134 replies to this topic

#41 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

Hello,

To be honest i never saw anything wrong with your face in the first two pics.Even in the third pic there was just a little unevenness on your lower left cheek.Nobody can make out from your face that you EVER had cystic acne.And you are so pretty! You talk about dating with that face? You'll get a score of guys who'll want to pursue you 

Having an "Uneven" personality is worse than having uneven skin. I'm 21 and have flawless girls in my college.Believe me , when they talk , all beauty disappears.Acne is a very humbling experience.So i'm sure with a good personality you'll be even more attractive.Throw the "blues" out of the window and live your life 

And yeah... SMILE! don't be so glum.

Thanks, you are right, I shouldn't feel bad about it. I find it hard to connect with people sometimes, and it's really hard to find someone I am attracted to, both physically and personality-wise. That's why I was disappointed. Like you said about attractive people, they get less attractive when their true colors show. Well, this guy hasn't contacted me at all this week, after he flirted with me through text and then nothing. I don't get why people are so flaky. 

I live in a rather big city and all my co-workers are either married or in relationships or gay. So my only hope was online dating. But this guy was seriously the only seemingly normal one in my city. I can't even tell you how many pointless messages I exchanged with losers before finding this guy. He already told me he admires what I have accomplished in my life and definitely likes my personality, so the only other thing I can think of is that he saw physical flaws and stopped liking me as much. Either that or he has someone else. A guy doesn't go from texting me so many times a day and skyping for hours to NOTHING. How is that possible? I wish I had other options, I really do. 

Ok, I will try to smile more..this week just wasn't my week at all! 

Edited by WishClean, 10 April 2014 - 07:25 PM.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#42 TerrificOnion

TerrificOnion

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Illustration, Music, Design, and Tea <3

Achievements

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:44 PM

I'm awful at giving advice about things like this, but I just wanted to let you that your skin really does not look bad at all. You are also very pretty smile.png I can totally relate to feeling rejected, though, and especially because of physical appearances. For whatever reason, you and him weren't meant to work out. Try not to let this stop you from dating because you will find someone for you who thinks everything about you is great, even your skin! I'm a picker, and sometimes my bf sees me after I destroy my face picking and he still thinks I'm pretty. I think he's crazy lol, but I think there's someone like that out there for everyone. Feel better!

Thank you all for the kind words...I know you are giving me your honest opinion, and I appreciate it.

@bubbles55: At this point, I cannot afford any treatments and I am also nervous to try anything strong like lasers for fear of the acne returning. The little bumps are there sometimes and I had them before so I'm fine with those as long as they don't turn into big cysts. They are usually the last ones to subside once the major cystic acne goes away, so I'm being positive. Scrubs and peels help but I haven't done those recently. I was more worried about the rough texture and scarring.

To the men who answered, this gave me a new perspective....guys are just as insecure sometimes, I have to remember that. I usually assume that if a guy doesn't try hard, it means he doesn't like me and I back off, but maybe I will try a different approach this time.

@lighthousesrule27, I am only wearing a bit of cc cream in this pic, but my inflammation has diminished a lot  (I thank DIM for that). Usually the cc cream helps even out dark patches (I have those under my eyes - another insecurity) and fill in scars a little. You are right, confidence is key! I see so many girls who do not fit the conventional "attractive" mould and yet they are in happy relationships with great guys. All your speculations about this guy seem possible, I guess I'll wait until Saturday to find out what exactly he wants from me....I hope it doesn't end up in the friend zone like a previous date of mine did a while ago.

@krissy990: I know exactly what you mean. I actually posted photos of my face a while ago to ask about my scarring, and I couldn't even get the scarring or whiteheads to show up in the picture. This is literally the only photo I could get of my scars. So it really depends on lighting, that's why I was so worried about meeting this guy in daylight, and unfortunately the second date will be outside in the hot sun in the middle of the afternoon. I'm worried about sweating on top of everything else. 

