Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrBakery

Adult Acne Cured - Just Post Acne Marks (Help)

5 posts in this topic

hi all, after reading some good advice here it seems ive got rid of my nasty red, adult acne (i mainly needed to avoid BP cream / milk & start using vitamins)
I've just got some post acne marks / light, post inflammatory hyperpigmentation to deal with. - after reading advice here, i started using sun screen.
i understand lemon juice is quite effective at fading post acne marks but what's the correct way to apply it(?) and am i correct in thinking it takes months to work? (i think i used too much last night, my skin is a bit red lol)
also is there any olay products which work?
any other advice would be great, thanks

I also have some red spots left behind. I try many things at the same time. Recently I discovered snail cream. I use it twice daily and within 3 days I see much difference. You can also try MSM cream, vicks vaporub, and lavender and geranium esssential oil. The more recent the scars, the easier to go.

If you are comfortable with trying some chemical peels to help with fading that might be a great route. I use MUAC Mandelic Chemical peel as well as their Lactic Acid and Fade Peel. Makeup Artists Choice. They have a ton of reviews, very helpful customer service and if you are a chemical peel newbie they have tons of options. Lactic is one of the safest and highly effective with PIH. :) Happy Friday and great to hear you have gotten rid of your acne and get to work on clearing up the marks now. Wish you the best.

12/30/2013- Started Spironolactone 50mg then up to 75mg with Yas
2/2015 stopped BCP due to Aphasia/Migraines
2/2015 Spiro upped  to 100mg no BCP
1/2016 Spiro upped  to 125mg no BCP

2/2016- starting Berberine 500mg 3x day

Daily skin care routine from Makeup Artists Choice

MUAC Mandelic Acid Cleanser

MUAC Mandelic Acid Toner
BP Dan's
Cerave PM- mix in Dan's AHA at night

Exfoliation- MUAC Mandelic and Lactic Acid Peels

Lactic acid is really good for this. I once had some PIH on my legs that I thought would never go away, but lactic acid got rid of it in a few weeks.