning to add Vitamin B5 for my oily skin and acne overall, and Fish oil for acne too. I am nearly totally clear after 8 weeks today on The Regimen, im sure the supplements im taking are helping a lot too. Im not totally clear yet, but im getting there, and i mostly just have dark spots (PIH) from past acne now, but oily skin is now a serious problem, it always has, but i am starting to care about it now, and i think my skin is just more oily now than it has in the past.
I cannot seem to find Vitamin B-5 anywhere, only mostly B-12 and sometimes i see B-6, but absolutely no pure B-5. Do they even make B-5 alone? Why is this? I know B-5 is actually derived from Pantothenic Acid, but even searching for that yields very little results, the only places to buy it is online supposedly. Anybody seen it in stores, any store at all, please leave it in the comments below. I tried looking at Target, Wal-Mart, etc. but i still will try Trader Joes, CVS, and Mother's.
Also, how much B-5 should i take each day? I cannot find a reasonable amount for acne anywhere, totally lost on that. How many mg's or IU's?
Lastly, what Fish oil should i take? I have very little knowledge on this supplement, should i look for just Omega-3 pills or liquid? Or should i look for Fish Oil pills/liquid specifically, if so, what kind, like Cod Fish Oil or what? How much should i take? Any brand recommendations? I had previously been taking THIS, one packet a day, but they are kinda expensive and run out fast, and mostly, i am not sure if that is enough or the "right kind" of Omega-3 or fish oil.
Please help!! Thanks in advance.
Week 55 on The Regimen!! (Just broke a year!) seeing great results! Was clear from all active acne, but fell off my routine and slightly relapsed (updated 2/17/15)
Morning ▼▼ Different from Night Routine/Regimen to keep skin from becoming too dry and flaky or oily and shiny during the day
1. Dan's Gentle Cleanser
2. Spot & patch treat with Dan's BP and if necessary, Dan's AHA+
3. CeraVe Moisturizing Lotionor Olay Moisturizing Lotion - Sensitive Skin[Also testing several Paula's Choice moisturizers/SPF to pick my new one]
4. Paula's Choice Shine Stopper
At Night ▼▼
1. Dan's Gentle Cleanser
2. Paula's Choice Hydralight Toner [Also testing Paula's Choice Skin Balancing, and Resist Toners]
3. Dans BP - 1.5 to 2 pump(s).
4. 1/2 Olay Moisturizing Lotion - Sensitive Skin 1/2 Dans AHA+ & half pump of Garnier Jojoba/Macadamia Oil
~Supplements/Vitamins (each daily)~
- 2000 IU Trader Joe's Vitamin D3 - two 1000 Iu capsule a day
- Target brand (Up & Up) Zinc 100mg - two 50mg cpasules a day
- CVS Chewable Vitamin C with Rose Hips 2000mg -two 1000mg tablets a day -Was previously taking Trader Joe's Synergistic C Vitamin C Complex
- Nature Made 16,000 IU Vitamin A -two 8000 IU capsules a day
- Trader Joe's Natural Papaya & Pineapple Enzymes -2 tablets a day -not really for skin, more for digestion
- One A Day VitaCraves Gummies + Immunity Support -2 gummies a day -mostly as a general multi-vitamin
- Schiff Digestive Advantage Probiotic Gummies -2 gummies a day -mostly for digestion
--Planning to add in some Vitamin B5, and possibly add Omega-3
Still trying to perfect my regimen. 'We all have different skin' ~YOUR MILEAGE WILL VARY!~ Customize your regimen/routine for your unique self