Based on my experience, online dating is touch and go. You might stumble upon a great guy or you might end up going out with a total jerk. But if you have been having good conversations with this guy, chances are you will hit it off in person as well. I recommend meeting at a place you feel comfortable in the first time and see how it goes. You might realize YOU don't like him, not the other way round - there's always that possibility. But if he wants to meet you and you get a good vibe from him, then go for it. Life is short. Good luck!!!

I agree with paigems post :) And you are beautiful :) From the pictures I see, i doesn't look that bad. really! I am pretty sure I can relate to how your feeling though! I have been feeling similar to this all week. I hope you find a wonderful guy who loves you for you. And I hope your skin changes for the best! 

" Comparing yourself to others destroys you from the inside out"
Morning 
~ Hemp Seed Oil  (for oil cleansing) 

~ CeraVe Foaming facial cleanser

~ Apple Cider Vinegar Toner (Made with raw organic vinegar and water) 
~ Pat On Hemp Seed Oil To Moisturize Face

Evening 

~ Hemp Seed Oil  (for oil cleansing) 
CeraVe Foaming facial cleanser
~ Hyaluronic Acid ( for more moisture) 
~ Pat On Hemp Seed Oil (to lock in moisture)

Weekly
~ Aztec Secrets Bentonite Clay Mask
Spot Treatments

~ Sulfur Ointment 
~ Curad Sensitive Band Aids Or Duo Derm Extra Thin Skin Dressing (to cover spots when I go to bed)
Tools
~ Tosowoong Pore brush
Supplements 
Oceans 3 Healthy Hormone Fish Pills (Helped very much with cysts!) 

#43 TheSavyBanana

TheSavyBanana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Singing, hiking, art, music, piano, feminism, blogging, veganism, loving my pets, learning to love myself and be happy :)

Achievements

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:33 AM

Hi everyone (a bit of a long story, read if you are interested),
I haven't posted on this forum for a few weeks due to a very busy schedule. I used to be on here every day, and it helped me get through the darkest time of my life. I took a break from acne discussions to focus on living and enjoying life now that my cystic acne is under control for the most part. I still have small pimples under the surface of my skin, but usually those go away with peels. My scarring and damaged tissue is what is mostly bothering me now, and I'm sick of my family and friends reassuring me that it's not noticeable. I know they mean well, but I want a reality check.  I'm really hoping you can tell me what you think, please be honest.

Ok, here's the story. I was starting to gain my confidence back after having severe acne for a year, and I thought I was ready to start dating again after being single for a long time.  I started talking to someone I met on an online dating site, and for a month we exchanged texts constantly. I felt an instant connection, and he did too.  Then the conversations moved to skype, and every time we videochatted he told me how pretty I look etc. We had intelligent conversations that lasted for hours, I hadn't felt this strong connection with someone in a long time and I didn't think I ever would again. So I finally agreed to meet him in person, and unfortunately we met in broad daylight, and we sat inside a coffeeshop with the sun shining right on my face. I tried not to let that affect my confidence, but he kept staring at me and I didn't like that. We had a good conversation, he asked me a lot of questions and seemed interested in my life, then we went to a movie as planned. However, I just felt that he wasn't that into me anymore. To make things worse, when he drove me back to my car after the movie (it was still early btw), he said "Should we have an awkward hug?" and that was it. The next day, he sent a text late in the afternoon (usually he would text me all day long) saying "had a lot of fun last night." I responded, made a funny comment, and asked him a question....no response until the next day, 12 hours later! Then nothing again until the day after. I even texted him but he just seemed uninterested and the texting didn't continue for long because he never bothered to ask me anything back. I feel so bad about myself right now....I hit an all time low, and I don't know if I can ever bring myself to go out on more dates. This confirmed all my insecurities and my worst fear of being rejected because of my looks. I didn't think this guy was superficial...actually, I was disappointed that he looked flawless (perfect body, cute face, good skin) because I couldn't compete with that. 
I just wanted to vent. On top of this rejection, I received a rejection from my dream job and then I also screwed up a very important job interview today because I was distracted. I feel like a failure in so many ways. 
I took 2 photos of my face on the same day, from a different angle. The third one I added on April 8th, with my face looking smoother. Is this a mindf*ck of what? How am I ever supposed to feel normal? In most photos and on skype, my face looks smooth, and then up close it's a disaster. What do you think, am I exaggerating or do I have  legitimate reasons to believe that I was rejected due to my face? I thought my personality would be enough to make up for some flaws, but apparently even intelligent guys who appreciate smart girls are superficial. :/
*sorry again for this pathetic rant, this is my ultimate low*

