** EDIT: Ask me if you want a low histamine list of cosmetics and makeup**
Some of you asked me to post my grocery list a while ago and I haven't had time until now.
For anyone who is interested, this is what my typical grocery list looks like. Not all foods here are 100% "pure" "whole" "natural" or whatever, but for busy people like me, this works fine. When I stick to these foods and rotate them, I don't get big cysts or face swelling. I included specific brands to help you out. I try to keep the grains to a minimum, but I don't think they hurt in low quantities. What works for me might not work for you. I'll add more if I remember more things I typically buy.
I also recommend digestive enzymes for when you feel like eating something you don't normally eat to minimize potential reactions.
- Sweet potatoes
- Zucchini, kale, carrots, cucumbers, basil, parsley, garlic, and most other green vegetables, preferably organic and not sprayed with sulfates (no tomatoes for me due to high histamines)
- spices: basil, garlic, pink himalayan salt, oregano
- grapeseed oil for cooking
- Jones All Natural Fully Cooked Turkey Sausage
- rice milk
- lots of water, including distilled water for my face
- organic honey
- African rooiboos tea (also occasionally black tetley tea for the caffeine boost)
- Naked Green Juice (liquid vitamins)
- Zero Vitamin Pomegranate water (liquid vitamins)
- publix deli lower sodium cooked ham (in water)
- Toufayan Wraps (the yeast free type), low carb low sodium low gluten
- Toffuti non dairy cream cheese (tofu spread)
- Popchips potato chips and any chips that only contain few ingredients & no colorings or vinegar
- Garden lites Veggie Muffins Carrot Berry (also other Garden Lites products might work)
- Barbara's gluten free honey cereal
- Val's Gluten free blueberry waffles
- Weight watchers chicken
- South Beach Diet Honey and Vanilla bars (great source of fiber and protein, contains some dairy)
- Occasionally: So Delicious Coconut Ice Cream (Vanilla bean, regular version because for some reason the sugar free version gives me small pimples under my skin)
Check out the low histamine chef's website for recipes and advice!
Edited by WishClean, 03 June 2015 - 12:57 PM.