Photo

Adult Acne Cured - Just Post Acne Marks (Help)

post acne marks adult acne red acne

4 replies to this topic

#1 MrBakery

MrBakery

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:45 AM

hi all, after reading some good advice here it seems ive got rid of my nasty red, adult acne surprised.gif  (i mainly needed to avoid BP cream / milk & start using vitamins)

I've just got some post acne marks / light, post inflammatory hyperpigmentation to deal with. - after reading advice here, i started using sun screen.

i understand lemon juice is quite effective at fading post acne marks  but what's the correct way to apply it(?) and am i correct in thinking it takes months to work?  (i think i used too much last night, my skin is a bit red lol) 

also is there any olay products which work?

any other advice would be great, thanks

#2 5beauty

5beauty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

I also have some red spots left behind. I try many things at the same time. Recently I discovered snail cream. I use it twice daily and within 3 days I see much difference. You can also try MSM cream, vicks vaporub,  and lavender and geranium esssential oil. The more recent the scars, the easier to go.

#3 CarpeMomentum

CarpeMomentum

Feeling blessed and thankful daily

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

If you are comfortable with trying some chemical peels to help with fading that might be a great route.  I use MUAC Mandelic Chemical peel as well as their Lactic Acid and Fade Peel.  Makeup Artists Choice.  They have a ton of reviews, very helpful customer service and if you are a chemical peel newbie they have tons of options.  Lactic is one of the safest and highly effective with PIH.  :)  Happy Friday and great to hear you have gotten rid of your acne and get to work on clearing up the marks now.  Wish you the best.

Spiro 75mg

Ocella

Makeup Artists Choice

Mandelic Acid Cleanser

Mandelic Acid Toner

Cerave PM  

Sometimes I exfoliate.  I did sware by facial peels by MUAC earlier this year and would absolutely pick them up again.

#4 paigems

paigems

Veteran Member

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

Lactic acid is really good for this. I once had some PIH on my legs that I thought would never go away, but lactic acid got rid of it in a few weeks.

#5 MrBakery

MrBakery

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:27 AM

thanks for the advice grinwink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users