Oh my gosh darlin', you are so beautiful I could cry! And guess what? You don't have bad skin! You are like me- we feel badly about the smallest little marks on our skin! I know this is probably no consolation- but I know how this feels. I've felt it for years- sometimes I still do. I did absolute horrible things to myself because I felt so horrible about myself. I'm so sorry you are going through this. About the guy- I truly, honestly believe because you feel so down on yourself you are reading into the situation in a way any of us here would. I'd imagine things probably changed because it's AWKWARD always meeting someone in person for the first time! You know what I would do? I would ask him exactly what you're worried about! People always appreciate others being open and vulnerable with them. And chances are he gave no notice to your skin! And if he did- he is a worthless piece of shit who will NEVER EVER deserve such an amazing, beautiful girl as you!

Seriously though, you are so gorgeous. Please try to be easier on yourself. Feel free to message me anytime. I'm always here to talk.

-Savannah

You! Yes, you. The one reading this. You are beautiful, talented, amazing and simply the best at being you. Never forget that.

You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to you boyfriend/spouse/partner. Not to your coworkers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked "female."

Plea to the world: Eat less meat! Or better yet, don't eat it at all! The meat industry violates basic animal rights, it's destroying our planet, and there are so many health benefits you can gain by decreasing/eliminating meat from your diet. Don't let me tell you- do your own research so you can decide for yourself. (The dairy and egg industries are just as horrendous).

I highly recommend watching the movie Earthlings. ^

#44 sailette

sailette

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:58 AM

WishClean I totally get where you are coming from. Just wanted to say that you're not alone!

Yes, it could have been any number of reasons why this guy is flaky. There was a guy I met online and we chatted for a couple weeks before we met. The chemistry I felt via text/phone conversations was just NOT there in person. It disappointed me!

We went on a second date because I wanted to see if things could change. It didn't. But I loved texting with him! Lol too bad that doesn't make a relationship.

I also have a "similar" thread if you want to read it. It made me feel better about my situation.

Do you think you are brave enough to ask this guy what his deal is?

#45 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

Oh my gosh darlin', you are so beautiful I could cry! And guess what? You don't have bad skin! You are like me- we feel badly about the smallest little marks on our skin! I know this is probably no consolation- but I know how this feels. I've felt it for years- sometimes I still do. I did absolute horrible things to myself because I felt so horrible about myself. I'm so sorry you are going through this. About the guy- I truly, honestly believe because you feel so down on yourself you are reading into the situation in a way any of us here would. I'd imagine things probably changed because it's AWKWARD always meeting someone in person for the first time! You know what I would do? I would ask him exactly what you're worried about! People always appreciate others being open and vulnerable with them. And chances are he gave no notice to your skin! And if he did- he is a worthless piece of shit who will NEVER EVER deserve such an amazing, beautiful girl as you!

Seriously though, you are so gorgeous. Please try to be easier on yourself. Feel free to message me anytime. I'm always here to talk.

-Savannah

Thanks Savannah, you made my day :) And I love your signature, it's so true. I am leaning towards worthless piece of shit at the moment, but I don't want to be too negative. I did horrible things to myself too because I never felt that I was good enough...but really, life is too short to feel bad about ourselves. I was feeling angry towards myself after his interest died down, but then I figured that I can't change how I look like or who I am. If he doesn't like it, then he's not right for me. I don't want to feel insecure every time I am with him. I just thought for once I deserved to have a guy who is both intelligent and attractive...I guess he was more attractive than intelligent unfortunately. Did I mention he is supposed to be Buddhist, yet spends all his time at the gym, dieting, making money, and possibly sex (he said he had a high sex drive on the questions on okcupid)... I guess he's only buddhist when it suits him (don't get me wrong, he had a lot of good qualities too, but now his vanity overshadows them).  He also lives down the street from me...literally 3 minutes away from my apartment. Now I'm paranoid about running into him at the grocery store or when I go running.  wacko.png

Today I just focused on my health and I kept busy so as not to check my phone. 

Let me know if you ever want to talk too! You are a great person :)

I agree with paigems post smile.png And you are beautiful smile.png From the pictures I see, i doesn't look that bad. really! I am pretty sure I can relate to how your feeling though! I have been feeling similar to this all week. I hope you find a wonderful guy who loves you for you. And I hope your skin changes for the best! 

Thanks, I only trust acne.org users and if you all are saying my skin isn't that bad then it must not be. Ironically, since this guy stopped contacted me, my skin has been doing better and looking less tired, despite the fact that I've been comfort eating. So maybe one good thing will come out of this :)

WishClean I totally get where you are coming from. Just wanted to say that you're not alone!

Yes, it could have been any number of reasons why this guy is flaky. There was a guy I met online and we chatted for a couple weeks before we met. The chemistry I felt via text/phone conversations was just NOT there in person. It disappointed me!

We went on a second date because I wanted to see if things could change. It didn't. But I loved texting with him! Lol too bad that doesn't make a relationship.

I also have a "similar" thread if you want to read it. It made me feel better about my situation.

Do you think you are brave enough to ask this guy what his deal is?

Hey Sailette, 

I'll read your thread and respond to it. Sounds like you might have felt off like this guy...the chemistry maybe wasn't there for him either. But I am puzzled because he texted me an hour after our second "date" to say: "I have to say you looked pretty sexy today." Why would he lead me on like that? And when I responded "thanks you did too ;) " he didn't continue flirting. I even asked him afterwards if he wanted to hang out the next day and he said his mom was coming to town and he couldn't. A few days later I sent him a simple "how is your day going" and he responded 5 hours later with: "it was good! how was yours?" and when I responded, he never texted back. That was Monday, and he never texted again. 

So, my question is, why did he compliment me, then disappeared, and why would he tell me last time we met that he usually is free on the weekends? To me it felt like he was making himself available, and then when he complimented me via text I thought he wanted something more than just friends. So confusing!

I wish I could ask him what his deal was....I might if he ever contacts me again, but he might have just moved on to someone else. It's the rejection and the not knowing why that hurts the most.mellow.png

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

#46 RoseOrALilly

RoseOrALilly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:48 AM

Hi WishClean,

I think my scarring looks very much like yours (though I still have active acne and quite a bit of redness) 

I was wondering what you have found that has helped your scarring? Treatments? Topicals? Anything you take internally that you believe has made a difference? 

I'm very open to any advice you could give me regarding anything about scars. 

Thankyou

#47 toxicblondy

toxicblondy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:snowboarding and cheerleading

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

You are gorgeous.

#48 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

Hi WishClean,

I think my scarring looks very much like yours (though I still have active acne and quite a bit of redness) 

I was wondering what you have found that has helped your scarring? Treatments? Topicals? Anything you take internally that you believe has made a difference? 

Thankyou

Scars tend to get a bit better with time, so I'm just trying to be patient and not overload my skin. I basically take a lot of nutrients internally to help my body produce more collagen (vitamin C and antioxidants in particular) and I noticed that my skin looks healthier. If I don't sleep for 8 hours and do not eat well one day, my skin doesn't look as good. For a quick pick me up, I drink vitamin water zero, the no sugar kind, and that gives me some of those vitamins. And all the other things listed on my signature. Clear touch Light, which is like IPL but cheaper and less intense, has helped my scarring a bit, and so did red light therapy. 

Topically, I use a good night cream (Image Cosmetics' Ormedic night creme) that keeps the area moisturized and plumps it up temporarily. When I wake up in the morning, my scars look less shallow, but only if I use the cream every night (it has sodium hyaluronate that helps hydrate and fill in lines). 

I also used to use MSM cream, and that actually reduced a rolling scar I had on my cheek. 

You are gorgeous.

Thank you, I'm sure you are too :)

#49 RoseOrALilly

RoseOrALilly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:57 AM

Hi WishClean,

Thankyou

Scars tend to get a bit better with time, so I'm just trying to be patient and not overload my skin. I basically take a lot of nutrients internally to help my body produce more collagen (vitamin C and antioxidants in particular) and I noticed that my skin looks healthier. If I don't sleep for 8 hours and do not eat well one day, my skin doesn't look as good. For a quick pick me up, I drink vitamin water zero, the no sugar kind, and that gives me some of those vitamins. And all the other things listed on my signature. Clear touch Light, which is like IPL but cheaper and less intense, has helped my scarring a bit, and so did red light therapy. 

Topically, I use a good night cream (Image Cosmetics' Ormedic night creme) that keeps the area moisturized and plumps it up temporarily. When I wake up in the morning, my scars look less shallow, but only if I use the cream every night (it has sodium hyaluronate that helps hydrate and fill in lines). 

I also used to use MSM cream, and that actually reduced a rolling scar I had on my cheek. 

>You are gorgeous.

Thank you, I'm sure you are too smile.png

Hi again WishClean,

What kind of scarring do you actually have?

How much improvement do you think can be expected overtime if you leave them on their own to heal (without using harsh products and lasers etc)? 

I only noticed my indents about 1 month ago. I am not sure how long they've been there...

They're still red so I am hoping they're still healing and may get better if I do my most to help them. 

I am asking this here because the 'scar' section scares me! I don't want to think about horrible lasers and such just yet. I really do believe I can do something nice and natural now that might mean I never have to do any invasive treatments. 

Thanks again :) 

#50 Fernandox

Fernandox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

I don't know anything about your personality but just going on the photos alone, I would feel very lucky to go a date with a girl as pretty as you =)

#51 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:39 PM

Hi WishClean,

Thankyou

>You are gor

geous.

Thank you, I'm sure you are too

Hi again WishClean,

How much improvement do you think can be expected overtime if you leave them on their own to heal (without using harsh products and lasers etc)? 

I only noticed my indents about 1 month ago. I am not sure how long they've been there...

They're still red so I am hoping they're still healing and may get better if I do my most to help them. 

I am asking this here because the 'scar' section scares me! I don't want to think about horrible lasers and such just yet. I really do believe I can do something nice and natural now that might mean I never have to do any invasive treatments. 

Thanks again 

The scarring that is in the photos I posted...I guess it's like icepick/ poke marks mostly and some under the skin bumps that never come to the surface. 

I did post some photos a few months ago to ask people what they thought of my scars and they said they can't see them, so I posted photos here from a different angle in bright light to make them appear. Are yours similar?

I'm not ready for lasers or even dermaroller so I haven't looked at the scar forum carefully because I know what people will suggest and I'm not ready. Those treatments can actually trigger more acne, that's what a dermatologist told me, so I'd rather stick with the scars than the active acne. 

Since your indents are still red, there's a good chance they will become less dense in a few months. Keep moisturizing because dryness makes them appear deeper. 

Vitamin C internally can help, and some people on the scar forum use a topical vitamin C serum but I avoid it because my skin doesn't like anything topical with vitamin C. 

Vitamin E can also help (topically and internally), and so can MSM cream. MSM cream actually helped make one of my rolling scars disappear over the course of a month or two, but it usually only works on fresh scars.

I don't know anything about your personality but just going on the photos alone, I would feel very lucky to go a date with a girl as pretty as you =)

Thanks for the compliment. I have a feeling I'll be single for a long time  :/

#52 RoseOrALilly

RoseOrALilly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

Hi WishClean,

Thankyou

>You are gor

geous.

Thank you, I'm sure you are too

Hi again WishClean,

Thanks again 

The scarring that is in the photos I posted...I guess it's like icepick/ poke marks mostly and some under the skin bumps that never come to the surface. 

I did post some photos a few months ago to ask people what they thought of my scars and they said they can't see them, so I posted photos here from a different angle in bright light to make them appear. Are yours similar?

I'm not ready for lasers or even dermaroller so I haven't looked at the scar forum carefully because I know what people will suggest and I'm not ready. Those treatments can actually trigger more acne, that's what a dermatologist told me, so I'd rather stick with the scars than the active acne. 

Since your indents are still red, there's a good chance they will become less dense in a few months. Keep moisturizing because dryness makes them appear deeper. 

Vitamin C internally can help, and some people on the scar forum use a topical vitamin C serum but I avoid it because my skin doesn't like anything topical with vitamin C. 

Vitamin E can also help (topically and internally), and so can MSM cream. MSM cream actually helped make one of my rolling scars disappear over the course of a month or two, but it usually only works on fresh scars.

Thanks for the compliment. I have a feeling I'll be single for a long time  :/

My scars are more like shallow rolling scars, my skin looks a bit uneven in certain light. That's what I have classified them as anyway. I am considering posting photos and having others tell me what they think. I do believe we are harsher on ourselves. 

I still have active acne. A fair bit on congestion and clogged pores (whiteheads I think they're called). And this makes my skin look even more uneven. I like to believe that if I had not a single active bump or whitehead that my scarring would hardly look noticeable-maybe that's not realistic but I hope it is. 

I hope to get some vitamin C supplements when I next go shopping. What kind of dosage do you recommend? 

I have also introduced MSM internally over the past couple of weeks. 

What do you classify as 'fresh scars' exactly? Like how old? Or what would they look like?  

I am looking into topical MSM creams and am wondering if maybe it could help my rolling scars as it helped yours.

Could you recommend a brand? I have found a good one that is natural and has 10% MSM, do you think that is enough? 

I sort of feel like I'm at a critical point for healing the scars-I only noticed them about 1 month ago but they could have been there longer. I feel like if I get to it quickly I could heal them somewhat.    

I also noticed you're on DIM. I am also looking into that and natural progesterone cream as I believe that my acne could very possibly be hormone-but aggravated by stress etc.

Also another question, what was your acne like at its worst? And what do you believe has helped you the most?

I have been quite healthy for at least the past 5 months or so (with small slip up every once in a while), but I don't believe this has made much of a difference. I believe stress is a major factor for me. And I did calm down with the crazy stressing about my skin for a month or so and I stopped getting the bigger breakouts but then I discovered the scarring and I cannot stop thinking/stressing about it!!

Oh gosh, sorry for such a long rant and all the questions, I just feel totally consumed by all this and I don't have anyone to talk to about it so it's all just in my head. Grrrr. And also I have no bloody idea what to actually do!!! I read all this different stuff everyday and get so overwhelmed by it that I end up not actually doing anything different because I don't know where to start!!!!!

This is how its been for months-and maybe if I actually had have made a proper start months ago I wouldn't have the added stress of scarring!

Obviously I want to clear the acne. I think I will do this my giving DIM a try and maybe NPC. Most people see results within 3 months I believe.

But I also want to tackle the scarring at the same time. So....I will continue the supplements I am on already: Liver support, Zinc, magnesium, calcium and d3 (combined) and MSM. I will add Vitamin c, and maybe look into some antioxidants and also maybe gelatin (have heard its good for building collagen) and some good strong fish oil. 

I will continue to gently cleanse my skin at night time, not morning. I use a cream at night that is meant to prevent acne (natural). I will see about adding an MSM cream too-worried about overloading my skin though. 

Maybe use aloe vera and manuka honey mask for scarring/acne. 

And keep up with my good diet but try to include more anti-inflammatory foods. 

I am terribly sorry for the post. I just do feel very much like I'm and battling this entirely on my own.

Anyway, I would really appreciate it if you could answer my questions. Grr, not I just need to be a bit more proactive and just make some decisions and do something....

Thanks again WishClean.   

#53 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

I'd start with 500mg of vitamin C, then after 1-2 weeks up that to 500mg twice a day, ideally 12 hours apart.

Don't overdo it with the supplements. I used to take more than I needed, and then it was hard to tell what was working and what wasn't. Now I try to get most of my nutrients through food, and save my multivitamins for days where I don't have time to cook. 

Stress is huge for me too. When I'm stressed, my skin shows it. For me, acupuncture, yoga, and exercise in general help.

#54 Zatoneguy

Zatoneguy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

First thing... you are incredibly good looking, seriously. Knowing what it's like to suffer from acne and having a bit of scarring as well... has almost made me attracted to girls who've gone through the same thing. Don't know if that sounds super weird, but I guess these days it's a minor turn on, and something that makes me feel like I can "relate" on an emotional level that maybe I couldn't do otherwise.

But no joke... you have amazing features and really attractive eyes. No way in hell is anyone is going to reject you for anything to do with acne or scarring. Nothing about your face looks like it's actively having trouble with acne... just some very minor scarring that's not noticeable unless you seriously take the time to look for it. I would kill to have a chance with any girl that looked as good as you. Good luck :)))

#55 MuchoKamikaze

MuchoKamikaze

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

Thank you so much for your thread!

I used to be a confident guy with a beautiful girlfriend, unfortunately acne took me.

It has been 2 years now and I never had a serious relation since then. This is why I decided to start dating online.

At first, I was like, the girl is going to be so disappointed, she is going to reject me. My god; I was just focused on my skin like you.

I don't really think any of them noticed something and I had a great time!

The thing is that you make me be aware that we all have a negative opinion of our skin! When I saw your skin, I was like: "Is she kidding??" and I am pretty sure that you would say the same thing if you saw mine. we are trapped in a vicious circle but we will manage to escape!

A last thing, you must date with this face and I would date you with this face because you are beautiful and because you seem to be a nice person.

Take your time to find the right person. Until then, all this community will love you.

I wish you the best!

ps: hope my english is not too bad, not my mother tongue smile.png

Edited by MuchoKamikaze, 29 April 2014 - 04:23 PM.

#56 WishClean

WishClean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:14 PM

First thing... you are incredibly good looking, seriously. Knowing what it's like to suffer from acne and having a bit of scarring as well... has almost made me attracted to girls who've gone through the same thing. Don't know if that sounds super weird, but I guess these days it's a minor turn on, and something that makes me feel like I can "relate" on an emotional level that maybe I couldn't do otherwise.

But no joke... you have amazing features and really attractive eyes. No way in hell is anyone is going to reject you for anything to do with acne or scarring. Nothing about your face looks like it's actively having trouble with acne... just some very minor scarring that's not noticeable unless you seriously take the time to look for it. I would kill to have a chance with any girl that looked as good as you. Good luck ))

Thanks! I know what you mean, I am more attracted to guys with facial flaws as well. I would feel more comfortable dating someone who has been through this and understands because people with clear skin take it for granted. 

Thank you so much for your thread!

I used to be a confident guy with a beautiful girlfriend, unfortunately acne took me.

It has been 2 years now and I never had a serious relation since then. This is why I decided to start dating online.

At first, I was like, the girl is going to be so disappointed, she is going to reject me. My god; I was just focused on my skin like you.

The thing is that you make me be aware that we all have a negative opinion of our skin! When I saw your skin, I was like: "Is she kidding??" and I am pretty sure that you would say the same thing if you saw mine. we are trapped in a vicious circle but we will manage to escape!

A last thing, you must date with this face and I would date you with this face because you are beautiful and because you seem to be a nice person.

Take your time to find the right person. Until then, all this community will love you.

I wish you the best!

ps: hope my english is not too bad, not my mother tongue 

Thanks! I would probably lose my mind if I didn't post here, you guys put things in perspective. 

Nevertheless, the reality is that this guy disappeared and I wish I could know for sure if it was because of my face. Guys like him are very visual and superficial, so whatever he didn't like was on the surface. Oh well...I wish someone else will come along, but I haven't had the courage to even attempt to date anyone right now.

PS. How come there aren't any nice guys in real life? I never meet any where I live, only losers and superficial jerks. 

Edited by WishClean, 29 April 2014 - 09:24 PM.

#57 MuchoKamikaze

MuchoKamikaze

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:06 AM

But no joke... you have amazing features and really attractive eyes. No way in hell is anyone is going to reject you for anything to do with acne or scarring. Nothing about your face looks like it's actively having trouble with acne... just some very minor scarring that's not noticeable unless you seriously take the time to look for it. I would kill to have a chance with any girl that looked as good as you. Good luck ))

Thanks! I know what you mean, I am more attracted to guys with facial flaws as well. I would feel more comfortable dating someone who has been through this and understands because people with clear skin take it for granted. 

>>Thank you so much for your thread!

I wish you the best!

ps: hope my english is not too bad, not my mother tongue 

Thanks! I would probably lose my mind if I didn't post here, you guys put things in perspective. 

Nevertheless, the reality is that this guy disappeared and I wish I could know for sure if it was because of my face. Guys like him are very visual and superficial, so whatever he didn't like was on the surface. Oh well...I wish someone else will come along, but I haven't had the courage to even attempt to date anyone right now.

PS. How come there aren't any nice guys in real life? I never meet any where I live, only losers and superficial jerks. 

It is the big deal with online dating. You "fall in love" with someone you never met, that's never a good thing. It is not like you met someone in a bar , completely drunk and sweatie (is it english??).

He first saw your beautiful pictures and then had a great time chating with you. His attempts were high and maybe he was disappointed. I am sure you are not the problem. The problem is this kind of dating!

If you are too much focused on your looks, why don't you go in a bar with some GAY friends? You will have fun and if you meet a guy, he will like you for what you are at this exact moment!

I decided to give up with online dating for this reason! I prefer to be single and not to feel sad each time one of my online conquest rejects me! smile.png

And yes! On what are you dating? Tinder??

Edited by MuchoKamikaze, 30 April 2014 - 05:07 AM.

#58 Krassuz

Krassuz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:27 AM

lol, this girl is an easy fix... I'll fix you in 3 months, flawless.

What are you on about

#59 TinyKates

TinyKates

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:44 PM

Being 100% honest, your skin looks amazing! I seriously cannot understand as to why he would reject you. You are such an attractive person :) A tiny bit of scarring shouldn't drag down your confidence AT ALL. You're beautiful, and I'm sure that guy has plenty of flaws as well. Nobody is perfect and as we all age, our looks will expire and we will all wither away and that's that. Plus, if you talk with him more, you may realize that you actually aren't that into him. Best of luck :)

#60 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

Wish Clean, all the better to get rid of this guy than to have him hang around and you find out that he isn't the right match later.   All people are put in our lives for a reason so don't stress it - he served his purpose and its time to move on.  Looking at your pics, your complexion is wonderful and your acne and scarring are minimal.  I think ive come across of pictures when your acne was much worse and hun, your lifestyle has made a difference.

Take time off to enjoy life and when you feel ready, climb back on the horse and try again

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users